Garden Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I hate those fungus nats

I get it in a 30 lb bag from the farm store around here...says food grade...can't find an image.
Last me about 3 years.

How is the MOAB doing? Notice any jump in the flowers?
How dem pillars? U gonna use the Caption Jack's this year?

The ash, smoke, fires messed up my single plant this year...it was not a fan of 13 days of 20% light so it is premature and confused plus covered in ash LOL.
I applied the first dose of MOAB on Friday, so nothing noticeable thus far. Takes more than a few days to see a difference, unless you use too much of it or don't tone down the primary nutrients enough, in which cases it will burn the living shit out of plants quickly.

Been spraying Captain Jack's methodically, and even hit the plants with some BT between applications. So far I only have seen real damage to a single Tahoe lower cola. I've been pretty religious about picking off eggs this year, which I have never put much effort into before. That may the real reason I haven't been devastated so far. Easily 200+ eggs hand picked off of plants and buds, but those things are so small that you're really only scratching the surface. I have really concentrated on eggs laid directly on buds or bud hairs. Perhaps with one or two potted plants it would be doable, but with 6...that takes some serious time out of any given day, and I just don't have that kind of motivation or time. I don't have any in ground plants this year, but fuck trying this shit on trees.

Did your plant show nanners? I got a few nanners and I'm faily positive it was due to the smoke/lack of daylight. I picked them all off (all that I could see) as they were developing, so I think it will be a non-issue. Even picked a few off today. They were all on one pheno (what I am deeming as the better pheno) of the Tahoe. Nothing on the others.

M

member 3289

Ok I'm gonna try to steer this thread away from the terrible advice that shat up the second half of the last page.

Papi Chingon @Papi Chingon have you ever used a cheese cloth or other filter to keep your compost tea from getting too murky?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Ok I'm gonna try to steer this thread away from the terrible advice that shat up the second half of the last page.

Papi Chingon @Papi Chingon have you ever used a cheese cloth or other filter to keep your compost tea from getting too murky?
Not cheese cloth, but I have used burlap and nylon sleeves. Just go to the store and get some pantyhose, or raid your wife's drawer and claim ignorant. Murkiness isn't a big deal but it can clog the shit out of air stones. No harm to plants. As stated before, I'm ghetto style these days since my old pump burned out years ago. Just prior to applying mine to the soil, I just dump the 5 gallon bucket into another 5 gallon bucket, and the last 1/4 of it I just go really slow. As long as I don't mix or agitate prior to that pour, it's easy peasy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I applied the first dose of MOAB on Friday, so nothing noticeable thus far. Takes more than a few days to see a difference, unless you use too much of it or don't tone down the primary nutrients enough, in which cases it will burn the living shit out of plants quickly.

Been spraying Captain Jack's methodically, and even hit the plants with some BT between applications. So far I only have seen real damage to a single Tahoe lower cola. I've been pretty religious about picking off eggs this year, which I have never put much effort into before. That may the real reason I haven't been devastated so far. Easily 200+ eggs hand picked off of plants and buds, but those things are so small that you're really only scratching the surface. I have really concentrated on eggs laid directly on buds or bud hairs. Perhaps with one or two potted plants it would be doable, but with 6...that takes some serious time out of any given day, and I just don't have that kind of motivation or time. I don't have any in ground plants this year, but fuck trying this shit on trees.

Did your plant show nanners? I got a few nanners and I'm faily positive it was due to the smoke/lack of daylight. I picked them all off (all that I could see) as they were developing, so I think it will be a non-issue. Even picked a few off today. They were all on one pheno (what I am deeming as the better pheno) of the Tahoe. Nothing on the others.
Nice move on the egg mission...that lil egg becomes a monster muncher in quick time.

No nanners here...just was budding and then we didn't get light for 13 days and it got coated in 1/4 inch of ash over 3-4 days.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mocking birds are a really solid pest control, but they will also eat all your tomatoes.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Getting some decent flopping branches now. I didn't notice much of a size difference, but the MOAB is doing its thing. The Tahoe are leaning completely up against their cages like drunken sloppy sailors and had a Slurpee Syrup branch bent over backwards almost touching the ground. No breakage, so that's good.

20200922_181357.jpg

20200922_181341.jpg

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
This is my last day of feeding, then it's just flushing for the next week with worm tea, then the following week flushing with just water. The MOAB has been doing its work. I'm balancing the tight rope trying to just push the plants far enough where I know I'm giving them the maximum amount of nutrients without burning them. The leaf tips tell the tale. Got them just barely burning and everything else is in great shape.
The last few weeks I've been just shooting my favorite phenos of each strain. This week I thought I'd just take shots of the ones I haven't been posting.

SC1.JPG
Snow ConeSC2.JPG
Snow Cone

SC3.JPG
Snow Cone

Extra dense nugs on both of these. These aren't greasy, they are more gritty, like when you rub a bud and rub your fingers together, the trichs are almost a sand like consistency. The smell is a little bit sweet, dirty socks, skunk, and pine. Both are consistent in structure and smell, just the other pheno is ever so slightly more photogenic. Even though this is a cross that is 50% Tahoe, I'm not getting any Tahoe out of the smells.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
SS1.JPG
Slurpee Syrup

SS2.JPG
Slurpee Syrup

SS3.JPG
Slurpee Syrup

I feel sorry for anyone who purchased this strain thinking that it would be sweet due to its name. The smells are 90% OG #18 and then there is an added boost of kerosene. Just like the Snow Cone, both of my phenos are consistent with one being slightly more photogenic. When you rub a bud, this thing leaves an oil slick on your fingers. Super greasy.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
TOG1.JPG
Tahoe

TOG2.JPG
TahoeTOG3.JPG
Tahoe

This pheno isn't straight lemon pledge smelling. There is something slightly sweet that you get up front and the lemon pledge is more in the background. The nugs aren't as dense as the other pheno either.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The boat needs to be in my driveway by 5pm PST. You have less than 2 hours to comply.
Gonna need some more plants for that trade. I'm confident we can work something out though. Flood your driveway and we can do donuts in the boat while in your driveway.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Gonna need some more plants for that trade. I'm confident we can work something out though. Flood your driveway and we can do donuts in the boat while in your driveway.
It seems we are close on a deal, however there are certain issues that need to be worked out. First thing's firsrt, give me the boat.

M

member 3289

Only 2/10 of my miracle fruit survived to full size. Most others fell off the tree when there were small fruits but one fell at about half size. That was disappointing but I can't wait to change the pot and give this plant more room to grow

20200926_100124.jpg

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I just lost hundreds of heirloom tomatoes to late blight.
I'm devastated.
I put in so much time & money, for nothing.