Frankie Edgar happy to beat Conor McGregor, then beat him again for another title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Idk, I think his striking looks robotic. That combo he landed to KO Mendes, dumb as it sounds to criticize strikes that finished a fight, looked unbelievably rigid.

Idk if we're allowed to post gifs here. I apologize and will delete, if so.

And Conor is a smart guy. I'm sure the Mendes fight was a lesson. But it's important to also remember that he was preparing for a striker the entire time. He got an NCAA div 1 wrestler at the last minute.
^^that slip and rip to the jaw . don't be daft man Frankie has had some of the best boxing in the UFC for a while . Actually the guy is complete in all aspects of his game at this point in his career . Frankie has a wider array of take-down than mendes and can take down anyone in the 145-155 divisions . I'm not saying conor couldn't beat Frankie but this is a tough match up and if Frankie's chin holds up and his head movement and footwork do their job Frankie definitely can beat McG

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

^^that slip and rip to the jaw . don't be daft man Frankie has had some of the best boxing in the UFC for a while . Actually the guy is complete in all aspects of his game at this point in his career . Frankie has a wider array of take-down than mendes and can take down anyone in the 145-155 divisions . I'm not saying conor couldn't beat Frankie but this is a tough match up and if Frankie's chin holds up and his head movement and footwork do their job Frankie definitely can beat McG
He has decent boxing. He can be pretty stiff though. He also lacks power.

And as far as Frankie's chin goes, since you mentioned it, Maynard had him reeling and Maynard finishes nobody. I doubt Conor would fail to finish in that situation. However, Conor isn't Maynard and Maynard's wrestling makes it a different match up.

There's really no predicting this fight to within an acceptable range of certainty.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Edgar landed that shot on Chad because Mendes has T-rex arms.

He would never get close enough to McGoat to land that shit.
Dude Frankie can get inside of Conor's reach , Charles Oliveira has a 74' and Edgar got inside and chewed him up . Not saying do bronx and McG are the same level strikers but it is possible for Edgar to slip one of Conor's big lefts and pop him with a punch followed by a take-down .

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Maynard had him reeling and Maynard finishes nobody. I
Maynard doesn't finish anybody because Edgar ended his career let's be honest here before Edgar ,Maynard was (correction) 8-0 . And Edgar wasn't near the ability he was then and has taken no damage in his last 5 fights on the feet , he has improved alot since the Maynard fight and the Aldo fight which are the only fights he ever took damage in (except an upkick by benson)

Last edited:

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Frankie is old

Stuck in the mud

Rigid

Desperate
Looks like we got a conor fanboy with 0 lack of knowledge in MMA . Yes conor is a destroyer in the cage but Frankie is crème de le crème make no mistake about it

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I want Conor to return to 145 and fight frankie, just cos it's gonna be a really good fight and frankie deserves the shot and the pay day..sadly all recent evidence suggests that Conor probably won't come back to '45..

M

member 3289

Dude Frankie can get inside of Conor's reach , Charles Oliveira has a 74' and Edgar got inside and chewed him up . Not saying do bronx and McG are the same level strikers but it is possible for Edgar to slip one of Conor's big lefts and pop him with a punch followed by a take-down .
Yeah I don't see it happening, man. Conor McGregor is just on a whole nother level in terms of his striking and keeping distance.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Maynard doesn't finish anybody because Edgar ended his career let's be honest here before Edgar ,Maynard was knocking fools out in 12 seconds . And Edgar wasn't near the ability he was then and has taken no damage in his last 5 fights on the feet , he has improved alot since the Maynard fight and the Aldo fight which are the only fights he ever took damage in (except an upkick by benson)
What?

Maynard was "knocking fools out"?

Maynard had 8 fights in the UFC before Edgar. 1 KO, 7 decisions. And the KO was over a fall guy with no wiki page.

You're confused.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
While I understand that Chad had him down and held him there, it only took one mistake for Conor to get back up and knock him out. Not exactly something that Conor should bank on, but I don't think the wrestling portion of that fight is as telling as some seem to believe it is. Chad was tired but he had taken a ton of kicks to the gut, and Conor was pretty injured himself by all accounts. I think his TDD is better than we saw that night, and I also think that we shouldn't under-sell the fact that he was successful in the scrambles, stayed patient on the bottom and capitalized off of Chad's mistake to finish the fight in the second round. Frankie is one of my favorite fighters ever, but I am not sure he is more of a nightmare for Conor than Aldo or RDA.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
What?

Maynard was "knocking fools out"?

Maynard had 8 fights in the UFC before Edgar. 1 KO, 7 decisions. And the KO was over a fall guy with no wiki page.

You're confused.
Okay maybe he just knocked a fool out but even so the people he beat before Edgar werent chumps but maybe the one he koed was . But at the time , Nate Diaz , Jim Miller , Florian , weren't chumps and 8-0 is is still impressive then Edgar koed him he never was the same . But if Edgar takes the sane damage he took in those Maynard fights i agree he's a goner . So I'm hoping his improvements negate that from happening lol

M

member 1013

McGregor has rejuvenated two divisions with out even fighting in one of them, crazy.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
Looks like we got a conor fanboy with 0 lack of knowledge in MMA . Yes conor is a destroyer in the cage but Frankie is crème de le crème make no mistake about it
I'm the best fight picker on this site.

I think you are the one who lacks knowledge, son.

Edgar will never fight Conor. You heard it here first.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Edgar will never fight Conor. You heard it here first.
Then for me, no matter where he goes, he will always have a black spot in his career. He ran from him before when he chose the easier fight in Mendes.

His body looks like it's swiveling like a rockemsockem robot and his fist stops 3 inches after Mendes' face, like he's shadowboxing.

I still think Frankie is a great fighter I just think his striking is way below Conor's.
Do you know where you should "aim" when you throw a hard punch? Ever threw one?

And look where Conor's fist stops its motion. Its a weird argument.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Frankie is old

Stuck in the mud

Rigid

Desperate
Someone reported this as fighter bashing. I see it more as an opinion. A bit flawed? Maybe. But just one mans opinion of Frankie's age & fighting style, without name calling.

"Frankie is a old douchebag, that is coming off desperate". That would be fighter bashing.

Anyone disagree?

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Someone reported this as fighter bashing. I see it more as an opinion. A bit flawed? Maybe. But just one mans opinion of Frankie's age & fighting style, without name calling.

"Frankie is a old douchebag, that is coming off desperate". That would be fighter bashing.

Anyone disagree?
Not fighter bashing just trolling.