For AFTER you see Star Wars Ep. 8 [SPOILERS]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
There was more than one audible 'What The Fuck?, laughs and snorts of disgust when that happened in the theatre I was in.

As much as I loved the end on that planet why the hell did the Imperial army have to go down there? Poe makes some bullshit line about them not being able to blast though that door from orbit and they don't explain it anymore. They can blow up planets from orbit for fucks sake, why can't they just blow up the whole damn mountain?
The bad writing and the huge plot holes in this movie definitely weigh down the few moments of true brilliance it had.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
The bad writing and the huge plot holes in this movie definitely weigh down the few moments of true brilliance it had.
I still loved the movie but a day or two after I started thinking about all the shit that happened and how most of it makes no sense and it took a bit of shine off of it. I hated Kylo in the first one. He was like emo vader. I actually enjoyed him in this one and that surprised the fuck out of me.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I still loved the movie but a day or two after I started thinking about all the shit that happened and how most of it makes no sense and it took a bit of shine off of it. I hated Kylo in the first one. He was like emo vader. I actually enjoyed him in this one and that surprised the fuck out of me.
I've enjoyed kylo for the most part through most but I absolutely understand the criticisms against him.

They new movie I enjoyed but only moderately. It had potential to be excellent, but certain aspects were soo bad it takes a lot away from it.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I've enjoyed kylo for the most part through most but I absolutely understand the criticisms against him.

They new movie I enjoyed but only moderately. It had potential to be excellent, but certain aspects were soo bad it takes a lot away from it.
It was beautifully shot and the cgi was incredible so I found I was able to look past the flaws and just enjoy the spectacle.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
It was beautifully shot and the cgi was incredible so I found I was able to look past the flaws and just enjoy the spectacle.
Floaty space leia, and how bad the finn rose story line was, and the who poe debacle were hard to get past. I still found it enjoyable. But I wouldn't necessarily say it was great. Moderately good. I really have no interest in rain getting his own trilogy.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I have a few things to say but first I have to get this off my chest :mad:

Jar Jar Finnks sucks donkey balls, he's terrible in every damn way!!

Last edited:

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This movie is a fucking train wreck. It has the feeling that the execs and director were taking a big shit on the fans and they, themselves, just hate Star Wars.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Still more enjoyable for me than rewatching the originals was a few years back

[The Last Jedi] I really hated the scene where the female commander says she must stay on the doomed ship just to pilot it, when really a droid would have sufficed instead of one of the most experienced and successful commanders...but "they" needed her onboard the other ship so she could watch the battle, see an opening and setup the amazing scene where she slices through the dreadnought (or whatever that ship was called) with her own ship. Soon as she said it I groaned, it was so ridiculously corny and unnecessary, and there were so many other ways to have her on that ship, like putting a skeleton crew with her just to sell it. Leia's reaction to her saying she's about to sacrifice herself was pathetic too.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I've seen a lot of complaints about Luke giving up but what else was a slap in the face for the original trilogy?
I don't understand these complaints. After all that time of Luke being by himself of course he's going to resort to his old self.
His friends were a big influence on him so remove them and stick him on an island where he's constantly doubting his failure with Ben Solo? Yea he's going to give up. He's no Yoda or Kenobi.

Edit: the quote was copied from the Solo thread. I figured I should steer the conversation over here rather than derail the other with Last Jedi talk.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I don't understand these complaints. After all that time of Luke being by himself of course he's going to resort to his old self.
His friends were a big influence on him so remove them and stick him on an island where he's constantly doubting his failure with Ben Solo? Yea he's going to give up. He's no Yoda or Kenobi.

Edit: the quote was copied from the Solo thread. I figured I should steer the conversation over here rather than derail the other with Last Jedi talk.
I don't feel it was an issue either, it was just the complaint I saw the most.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Fuck Carrie Poppins floating through space like is all I got to say.
There were so many big bad plot holes I almost forgot to mention that one. Just fucking stupid.
I honestly thought "okay.... this is a dream sequence, and someone's gonna wake up... right?"

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
There were so many big bad plot holes I almost forgot to mention that one. Just fucking stupid.
I honestly thought "okay.... this is a dream sequence, and someone's gonna wake up... right?"
The others I may of been able to forgive. But this alone ruins the movie for me.