General Empire gay actor Jussie Smollet staged attack...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I know nothing about the judicial system so can somebody that does please explain how 16 felonies can only get you three years in prison?

I was salivating and breaking out the Vaseline with my pants off reading the article and the “3 year sent” made me go limp.
Gay Privilege IMO

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wait wat? 16 felony charges? Surely that's 3 strikes and out if three of them come in?

Fucken us justice system is stupid. I once got a ticket for being mean to a cop and wound up with a bunch of bullshit charges (all got dropped) but charges non the less

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I know nothing about the judicial system so can somebody that does please explain how 16 felonies can only get you three years in prison?

I was salivating and breaking out the Vaseline with my pants off reading the article and the “3 year sentence” made me go limp.
Interesting that you 'break out the vaseline' over a story about a young gay man being punished.

M

member 3289

I imagine the sentences for each felony (should he be convicted) would have to be served concurrently, but that's just a guess.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Stole this from a homie on the Taco Bell...

Jussie Smollett: Charges dropped against Empire actor | Daily Mail Online

'I do not believe he is innocent': Prosecutor who dropped charges against Jussie Smollett ADMITS that he thinks he is guilty but says he got off because he has no criminal background as cops and Chicago mayor slam the decision as a 'whitewash of justice'
  • First Assistant Joe Magats stood by his decision to drop the charges and said it 'was not a whitewash'
  • Smollett completed 16 hours of community service between Saturday and Monday and gave up $10,000
  • Magats insists that he thought it was enough because the star is 'not a threat' and has no background
  • Mayor Rahm Emanuel said it was a whitewash of justice that he had been cleared on 16 counts
  • Eddie T. Johnson, the Chicago Police Department Superintendent, was equally enraged
  • Neither of them knew that the charges had been dropped and found out at a police academy ceremony
  • Smollett was facing 48 years behind bars on 16 felony charges for allegedly lying to police about the attack
  • Prosecutors and police were confident in their case and laid out their evidence publicly last month
  • A grand jury also returned a 16-count indictment which was based on a 'sliver' of the evidence
  • Magats' boss, State's Attorney Kim Foxx, is facing calls for an Attorney General investigation into how she handled the investigation
  • In the days after the attack, she tried to wrestle the case from Chicago PD and have the FBI take over
  • Smollett's family were exchanging texts with her and said it would be a 'huge victory' if the FBI led the probe