Listen Great Country Narrations and Truck Driving Songs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Grateful Dude @GratefulGiarc have you ever heard that record with Gram Parsons singing lead on all the tracks? This was the way the original recording sounded before they decided to have McGuinn sing most of the songs. I could only find one side of the record on youtube, but here it is anyway.

View: https://youtu.be/f_Dc4by2zw0
I had not heard that before. Very cool, thanks for sharing that!

I'm going to give that another couple listens this morning.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I can't say I ever did care for rap before but I have to admit that's pretty catchy, my toe was definitely tapping there. I just couldn't but help myself.

I didn't care for the way he disparages the womenfolk though, somebody just needs to wash his mouth out with soap. Teach him some respect and he's going to be fine imo.

You might like this one, what do you think?

View: https://youtu.be/4rcd4Yfo0q0
Jonathan Richman isn't someone I listen to a great deal anymore, but I am pretty familiar with his albums. Growing up I had an uncle that liked to turn me on to music I had never explored yet, so every birthday or christmas I would get either a Jonathan Richman, Frank Zappa, or Talking Heads album. Good times. Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti album was perhaps a bit inappropriate for a 12 year old :D

Jonathan Richman isn't someone I listen to a great deal anymore, but I am pretty familiar with his albums. Growing up I had an uncle that liked to turn me on to music I had never explored yet, so every birthday or christmas I would get either a Jonathan Richman, Frank Zappa, or Talking Heads album. Good times. Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti album was perhaps a bit inappropriate for a 12 year old :D

Hey there man I'm Bobby Brown

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Hey there man I'm Bobby Brown
That is a fun album, and that song is one of the highlights. That and "Broken Hearts are for Assholes"

I'm gonna ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute

Corn hole
Ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Fist fuck

Ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Wrist-watch; Crisco
Ram it, ram it, ram it

Ram it up yer poop chute
Pud!

Lol

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Jonathan's country album is a non stop laugh fest Grateful Dude @GratefulGiarc @Miesha's Taint :)

View: https://youtu.be/ysaBHTwazjk

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The rather eccentric Chad Morgan is another singer who puts an Australian spin on the Trucking song.

And the country narration.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You do hear that that old timey US hillbilly influence in it, as well as the traditional British folk sound you mention. It's interesting.

That track above from the 30s is amazing. What a great yodeling tune.

Kind of a Bob Wills western swing sound in the second selection. Beautiful. I think I just became a Tex Morton fan.:)