Garden Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
What is garden tone?
It's an organic all purpose fertilizer that you can find at all big box stores. Really good stuff.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's an organic all purpose fertilizer that you can find at all big box stores. Really good stuff.
Nice, that looks legit...havent' seen it here

I use this one each year when I turn my beds(we have 15 raised beds)
Bio-fish 7-7-2 50lb | Down to Earth Distributors Inc.
and tailor the soil ph and other nutrients as needed

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What does it cost? Do you use azomite as well?
Shit is expensive
97.99 for a 50 lb bag, went up a lot the last two years thanks brandon

I grew using it and get it at the down to earth store

It really kicks ass, I think I add about 3-4 lbs per 10 square feet or so to my beds as I turn them before planting, I use other things as well but that is my base recipe for a giant garden in my area if you ahave full day of sun.

Cost is acceptable to us because the produce yield and quality is really amazing in our small garden

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Do you use azomite as well?
I have not

I use all types of stuff

Chicken shit from the chickens

Bone Meal

Coffee Grinds

Calcium Carbonate powder waterings for peppers and tomatoes

Compost and enriched soil

Lots of other things as well, just can't think of them right now, watching Dern look all hot being in shape right now

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have not

I use all types of stuff

Chicken shit from the chickens

Bone Meal

Coffee Grinds

Calcium Carbonate powder waterings for peppers and tomatoes

Compost and enriched soil

Lots of other things as well, just can't think of them right now, watching Dern look all hot being in shame right now
It's expensive but really amazing stuff.

This event had nothing I cared about, plus it was an early start time, so I'm not watching.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Shit is expensive
97.99 for a 50 lb bag, went up a lot the last two years thanks brandon

I grew using it and get it at the down to earth store

It really kicks ass, I think I add about 3-4 lbs per 10 square feet or so to my beds as I turn them before planting, I use other things as well but that is my base recipe for a giant garden in my area if you ahave full day of sun.

Cost is acceptable to us because the produce yield and quality is really amazing in our small garden
That's double what garden tone is, but when something works, it just works, so I understand sticking with it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's expensive but really amazing stuff.

This event had nothing I cared about, plus it was an early start time, so I'm not watching.
I just planted a garden for a Vet that I know is waiting on a prosthetic, he can't garden again yet so I planted a nice garden for him and threw out a drip line to water every other day. I planted his garden like I would my own. Pepper bed, Tomato bed, Eggplant/squash bed, Asparagus/Bean bed(Only has 4 raised beds )

Just got home and caught the last 3.5 fights because I needed to get out of the sun.

Buckley KOed a guy nasty then dropped a N bomb for awkward live TV

Dern looked as hot as she ever has(not talking face), body is crazy now...just beat the crap out of Hill, actually brutal and as violent as chicks get...I like her

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I just planted a garden for a Vet that I know is waiting on a prosthetic, he can't garden again yet so I planted a nice garden for him and threw out a drip line to water every other day. I planted his garden like I would my own. Pepper bed, Tomato bed, Eggplant/squash bed, Asparagus/Bean bed(Only has 4 raised beds )

Just got home and caught the last 3.5 fights because I needed to get out of the sun.

Buckley KOed a guy nasty then dropped a N bomb for awkward live TV

Dern looked as hot as she ever has(not talking face), body is crazy now...just beat the crap out of Hill, actually brutal and as violent as chicks get...I like her
I wish I knew about irrigation. I'd like to set my mom up on drip tape. I decked out her small space with whiskey barrel planters for mother's day last year, but she knows nothing about gardening, so everything just gets neglected. Her gardener knows fuckall about edible gardens, so he's zero help.

I can't take Dern seriously because of her identity crisis and those gums. I'm a hater.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wish I knew about irrigation. I'd like to set my mom up on drip tape. I decked out her small space with whiskey barrel planters for mother's day last year, but she knows nothing about gardening, so everything just gets neglected. Her gardener knows fuckall about edible gardens, so he's zero help.

I can't take Dern seriously because of her identity crisis and those gums. I'm a hater.
I know a ton a bout drip set ups, I have set up all types of drip for grows and gardens and bamboo pots. Messing with irrigation for friends and grows has been a summertime hobby for many years, mostly for my own use, but I have worked on some large set ups commercial residential. I know some if you wanna shoot the shit on that topic someday.

I like big teeth and smiles and darn has that rare super athletic but still boobs n butt body so I do enjoy her a bit, I get it though.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I know a ton a bout drip set ups, I have set up all types of drip for grows and gardens and bamboo pots. Messing with irrigation for friends and grows has been a summertime hobby for many years, mostly for my own use, but I have worked on some large set ups commercial residential. I know some if you wanna shoot the shit on that topic someday.

