Frankie Edgar to Conor McGregor: 'If he's got balls, he'll pick me'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Apr 3, 2015
#care about names. I already wrote that.

I dont know what you mean by "#care about names". but I do know its rather juvenile.

There was a something something, and it was important enough for BJJ and ground-experts to talk about it. So far, so good, right?

so are you really going to not believe the definition of a sweep? to believe the gracies?

So, who is supporting your claim that it was not well done and just something natural and doing it do a Diaz is nothing remarkable and whatnot?

I see only the video you posted talking about this magical sweep. I dont see anyone else talking about it. but i do admit, I dont follow Conor's "news" very much if at all.

P

Punch

he wasnt "standing over him". unless you mean the 0.0004 of a second he was there. the entire scramble lasted less than 4 seconds, its not like he was thre raining bombs down and Conor got up the fortitude to sweep him.

there was no position to sweep from. they were scrambling. get over it.
The point that you were trying to make earlier (which has gone off on hard tangents) is that "Conor has ZERO for Frankie on the ground. ZERO."

That's not entirely accurate. Frankie has by far the better ground game on paper, but that doesn't always mean something once the cage closes.

You asked us to show examples of why we thought so. We provided expert analysis of his grappling game.

You still hold claim to your original statement, and that's fine. Your opinions are that, and i can respect conviction.

However, to hold up your blue belt and say that you know what BJJ is better than Rener is like me saying after a astrophysics class that we're going to call black holes "Flim Flams" from now on. And that Neil DeGrasse Tyson better fall in line because he got his degree out of a cracker jack box.

Apr 3, 2015
The point that you were trying to make earlier (which has gone off on hard tangents) is that "Conor has ZERO for Frankie on the ground. ZERO."

this is correct

That's not entirely accurate. Frankie has by far the better ground game on paper, but that doesn't always mean something once the cage closes.

HA! okay, sure. what ever you say.

You asked us to show examples of why we thought so. We provided expert analysis of his grappling game.

LOL, thats a stretch, you provided expert annalysis that was wrong about a "move" he "completed".

You still hold claim to your original statement, and that's fine. Your opinions are that, and i can respect conviction.

However, to hold up your blue belt and say that you know what BJJ is better than Rener is like me saying after a astrophysics class that we're going to call black holes "Flim Flams" from now on. And that Neil DeGrasse Tyson better fall in line because he got his degree out of a cracker jack box.

I am not saying they are wrong. I am saying Conor didnt do that move.

and my opinion on the gracies is rather low. Rener is a guy looking to make money off of anything he can. the gracies are a very shady family and would do anything to promote anything they can make money off of (bjj wise).

I am surprised Rener didnt come out and say he invented it and showed it to Conor in his sleep.

this is coming from the same people that think you can get a bluebelt in your living room with no sparring

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I see only the video you posted talking about this magical sweep. I dont see anyone else talking about it. but i do admit, I dont follow Conor's "news" very much if at all.
Learn to quote better please, what a drag.

I didn't post no video, that was someone else. But I did say that there are other sources, and there are. But honestly, cba to doing that work for you, because I see no evidence that it would lead to anything but you discrediting them as well. So why bother.
Now, if you can do some work and find me some experts claiming something different, be my guest. I am open minded to it.

Apr 3, 2015
Learn to quote better please, what a drag.

I didn't post no video, that was someone else. But I did say that there are other sources, and there are. But honestly, cba to doing that work for you, because I see no evidence that it would lead to anything but you discrediting them as well. So why bother.
Now, if you can do some work and find me some experts claiming something different, be my guest. I am open minded to it.
where are these other sources? cause I cant find any. or is it just a bunch of fanboys thinking it was a sweep so therefor, it was a sweep?

P

Punch

LOL, thats a stretch, you provided expert annalysis that was wrong about a "move" he "completed".

I am not saying they are wrong. I am saying Conor didnt do that move.
You literally said this in the preceding sentence. I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're just arguing to argue, even though you are demonstrably wrong.

P

Punch

I dont need to learn to quote better. I know how you quote you munson's.

I am answering each of your questions individually.
Highlight the section, quote it, answer it. Rinse, repeat. That way the posters under you who wish to quote you don't have to go back into the quote of a quote and copy and paste for you.

Apr 3, 2015
Highlight the section, quote it, answer it. Rinse, repeat. That way the posters under you who wish to quote you don't have to go back into the quote of a quote and copy and paste for you.
so you would rather me create multiple posts to address all your questions when I can just bold my text and quote it once?

Apr 3, 2015
You literally said this in the preceding sentence. I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're just arguing to argue, even though you are demonstrably wrong.
I do not think it was a sweep. and no matter how many "expert" opinions you guys post it wouldnt change my mind.

I'll give credit to Conor for the things he deserves them for. not the things his fanboys think he did.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I dont need to learn to quote better. I know how you quote you munson's.

I am answering each of your questions individually.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Are you for real? Go back last page and look at some of your posts. And try to quote them! Lol. My god.
You just need to be right about everything / you don't ever do something wrong or have a wrong opinion, right?

where are these other sources? cause I cant find any. or is it just a bunch of fanboys thinking it was a sweep so therefor, it was a sweep?
Of course you can't... Weak stuff.
And again, who cares how you call it? My question is if it was well done or not, especially considering who he did it against.

I'll give you one name, I have more, and I didn't even try to look for it. Firas Zahabi. Do you respect him? Probably not anymore, because he does not share your opinion!

P

Punch

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Are you for real? Go back last page and look at some of your posts. And try to quote them! Lol. My god.
You just need to be right about everything / you don't ever do something wrong or have a wrong opinion, right?

Of course you can't... Weak stuff.
And again, who cares how you call it? My question is if it was well done or not, especially considering who he did it against.

I'll give you one name, I have more, and I didn't even try to look for it. Firas Zahabi. Do you respect him? Probably not anymore, because he does not share your opinion!
It's true, Firas made a breakdown, didn't he? I haven't watched that one yet though, do you mind linking it please?

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Awh poor twolly doesn't like getting mauled. Lol at meme or gif replies that's straight bitch made and we all know it.

Apr 3, 2015
I am not wrong though guys. he was not swept. just because you fan boys think it was a sweep doesnt mean it was.

dozens of experts thought Conor was going to win the fight. were they right?

definitions

sweep:

"A sweep, when referred to in the context of ground fighting is a technique used to transition from a neutral or inferior position to a dominant position, such as a practitioner moving from in an opponent's guard to full mount, hence the alternative term 'reversal' as the dominance of positions have been reversed."

scramble:

"scrambling ability is the ability to push off your feet to defend or escape without a set technique in mind"