GSP: It’s ‘sad,’ Diaz would’ve been a ‘nightmare’ for Woodley

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Tyron has 6 first round KOs, three in the UFC. They came from that right hand, so no, no fluke.
1) Level of competition matter. 2) He's got 3 or 4 career depending on where you're taking your info from: Lawler, Koscheck, Hieron, Galvao (depending on where you look)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1) Level of competition matter. 2) He's got 3 or 4 career depending on where you're taking your info from: Lawler, Koscheck, Hieron, Galvao (depending on where you look)
I'll go low end of your evaluation. If you have done something three times it's no longer a fluke.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'll go low end of your evaluation. If you have done something three times it's no longer a fluke.
Well, the Hieron KO was a result of ground and pound and the Kos KO a right hook thrown as a counter. The Lawler KO was actually the only one that was a result of a deliberate setup.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Me: it was a fluke.
You: He did it 6 times.
Me: No, he didn't.
You: Okay, he did it 3 times.
Me: No, he did 3 different things.
You: *Insert GIF*
Don't confuse me saying I'd take your evaluation as gospel. That's me comprising to keep the conversation going forward to avoid pages of debating off topic.

Actually you when I questioned your fluke claim.

1 His flukey KO of Lawler

2 I didn't say him hitting him was a fluke, I said the KO was a fluke.

I bring up he's done it 6 times, 3 in the UFC.

3) Level of competition matter. 2) He's got 3 or 4 career depending on where you're taking your info from

You now acknowledge he's done it multiple times but it's a really only three or four and its because of weak competition. This is to counter me saying that if you've done something three times it's not a fluke. You then briefly recall the who's and how's of the three knocks that all happened in the first round.

4 No, he did 3 different things.

Lol. Ok then. Tyron doesn't have multiple first round knock outs which would prove that it's not flukey because it was against three different guys and not in the exact sequence of events leading to that point even though they were all knock outs in the first round.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Don't confuse me saying I'd take your evaluation as gospel. That's me comprising to keep the conversation going forward to avoid pages of debating off topic.

Actually you when I questioned your fluke claim.

1 His flukey KO of Lawler

2 I didn't say him hitting him was a fluke, I said the KO was a fluke.

I bring up he's done it 6 times, 3 in the UFC.

3) Level of competition matter. 2) He's got 3 or 4 career depending on where you're taking your info from

You now acknowledge he's done it multiple times but it's a really only three or four and its because of weak competition. This is to counter me saying that if you've done something three times it's not a fluke. You then briefly recall the who's and how's of the three knocks that all happened in the first round.

4 No, he did 3 different things.

Lol. Ok then. Tyron doesn't have multiple first round knock outs which would prove that it's not flukey because it was against three different guys and not in the exact sequence of events leading to that point even though they were all knock outs in the first round.
You don't seem to be following. To me, when someone does something that seems unlikely to have occurred in the first place, that would be a fluke. Tyron setting up a nice right straight once in his career doesn't strike me as a pattern of behavior. Submitting someone or boring us all to a decision, not that's something I expect out of our old buddy Tyron. Now, if you expect Tyron (19 wins, only 3 of them by striking stoppage) to bring hot fire every fight that's cool, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You don't seem to be following. To me, when someone does something that seems unlikely to have occurred in the first place, that would be a fluke. Tyron setting up a nice right straight once in his career doesn't strike me as a pattern of behavior. Submitting someone or boring us all to a decision, not that's something I expect out of our old buddy Tyron. Now, if you expect Tyron (19 wins, only 3 of them by striking stoppage) to bring hot fire every fight that's cool, but we'll have to agree to disagree.
Earlier your position was the fluke wasn't Tyron hitting him but getting the KO was. Now it's Tyrons nice right hand was the fluke because he's never done it before.

Lawler has been blasted with straight rights (or lefts) multiple times. Normally it doesn't result in a first round KO, so yes, fluke. I didn't say him hitting him was a fluke, I said the KO was a fluke.
Looking at Tapology.com he has the following KOs from punches in the first.

Lawler
Kim
Koscheck
Hieron
Galvao

6 KOs
6 Subs
7 Dec

I'm not trying to sell anyone that Woodley brings hot fire. Just don't be surprised if he knocks somebody out in the first.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Earlier your position was the fluke wasn't Tyron hitting him but getting the KO was. Now it's Tyrons nice right hand was the fluke because he's never done it before.
Those are the same position. I honestly don't know why you're trolling for an argument I have no interest in partaking in.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
His flukey KO of Lawler lead to 3 painful bad decision wins and then a mauling of a guy who had no business in a title fight. It's also kind of laughable that you're pretending he deliberately injured Condit's knee.
Flukey KO? how so? Woodley was already known to have KO power before that fight.

3 bad decisions? you saying THompson and Maia won those fights?
2nd one was pretty even without anything significant happening but the first fight Thompson almost got finished and was in big trouble, Thompson didn't do shit to Woodley. Not to mention Thompson was this dangerous striker no one can figure out the puzzle at the time.

Nobody wanted to go to ground with Maia at the time, Woodley was successfully able to stuffs 21(what other fight had someone stuff 21 takedowns?) of Maia's takedown and it's bullshit Woodley gets all the heat for a boring ass fight, it takes two to tango. If you're saying that Woodley could have taken more risks to finish Maia, then why don't GSP get any criticism for taking Nick Diaz down and laying on him at the last round when GSP was clearly up in the scorecards?

I ain't pretending, whatever Woodley did in that fight caused Condit's knee injury which Condit wasn't same after, so he did end his career what are you talking about pretending and deliberate intent ??

Mauled Till, Sure, the UFC hyped him up but I don't know who else was a contender at the time. Regardless, Woodley mauled his ass.

I don't think you're really presenting your case well of Woodley being overrated.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
3 bad decisions? you saying THompson and Maia won those fights?
I misspoke, boring was what I meant. Even then, not even Woodley thought he won that first Thompson fight, lol.

I ain't pretending, whatever Woodley did in that fight caused Condit's knee injury which Condit wasn't same after, so he did end his career what are you talking about pretending and deliberate intent ??
Well, Condit still fought after that so he certainly didn't end his career but I understand what you mean. That being said, you're ascribing a level of intent, where everyone knows it was a freak coincidence. There's a decent chance Thiago Santos will never be the same after destroying his knee in the Jones fight, would you also credit Jones with "ending his career"?

I don't think you're really presenting your case well of Woodley being overrated.
Because there's nothing anyone could say to you to convince you otherwise.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Those are the same position. I honestly don't know why you're trolling for an argument I have no interest in partaking in.
Not trolling for an argument at all. These are your words when I asked how the KO was flukey.

Lawler has been blasted with straight rights (or lefts) multiple times. Normally it doesn't result in a first round KO, so yes, fluke. I didn't say him hitting him was a fluke, I said the KO was a fluke.

Why would you give me clarity on your position about what part of the KO you were referring to if it's the same position?
One post it sounds like you were surprised because Robbie went out then in another it's how Tyron is boring and unlikely to do so.

Flukes are things that are unlikely or dependant on luck. I listed five first round KOs for Woodley, not sure how the fifth could be considered a fluke. And we're creeping up on two pages, admit it your heavily interested.

M

member 3289

First the car insurance argument, now the Woodley fluke argument.

JonJonesBeard just keeps getting pwnt

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not trolling for an argument at all. These are your words when I asked how the KO was flukey.

Why would you give me clarity on your position about what part of the KO you were referring to if it's the same position?
One post it sounds like you were surprised because Robbie went out then in another it's how Tyron is boring and unlikely to do so.

Flukes are things that are unlikely or dependant on luck. I listed five first round KOs for Woodley, not sure how the fifth could be considered a fluke. And we're creeping up on two pages, admit it your heavily interested.
Okay, here we go.

