Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes to headline TUF 22 Finale

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Quod severis metes
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think it's a great fight don't get me wrong, I'm just confused as to why they won't do this with other pairs of clear top contenders, even when one is coming off a loss and still the 1 and 1a and Mendes fighting for a title/interim 3 times in less than a year and a half is the repetition people gave Frankie and Cain/Zuffa shit for. I don't see them changing to this in all divisions (even though they probably should) they usually want to have separate clear paths and claims to the title for spare guys in case of injury. If Luke dropped out for some reason, Jacare would not be argued as a weak replacement, if he had lost in this type of fight, it would be replacing off of a loss or with a guy who didn't have the decisive win to make it in their position. There's risk in this if injury crops up...

I think they fight at some point regardless of this, the best do fight each other all the time, it's what titlefights are.

Last edited:

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
Mendes' Power could be the difference in this fight...
Yes ,cuz once he clips Frankie good, drops him the REAL Frankie Edgar will emerge. Edgar always preforms best when coming from behind.

Joking with a bit of truth to it.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
close fight to call.. The only way I see mendes winning is by catching edgar with a hard shot and TKOing him (I would cry if i saw frankie get flash KO'd :()..... now idk if frankie has the power to end mendes in 1 strong hit but i think he could win a decision... or possibly a TKO if he's able to connect flush on the chin at some point and get a GNP stoppage.

Wild card is each fighter can get a guillotine choke finish if the other goes for a lazy TD late in the fight

I say Edgar wins 60% of the time if it's out of 10 fights sooo we'll see how it goes come fight night..should be exciting
#LetsGoEdgar

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
So on a side note, who do you think the loser of this fight fights next? Holloway? Llamas if Edgar loses / Swanson if Chad loses?

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
This is a super hard fight to pick. I think it is a dangerous fight to book as a lot of people want to see Edgar take on Aldo again or McGregor, but I commend the UFC for going with the best possible fight and not worrying about contender killing.

I pick Edgar to win, but I don't know if I just want him to win or actually think he will win. Pick em fight