Frankie Edgar to Conor McGregor: 'If he's got balls, he'll pick me'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Apr 3, 2015
Mendes has a much better double than Frankie, much better. Frankies wrestling style is a lot closer to the Eastern European style Conor trains, there is plenty of clues Conor will handle Frankie easier than Chad.

Ye I'm new but unlike a lot of you, this isn't the only sport I understand, I've probably played more sports than a lot of you have watched and that's not getting into what I've watched. Oh ye I have several qualifications in sport and excercise, including coaching tickets for two sports which are vastly more mechanically complicated than any element of MMA except BJJ. But ye sit on your high horse cause you have more watched fights under your belt.

P

Punch

I would call what happened a scramble. one which Nate decided to pull guard on. COnor had very little to do with that transition.
So Conor had nothing to do with that, and Nate decided to give up a dominant position for shits and giggles...

You trolling on a slow day at work, aren't you? :D

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Psychotropic Wanderlust @Psychotropic Wanderlust gotta say, you are not looking good here. Don't hate on Alienhomie and give him rainbows when he is correct.
That was a well done reversal by Conor. And if you don't believe us, watch the Gracie breakdown. I'm sure you will accept their authority, right?

Apr 3, 2015
So Conor had nothing to do with that, and Nate decided to give up a dominant position for shits and giggles...

You trolling on a slow day at work, aren't you? :D
No, but it wasnt a sweep. it was a scramble. one which Nate dictated. Conor disrupted him trying for mount. but Nate pulled him into guard, trying for rubber guard.

Apr 3, 2015
Hmkay, I guess we are done here then.
Take a look at that breakdown though if you can. Pretty please? ;)
listen guy, Nate never had position in that transition. neither of them did. thats why its considered a scramble. if Nate got mount then Conor reversed it THAT would be a reversal or sweep.

do you guys even BJJ bro?

P

Punch

listen guy, Nate never had position in that transition. neither of them did. thats why its considered a scramble. if Nate got mount then Conor reversed it THAT would be a reversal or sweep.

I'm pretty sure i heard Rener call it a sweep.

Swwwwwww-eep.

I'll believe Rener's opinion on the matter. :D

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

'listen guy'? Is that a placeholder for an insult you just don't have the courage to write? Because we are siding with actual experts on that matter, and not you? Not appreciating that.

Rener and the Gracie's were not the only ones to give it such names. Maybe try to find some breakdowns and analyses that support your claim, and then come back to it.
But generally speaking, names are nothing but smokes and mirrors. What he did there was well done, no matter what you call it, especially considering who he did it against.

Apr 3, 2015
'listen guy'? Is that a placeholder for an insult you just don't have the courage to write? Because we are siding with actual experts on that matter, and not you? Not appreciating that.

you are reading far too much into it bro. take your mothers tampon out of your ass.

Rener and the Gracie's were not the only ones to give it such names. Maybe try to find some breakdowns and analyses that support your claim, and then come back to it.
But generally speaking, names are nothing but smokes and mirrors. What he did there was well done, no matter what you call it, especially considering who he did it against.

I believe the gracies in BJJ about as much as I believe Hulk Hogan and his "vitamins and prayers" bullshit.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I believe the gracies in BJJ about as much as I believe Hulk Hogan and his "vitamins and prayers" bullshit.
BJJ and groundwork is not my forté, but I'll believe them more than you, sorry. And as I said, they were not the only experts. But it probably wouldn't matter showing you, you would just discredit the source anyway.

So, who do you trust then in those matters? And are there experts that support your claim?

Apr 3, 2015
BJJ and groundwork is not my forté, but I'll believe them more than you, sorry. And as I said, they were not the only experts. But it probably wouldn't matter showing you, you would just discredit the source anyway.

So, who do you trust then in those matters? And are there experts that support your claim?
you can believe whatever you want. sweeps come from positions, not a scramble transition.

"A sweep, when referred to in the context of ground fighting is a technique used to transition from a neutral or inferior position to a dominant position, such as a practitioner moving from in an opponent's guard to full mount, hence the alternative term 'reversal' as the dominance of positions have been reversed."

he was not in a dominant position, he never had position to begin with, there was no position so therefor, it was a scramble, not a sweep.

P

Punch

you can believe whatever you want. sweeps come from positions, not a scramble transition.

"A sweep, when referred to in the context of ground fighting is a technique used to transition from a neutral or inferior position to a dominant position, such as a practitioner moving from in an opponent's guard to full mount, hence the alternative term 'reversal' as the dominance of positions have been reversed."

he was not in a dominant position, he never had position to begin with, there was no position so therefor, it was a scramble, not a sweep.
Standing over someone when they are on their back is indeed a dominant position in MMA.

Apr 3, 2015
Standing over someone when they are on their back is indeed a dominant position in MMA.
he wasnt "standing over him". unless you mean the 0.0004 of a second he was there. the entire scramble lasted less than 4 seconds, its not like he was thre raining bombs down and Conor got up the fortitude to sweep him.

there was no position to sweep from. they were scrambling. get over it.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

#care about names. I already wrote that.

There was a something something, and it was important enough for BJJ and ground-experts to talk about it. So far, so good, right?

So, who is supporting your claim that it was not well done and just something natural and doing it do a Diaz is nothing remarkable and whatnot?

Apr 3, 2015
@Rhino

do youthink this was a sweep or a scramble?

I say scramble due to no one having position and Conor not ending up in any form of dominant position, (Nate pulls Conor into his guard.)

others say sweep.

what say you?! lol!