Sci/Tech Elon Musk becomes Twitter’s largest shareholder

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
As I said upthread, this is mostly just a side revenue project for Musk and it's likely Dorsey or someone Dorsey selects/approved will be directing the company soon. Behind the scenes Twitter has been going through upheaval due to a group of investors forcing changes, notably moving Dorsey out and getting a CEO more to their liking in. Musk will likely undo all of this and then either keep it as a side financial venture to raise capital for other things including building out web3 architecture or sell it to a Dorsey led or approved consortium of investors. People who think this is about speech or politics or whatever they think the platform means are missing the point. This is just capitalists doing what they do. Musk is the world's richest influencer, but otherwise nothing special, and this is good for his brand. I can only hope it leads to Twitter's demise because it's long overdue. I love it and have had a lot of fun there, but it's demobilizing for actual organizing and a cancer on the media ecosystem.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Watching mentally broken libtards meltdown over Musk is priceless. “I’m leaving Twitter” is the new “I’m moving to Canada”.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Let them stand and acknowledge themselves

Quite happy to have a discussion, preferably face to face

pusstards
I’m sure this is some super clever internet angle to really stick it to them but you’re the kinda guy pouring gas on your countries problems. Congratulations.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m sure this is some super clever internet angle to really stick it to them but you’re the kinda guy pouring gas on your countries problems. Congratulations.
Disagree. Do you like censorship of opinions? Is that good in your world ?
Control the “narrative” and shut people off?
Doesn’t sound like a healthy version of democracy

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Disagree. Do you like censorship of opinions? Is that good in your world ?
Control the “narrative” and shut people off?
Doesn’t sound like a healthy version of democracy
Huh? I’m talking specifically about you and anyone else who is happy when the “other side” is angry. That’s fucked and only further perpetuating your tit for tat way of thinking. You’re championing for a civil war. No idea why anyone would want that.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Huh? I’m talking specifically about you and anyone else who is happy when the “other side” is angry. That’s fucked and only further perpetuating your tit for tat way of thinking. You’re championing for a civil war. No idea why anyone would want that.
I’m championing for the rights of everyone
How do you pick and choose who gets to give an opinion?

signed,

twatcunt

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I’m not sure enjoying a juvenile meltdown over Twitter is asking for a civil war

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rooting for divide? Nope

Rooting for the systematic divide and complete hypocrisy by "the left" to be exposed? Yep

Do I trust Elon one bit? Nope

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’m not sure enjoying a juvenile meltdown over Twitter is asking for a civil war
Not what I was suggesting obviously. It’s just crazy to see him and many others (from both sides to be clear) who can’t help but wring their hands when ever they get the chance to stick it to whoever the other side is. Its this Twitter thing now but don’t pretend this is the only time one side has jumped at the other to really show em. It’s nuts. My initial question to him was why he’s happy when “they” are angry. This has been going on since the beginning of time I’m sure so every once and a while I like to ask somebody if this is something they like. I’d ask why and be curious to talk it out but you see how that usually goes. The civil war reference is just that. Two side of the same coin racing each other to the bottom. Tell me how this ends well for anyone.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not what I was suggesting obviously. It’s just crazy to see him and many others (from both sides to be clear) who can’t help but wring their hands when ever they get the chance to stick it to whoever the other side is. Its this Twitter thing now but don’t pretend this is the only time one side has jumped at the other to really show em. It’s nuts. My initial question to him was why he’s happy when “they” are angry. This has been going on since the beginning of time I’m sure so every once and a while I like to ask somebody if this is something they like. I’d ask why and be curious to talk it out but you see how that usually goes. The civil war reference is just that. Two side of the same coin racing each other to the bottom. Tell me how this ends well for anyone.
you sound butthurt about this

let them bang bro

Last edited: