GSP is interesting in fighting Khabib-Conor winner

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think you'd definitely see him fight Khabib. He doesn't really have anything to fear with Khabib IMO. He's not going to get outwrestled, he's not going to get outstruck.

Dro Cop

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
I think you'd definitely see him fight Khabib. He doesn't really have anything to fear with Khabib IMO. He's not going to get outwrestled, he's not going to get outstruck.
He only wants big fights with opponents that draw. Not sure if Khabib counts as that - even with a win over McGregor.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Sorry, with a division like that, GSP should not be able to cut the line. Idgaf. We are waiting and waiting for some of these fights to happen at lightweight. I have zero interest in GSP taking another belt and vacating it.

He can say whatever he wants about being ill at 185. Bottom line is, right after Bisping he said after getting hit like that, he didn't want to do that again. He made it pretty clear afterwards also that he did not want to face Robert Whittaker. And after he cuts all the way to 155, I can just imagine him saying the same thing, about the weight cut though.

Zero interest. I would much rather see Max get to go up and cut the line. 145 and 155 have great fighters I've been waiting to see fight. I know this is a selfish sport, but GSP is really being selfish here.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
True. But him becoming the first 3 division champ would be DOPE
It would be, if the belt and who gets to fight for it were regulated more. It's not like everyone gets the same fair shot to fight for a belt (except maybe in the flyweight divisions right now), so it's not like it's as great of an accomplishment as they market it to be.

Idk. I don't care about gsp's legacy or whatever. Conor is going to ko Khabib and get the belt back, and then hold everything up again. If he were going to fight gsp, I'd rather it be for the inaugural 162 belt before the khabib fight, or something like that. I want to see fights with Tony, Lee, Iaquinta, Poirier, etc. more than I want to see lightweight held up again.

Sorry I'm rambling. Still upset that "1-2-3 Cejudo!" won the fight.

It would be, if the belt and who gets to fight for it were regulated more. It's not like everyone gets the same fair shot to fight for a belt (except maybe in the flyweight divisions right now), so it's not like it's as great of an accomplishment as they market it to be.

Idk. I don't care about gsp's legacy or whatever. Conor is going to ko Khabib and get the belt back, and then hold everything up again. If he were going to fight gsp, I'd rather it be for the inaugural 162 belt before the khabib fight, or something like that. I want to see fights with Tony, Lee, Iaquinta, Poirier, etc. more than I want to see lightweight held up again.

Sorry I'm rambling. Still upset that "1-2-3 Cejudo!" won the fight.
What if it weren't a title fight?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
What if it weren't a title fight?
Fine then, as long as a belt isn't being kept from others at the time. Now that we know the interim beltholders aren't getting the cheese, I feel more strongly about not holding up divisions.

Fine then, as long as a belt isn't being kept from others at the time. Now that we know the interim beltholders aren't getting the cheese, I feel more strongly about not holding up divisions.
Fair enough. The UFC has diluted the value of their belts over time so I can't be fucked about whose belt it is at this stage.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I would like to see GSP face the Khabib/McGregor winner as his second to last fight. If he loses, no big deal. If he wins, he vacates the belt immediately and the UFC can promote the most epic LW tournament ever.
Finally do GSP/Anderson for his retirement fight regardless of what happens against Conor/Khabib.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Conor vs. GSP at a catchweight is smarter than Conor/Nate 3 and more lucrative than the other options.

Anyone know how many fights Conor has left on his contract?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I say do it up. Tony is injured and Poirier is fighting Diaz which he may well lose. Khabib or Conor may pull out for one reason or another which could expedite a GSP LW shot.

Belts don't mean much anymore and if anyone is worthy of jumping line it would be George's

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
GSP eats both guys' lunch:
  • Conor gets wrestle-fucked and possibly GnP'd out.
  • Khabib (as stated on another thread) gets Koschecked but probably TKO'd since Georges has nothing to worry about re: punching power with Khabib unlike with Kos who he needed to keep away from.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Since there are no tourneys determining "who's next?" or who the champ is and contendership is determined by ridiculous rankings then I am fine with GSP "jumping the line". He has accomplished 1000 times more in this sport than any of these mofos so........

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Mr "Can't stay healthy enough to make the walk" jump people for a title fight?

I believe Max's health problem happened after he tried to cut weight on short notice for the Khabib fight, but you're right. As of now, he became what Khabib used to be... unreliable to show up and fight