Fight Announcement and Training Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I Wild Each It;n25343 said:
Try the "Default - Advanced Mobile" option down in the very bottom left of any screen and see how that works.
Nice, trying now. Hopefully its better. Site works fine mostly. Just every now and again it wont let me edit or quote.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Man you guys have some very solid advice. His leg kicks are slow and telegraphed and he drops his hands at the same time so that's an easy counter. You guys are definitely right about the front kick, I'll start drilling that, if I keep him guessing between the front kick and the takedown he'll be in for a long night. What I noticed was he only has power in the first unless you walk into a punch. If I can ground him for the first round like Garcia did and work him in the clinch like Cree did I should find the finish on the ground no problem. He is obviously green on the ground and if I mount him I guarantee there will be a finish by GNP, as soon as he turns him trapping that arm from the back Marcelo Garcia style and getting that RNC or triangle from the back. I'm starting my cardio heavy right after the tournament and I'm going to be ready to push him hard.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Also unless he's moving forward he's not throwing much. When Garcia and Cree started making him think about the clinch and the takedown his striking became very hesitant and even more telegraphed.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Star-Lord;n25393 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFrHdjyMbG0

He wins this one but was getting lit up
Nickelson wins the first there fairly handily and again the clinch knees look good against this guy , he is a little bit wary of the power though and falls short a few times with his strikes.

That lead left hook that Zeph mentions works well for him here but not much really to keep him guessing and he starts timing the kicks well.

You seem to have the plan to victory man, wear him down with the knees inside and get the TD early, he will give you his back if this footage is anything to go by, and then its curtains.