Frankie Edgar happy to beat Conor McGregor, then beat him again for another title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Then for me, no matter where he goes, he will always have a black spot in his career. He ran from him before when he chose the easier fight in Mendes.

Do you know where you should "aim" when you throw a hard punch? Ever threw one?

And look where Conor's fist stops its motion. Its a weird argument.

Look at the gif I posted of Edgar hitting Mendes. His torso robotically swivels back like he's shadowboxing.

It's just a funny way of describing it. Like I said, I think he's a great fighter and I'm not looking to start an insult war or anything. I just think his striking is clearly way below Conor's.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'm not looking to start an insult war or anything.
Same. :)
His torso robotically swivels back like he's shadowboxing.
Yes I am seeing that, it is the motion with which he gets his head out of the way for a counter he protects with his other hand as well btw. It might not look very beautiful, but it surely is better than not moving his head and not protecting it, as Conor does it. He just stays there and eats the shot. At some point, this will probably cost him.
So if you go by these two gifs alone, and using your vocabular, Conor's striking is way below Frankie's.

But you know, both are different fighters and have different tools. Conor's length, power and precision clearly helps, his kicking game is superior.
But when it comes to boxing prowess, I pick Frankie all day. He does more things right.

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Someone reported this as fighter bashing. I see it more as an opinion. A bit flawed? Maybe. But just one mans opinion of Frankie's age & fighting style, without name calling.

"Frankie is a old douchebag, that is coming off desperate". That would be fighter bashing.

Anyone disagree?
I tend to disagree. I see it less as an opinion and more of a trolling re iteration of what conor has says in hopes of provoking a response (which it did ) instead of a personal opinion . And if it was an opinion it probably the most distasteful way of sharing your view on a fighter " Frankie is past his prime and couldn't hold a candle to conor " is more of an opinion " old, rigid, and desperate" not only is it incorrect but is just blatantly just an insult troll in my view .

Last edited:

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
It might not look very beautiful, but it surely is better than not moving his head and not protecting it, as Conor does it.
Not only does it not looke beautiful but as he rotates his torso through the left hand it is overly stiff and his hand is far behind where it is should be in the arc for true power.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Not only does it not looke beautiful but as he rotates his torso through the left hand it is overly stiff and his hand is far behind where is should be for true power.
Frankie's combo on Chad was technically sound from all stand points . Stiff right hand , dipped his head of the center line and followed with the left hook for the perfect to piece KO. To me and many people it looked beautiful executed and the boxing was crisp . Of course I shouldn't go as far to say Edgar is a better striker than conor but a pure Boxer ? Possibly, because Conor is very unorthodox as you guy already know and people have pointed out above ,^ the combo doesn't seem mechanical to me maybe not as "flowy" as conor but definitely not mechanical, and I've never heard about "his hand is behind where it should be for true power " before but it just sounds stupid . Not all punches are gonna end in the same place even if they are all executed perfectly technically wise . Take for instance almeida koing birchak, his fist ended fight at birchaks jaw and went no further than the tip of birchaks jaw (Conor's fist went way out there after aloe ko) so saying "his hand was behind where is should be fore true power " is just goofy to me lol

Last edited:

