Gordon Ryan slaps Andre Galvao?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sounded like he slapped him again at the end too. Two unanswered? Ryan likely submits him but you can't get slapped twice like that and do nothing.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sounded like he slapped him again at the end too. Two unanswered? Ryan likely submits him but you can't get slapped twice like that and do nothing.
I only let my friends or chicks slap me. Anyone else does it, my piss would boil real quick and it's time for kung fu

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
according to my source, that off-camera sound was a clap/fake slap at Andre from King Ryan, PBUH.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I think Galvao should learn from Flavio Almeida and just take him straight to court. Ralph now has a record (debatably decades overdue) and Flavio has new teeth. Galvao could easily set the example that BJJ isn't about street assault so you can win goofy medals.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I think Galvao should learn from Flavio Almeida and just take him straight to court. Ralph now has a record (debatably decades overdue) and Flavio has new teeth. Galvao could easily set the example that BJJ isn't about street assault so you can win goofy medals.
i agree, but Andre was born in Sao Paulo so that's not really an option. :)

this action by Gordon raised his standing amongst a certain group of people, and lowered Andre's with that same group. There's no undoing that. Andre should let Gordon have that demographic, they buy ADCC and FloWrestling events, but Andre needs to go the way of Marcelo/Cobrinha/Ryron etc...guys that have passed their competitive prime and are running a school.

He should be very upfront about why he's not competing anymore, and he should just state that "look, Gordon's a great player, and the betting odds would be in his favor. But if I'm going to come back and risk my reputation and put my body through a physical regiment to compete, it's going to cost a lot of money. When Gordon can afford to challenge me, I'll accept his challenge."

even better would be to start pumping matches between his team and other DDS guys, like Craig Jones.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
i agree, but Andre was born in Sao Paulo so that's not really an option. :)

this action by Gordon raised his standing amongst a certain group of people, and lowered Andre's with that same group. There's no undoing that. Andre should let Gordon have that demographic, they buy ADCC and FloWrestling events, but Andre needs to go the way of Marcelo/Cobrinha/Ryron etc...guys that have passed their competitive prime and are running a school.

He should be very upfront about why he's not competing anymore, and he should just state that "look, Gordon's a great player, and the betting odds would be in his favor. But if I'm going to come back and risk my reputation and put my body through a physical regiment to compete, it's going to cost a lot of money. When Gordon can afford to challenge me, I'll accept his challenge."

even better would be to start pumping matches between his team and other DDS guys, like Craig Jones.
Gordon is a meathead moron. Galvao is pretty much the same. Let's not pretend these guys are diplomats. You smack a grown man in public you either get dealt with or end up in court. Andre is clearly not about that life so he can get Gordon to pay him a million dollars for "pain and suffering." As of now he looks like Nicky after her run in with Cardi at the met gala.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
in the post slap instagram video , who was that guy in the beenie hat ? that guy looked looked serious

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Gordon is a meathead moron. Galvao is pretty much the same. Let's not pretend these guys are diplomats. You smack a grown man in public you either get dealt with or end up in court. Andre is clearly not about that life so he can get Gordon to pay him a million dollars for "pain and suffering." As of now he looks like Nicky after her run in with Cardi at the met gala.
i agree that neither is a shining example of humanity, I'd rather hang out all day with Keenan or Eddie Cummings than Andre or Gordon.
But where Gordon is at right now is where Andre was at 5 years ago. BJJ Elite has short shelf life.

that being said, can you imagine if Royler had slapped Eddie, or vice versa, when they were trying to get paid for their rematch?
Neither would do that, but neither would abide that shit either.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i agree that neither is a shining example of humanity, I'd rather hang out all day with Keenan or Eddie Cummings than Andre or Gordon.
But where Gordon is at right now is where Andre was at 5 years ago. BJJ Elite has short shelf life.

that being said, can you imagine if Royler had slapped Eddie, or vice versa, when they were trying to get paid for their rematch?
Neither would do that, but neither would abide that shit either.
Keenan's from the team of women beaters and rapists, bro.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't remember this story, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
i wrote a bio on Helio for that othersite, there was a submission wrestler that Helio and Carlos assaulted at a tennis club, beat the shit out of him with the cashbox. They were sentenced to pretty stiff time, but Carlos was teaching the head of Brazil's banking commission, and both of their sentences were commuted to a few months...basically time-served.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i wrote a bio on Helio for that othersite, there was a submission wrestler that Helio and Carlos assaulted at a tennis club, beat the shit out of him with the cashbox. They were sentenced to pretty stiff time, but Carlos was teaching a the head of Brazil's banking commission, and both of their sentences were commuted to a few months...basically time-served.
I was being serious. The story sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember it specifically.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
he left that team as soon as he saw the video.
Called his dad, packed up his shit and left that night.
At least one poster in the other thread said "They should have known long before that happened."

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I was being serious. The story sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember it specifically.
it was Rufinho. He had a match with Carlos, and it got pretty dirty. Carlos dove out of the ring to avoid a submission, then Carlos snatched up a guillotine on the restart. Carlos claimed Rufinho tapped, Rufinho said Nah...judges said they had to restart, but Carlos refused.

after some shit-talk in the newspaper, Carlos, Helio, and at least one other person showed up at Rufinho's club where (IIRC) he was teaching. They jumped him and beat him unconscious with a steel cashbox, then Carlos put on a shoulder lock and completely tore out Rufinho's should - required surgery.

classy folks.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
it was Rufinho. He had a match with Carlos, and it got pretty dirty. Carlos dove out of the ring to avoid a submission, then Carlos snatched up a guillotine on the restart. Carlos claimed Rufinho tapped, Rufinho said Nah...judges said they had to restart, but Carlos refused.

after some shit-talk in the newspaper, Carlos, Helio, and at least one other person showed up at Rufinho's club where (IIRC) he was teaching. They jumped him and beat him unconscious with a steel cashbox, then Carlos put on a shoulder lock and completely tore out Rufinho's should - required surgery.

classy folks.
How dare Gordon Ryan slap someone and disrespect their tradition.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
it's tough to know who knew what when. I think some of the people there, like Keenan or Fowler, weren't subjected to the full spectrum of abuse.
Don't know. I'm generally willing to give people benefit of the doubt unless something really, really doesn't add up.