I like big teeth and smiles and darn has that rare super athletic but still boobs n butt body so I do enjoy her a bit, I get it though.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm a visual learner. Maybe one day I'll watch some videos on it and figure it out. I did that a few weeks back with a plumbing issue and despite being nervous about it, it actually turned out fine.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I appreciate the offer, but I'm a visual learner. Maybe one day I'll watch some videos on it and figure it out. I did that a few weeks back with a plumbing issue and despite being nervous about it, it actually turned out fine.
yep, my first advice was gonna be

Just fuck around with it, and find out...quick learning curve and it is rather easy to set up

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fucking cheap android phone won't send pictures to anything

Sorry guys, even when I actually try to share images of stuff I can't figure it out and my equipment is shitty/broke/gay.

U will have to Trust me, the urban garden is kicking
9 beds planted and the vines on a fence are about to go off with berries
Fig tree looks loaded and the blueberry bushes are as healthy as Ostovich's tookiss

I probably have to dig up the 10+ year old iPad and photo with that

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Nice

I'm trying to get some pictures of some of my stuff from phone to desktop right now

We have chesterberries, Logan berries, marionberries, blueberries and probably some other type

Can't figure out how to get images to desktop to post them...this is me with technology

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWhugUmV5U
I'm limited in zone 10b for what types of berries I can grow. None of my blackberry or my one raspberry plants are recommended for my zone. Last year I barely got anything, but those were second year plants on first year canes. I'd get like 2 or 3 berries at a time. I'm ecstatic that I'll actually have some berries this year that aren't strawberries.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm limited in zone 10b for what types of berries I can grow. None of my blackberry or my one raspberry plants are recommended for my zone. Last year I barely got anything, but those were second year plants on first year canes. I'd get like 2 or 3 berries at a time. I'm ecstatic that I'll actually have some berries this year that aren't strawberries.
too hot or something? not enough cold?

They take over the forests up here

I can't think of a reason they wouldn't flourish there

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
too hot or something?

They take over the forests up here
I don't know that it's necessarily too hot, it may be just warmer weather year round. Black Magic is one of my varieties and it says it is just fine in 100 degree weather, so maybe it's that my zone doesn't have the recommended chill hours? Fuck if I know.

I have two of the Baby Cakes and it's pretty obvious I hacked too much of off when I gave them their haircut. Last year they didn't even produce a single fruit for me, but this year despite being so small, they are throwing out decent fruit for their size.

This is my lone raspberry and it produced better than everything else last year, but still only like 5 berries per picking. I cut the fuck out of this one when I gave it a winter haircut and now is a legit bush. Big hopes for it this year because it tastes so awesome.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know that it's necessarily too hot, it may be just warmer weather year round. Black Magic is one of my varieties and it says it is just fine in 100 degree weather, so maybe it's that my zone doesn't have the recommended chill hours? Fuck if I know.

I have two of the Baby Cakes and it's pretty obvious I hacked too much of off when I gave them their haircut. Last year they didn't even produce a single fruit for me, but this year despite being so small, they are throwing out decent fruit for their size.

This is my lone raspberry and it produced better than everything else last year, but still only like 5 berries per picking. I cut the fuck out of this one when I gave it a winter haircut and now is a legit bush. Big hopes for it this year because it tastes so awesome.
Nice

Blackberries grow on last years vine, Bi-annual.
"This means that the canes grow vegetatively for a year, bear fruit the next year, and then die. However, every year the plant sends up new canes to replace those that died!"

My Loganberries, Marion berries(type of blackberry), and Chester berries are bi-annual as well. So if you kept a 10 foot vine that grew last year you could have 10 feet of berries.

Took us a few years to figure this out, we would trim it back each year and barely get anything. Now we train a the long ass vines along a hog fence panel each winter and cut back what just produced berries...it is a cycle of berries if manage properly. So we have this panels all over our front yard with different berries
1684720541530.png
if you fill the above fence with last years vines you end up with this
1684720994051.png
More of last years growth left and trained on something = more berries this year

I'm pretty sure you could have an entire fence of them if you wanted, can also make as many starts as you want. Last years runner will end up finding soil and rooting to start another plant if you let it...we give away dozens of starts/plants each year.

Wish I could share pictures lol

Same goes for Raspberries, last years growth is this years berries

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Nice

Blackberries grow on last years vine, Bi-annual.
"This means that the canes grow vegetatively for a year, bear fruit the next year, and then die. However, every year the plant sends up new canes to replace those that died!"

My Loganberries, Marion berries(type of blackberry), and Chester berries are bi-annual as well. So if you kept a 10 foot vine that grew last year you could have 10 feet of berries.

Took us a few years to figure this out, we would trim it back each year and barely get anything. Now we train a the long ass vines along a hog fence panel each winter and cut back what just produced berries...it is a cycle of berries if manage properly. So we have this panels all over our front yard with different berries
View attachment 86220
More of last years growth left and trained on something = more berries this year

I'm pretty sure you could have an entire fence of them if you wanted, can also make as many starts as you want. Last years runner will end up finding soil and rooting to start another plant if you let it...we give away dozens of starts/plants each year.

Wish I could share pictures lol
I've read about the 1 year, 2 year cane thing, but last year was the first year I've attempted to grow blackberries, so I don't know much. I've got them in 15 gallon pots.