Frank Mir agrees to deal with Bellator MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
And you know as well as I do that age is relative to the amount of damage someone has sustained. Mir is significantly older in fight years than Yoel despite the number beside of their names.
There's some truth to that, but 40 is 40. By that age, any damage you haven't incurred in the cage, life has taken care of.

My point was just that Bellator catches shut for having guys that age still fighting, but the UFC gets a free pass. Hell, Bisping's only title defense was against a fighter pushing 50 and no one batted an eye. Until the day he signs with Bellator; then everyone will rush to call Hendo a fossil.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
It's a double edged sword. If they had Kozola vs Banks, or Piccolatti vs Yamauchi headlining an event, it won't draw huge numbers no matter how much they promote it. They need established guys like Mir to draw people in, then stock the under card with their future stars.
I agree with this 100% emperor.

The simple fact is that people don't understand, or don't want to understand, the irony of the situation. They call for Bellator to sign young talent, and bash them when they "dont".

Fact is that Bellator does indeed sign young talent. The problem is that the people who say they want Bellator to sign young talent don't care enough about the young talent they sign. When Bellator signed Logan storley, an article about the signing had what 7 comments on mma fighting. When Bellator signed Higo, crickets, when Bellator signed Mozzatta(whose only loss prior to McKee was the current UFC bw champion) no one batted an eye. The funny thing is that most people probably won't know whom I'm talking about, which essentially proves my point.

Now Compare that to the type of negative feedback Bellator gets when they sign fading legends. Note that "feedback" not "negative" is the key word in the previous sentence. People simply care more about these fading legends. Fans may talk shit, but numbers prove that fading legends draw more, sell more, garner more attention. At this point, Bellator doesn't care if they like it or hate it, so long as the fans are paying attention. Fans are paying more attention to this frank mir signing than they are the recent road to Bellator: Spain tourney champion signing

Last edited:

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Not much I can say that hasn't been said other than I hope Frank pads that record and pocketbook on his way to retirement. He said on the podcast he is making more with Bellator than at any point in his UFC career. Good for him cashing in past his prime.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Fedor can't take a punch at all though, it would just be a horrible staring match until Frank sleeps him IMO like his fight with Cro Cop except Fedor will engage much earlier. Mir's chin is not exactly awesome either but it's nowhere near as cracked as Emelianenko's.

The legendary grappling contest everyone's hoping for won't materialise, and I don't think Fedor can take a HW's GNP anymore

EDIT: I don't think Fedor can take a big MW's GNP let alone a HW's with real power