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Out of any fight for Conor this is the most interesting. Frankie is the best he has ever been and his well rounded skillset would pose some problems for Conor. I would still favor Conor in this fight but not by much. Im also interested in seeing what Conor would say leading up to the fight with Frankie. Sadly i think if Conor beats RDA the Edgar fight isnt going to happen.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Have you guys ever boxed before ? Because Frankie's combo on Chad was technically sound from all stand points . Stiff right hand , dipped his head of the center line and followed sith the left hook for the perfect to piece KO. To me and many people it looked beautiful executed and the boxing was crisp . Of course I shouldn't go as far to say Edgar is a better striker than conor but a pure Boxer ? Possible because Conor is very unorthodox as you guy already know and people have pointed out above ,^ doesn't seem mechanical to mee , and I've never heard about "his hand is behind where it should be for try power " before but it just sounds stupid . Not all punches are gonna end in the same place even if they are all executed perfectly technically wise . Take for instance almeida koing birchak, his fist ended fight at birchaks jaw and went no further than the tip of birchaks jaw (Conor's fist went way out there after aloe ko) so saying "his hand was behind where is should be fore true power " is just goofy to me lol
Look it's beautiful work and does the job very nicely. I'm micro analysing a few frames here and I wasn't talking about the follow through mentioned before. If you watch the shot again Frankie is relying on muscle to drive his shot through. Instead of using his skeleton and driving that through his opponent.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Out of any fight for Conor this is the most interesting. Frankie is the best he has ever been and his well rounded skillset would pose some problems for Conor. I would still favor Conor in this fight but not by much. Im also interested in seeing what Conor would say leading up to the fight with Frankie. Sadly i think if Conor beats RDA the Edgar fight isnt going to happen.
I hope it happens, it's early days yet.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
I hope it happens, it's early days yet.
If anything RDA and Edgar need to get to Conor now before he really tightens his grappling up . Which he probably has been improving like crazy in . A conor with take-down defense and subs off his back is a scary scary proposition

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
If anything RDA and Edgar need to get to Conor now before he really tightens his grappling up . Which he probably has been improving like crazy in . A conor with take-down defense and subs off his back is a scary scary proposition
He stopped half of Chads injured and fully committing he'll be fine.

Edit- that came out harsher then I meant it.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
LOL look at pit bull and mmax and their female emotions. Fucking relax.

That's my OPINION. That's the way I see it. He's not that good... IMO.

Just relax. Bunch of little girls.

Conor will knock him stiff just like he did Aldo.

Put your money where your mouth is instead of reporting me for my opinion.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Grow up man , how fucking old are you ? Learn how to share your opinion without sounding like a fucking parrot . Shit you might as well of paraphrased McG word for word . Or better yet share an opinion without coming off like a 12 year bandwagon fan .

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
How about you stop talking and put your money where your mouth is, if you're so adamant about Frankie Edgar?

Pick a fight next ufc.

$100 on the line, straight up.

Tired of you little girls. Tired of the talking.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
How about you stop talking and put your money where your mouth is, if you're so adamant about Frankie Edgar?

Pick a fight next ufc.

Who the fuck do you think you are? Learn how to fucking speak like an adult before you try to be a gambling man you oaf. Let's go then . Barnett vs rothwell . I got big ben

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
lol, seriously. I just gave my opinion and pitbull and mmax over here getitn their panties in a bunch over words lol

SORRY! I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
Who the fuck do you think you are? Learn how to fucking speak like an adult before you try to be a gambling man you oaf. Let's go then . Barnett vs rothwell . I got big ben
Confirmed.

May the best man win.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Buff Bagginz @Buff Bagginz
Funny, didn't you disrespect a man here first? Now the manly thing is to pick and bet? zZz
The manly thing for you to do would be to go into the gym and challenge Frankie. And please post the vid of it here! :leftright:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Not only does it not looke beautiful but as he rotates his torso through the left hand it is overly stiff and his hand is far behind where it is should be in the arc for true power.
I think he just got around to it, shoulder came a little late perhaps, and he probably expected Mendes head to be somewhere else. But I don't see the problem with the 'stiffness' of it. Its close range and a hook.

Last edited:

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I think he just got around to it, shoulder came a little late perhaps, and he probably expected Mendes head to be somewhere else. But I don't see the problem with the 'stiffness' of it. Its close range and a hook.
Stiffness isn't as big a problem as the mechanics, and when I say that remember I'm knit picking a a former world champion. I'm not saying he isn't very good.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

That's my OPINION. That's the way I see it. He's not that good... IMO.

Just relax. Bunch of little girls.
Look dude,
I can appreciate some shit talking to keep things interesting.
But get the focus back on the fight and off of each other personally.

Calling names and then telling people to relax is a pretty bullshit way to frame things.

Others, quit feeding into this and derailing threads. Everyone else is annoyed with your fighting.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Pick a fight next ufc.

No one is forcing you to be here. There is a forum that is perfect for a poster like you.