In Tyron's career, he has 3 first round KO's. Not 5, not 6, 3. One of them was Lawler. One of them was a ground and pound KO, the other was a backing into the fence counter punch. Given his typical fighting style, neither the GNP or backing into the fence surprise me in the least, but ultimately the vast majority of his wins comes via submission or decision. Pressing forward and throwing combinations? Alternatively, Robbie had been stopped with strikes in the first round 0 times going into their fight.

So keeping all those things in mind, would you say that Robbie being KO'ed by a forward pressing, combo throwing Woodley is likely, or unlikely to have been the outcome of that fight?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
you're ascribing a level of intent, where everyone knows it was a freak coincidence. There's a decent chance Thiago Santos will never be the same after destroying his knee in the Jones fight, would you also credit Jones with "ending his career"?
objectively speaking that's what happened, Woodley's actions made Condit injure that knee, that didn't happen because Condit was just standing around. Ending Condit's career in this case, career meaning the prime of their career, (good days that was the end of his contender momentum) which is true, after that Woodley fight, Condit was not the same, is on decline.

If Santos's doesn't progress and start going downhill because of injury to that knee, you could call it that Jones ended Santo's career.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
objectively speaking that's what happened, Woodley's actions made Condit injure that knee, that didn't happen because Condit was just standing around. Ending Condit's career in this case, career meaning the prime of their career, (good days that was the end of his contender momentum) which is true, after that Woodley fight, Condit was not the same, is on decline.
You should probably look at Condit's career arc a little closer.

If Santos's doesn't progress and start going downhill because of injury to that knee, you could call it that Jones ended Santo's career.
I'd have to agree to disagree. Was Tony Ferguson's knee injury caused by Khabib?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Okay, here we go.

In Tyron's career, he has 3 first round KO's. Not 5, not 6, 3. One of them was Lawler. One of them was a ground and pound KO, the other was a backing into the fence counter punch. Given his typical fighting style, neither the GNP or backing into the fence surprise me in the least, but ultimately the vast majority of his wins comes via submission or decision. Pressing forward and throwing combinations? Alternatively, Robbie had been stopped with strikes in the first round 0 times going into their fight.

So keeping all those things in mind, would you say that Robbie being KO'ed by a forward pressing, combo throwing Woodley is likely, or unlikely to have been the outcome of that fight?
Even by your criteria no, what Tyron did isn't a fluke. Main reason being is he did it twice before using your mertic. As I pointed out earlier once you do something three times it's no longer a fluke, hell call it twice. I'm seeing a guy who has finished five guys in the first round via KO. And yes I include TKO as a KO if that's the disconnect in the three vs five here.

Lawler. Right hand followed by a swarming of more rights that gets the ref stoppage.

Kim. Right hand lands at end of spinning shit followed by swarming to get ref stoppage.

Koscheck. Right hook lands followed by more rights to get the ref stoppage.

Hieron. Right hand lands followed up with a swarming to get ref stoppage.

Galvao. Right hand lands that finally keeps him down before he follows up then gets the refs stoppage.

When keeping all that in mind (minus the Lawler example of course assuming we didn't know the outcome in question) no. I don't see any possible way somebody could have knowledge of that background and still watch Lawler go down and think it's a fluke. If you want to split hairs and seperate TKO/KO even after watching those clips fine. ESPN, UFC, Sherdog, Wiki, Tapology and other sites all list them as the one and the same. If someone has seen tape of Woodley coming into a fight and don't think a first round blitz KO is likely then they need a strong coaching staff to get get them up to speed.

but ultimately the vast majority of his wins comes via submission or decision.

No they don't, it's quite a balanced resume. Unless you're comparing two categories against one of course but that would be silly.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Even by your criteria no, what Tyron did isn't a fluke. Main reason being is he did it twice before using your mertic. As I pointed out earlier once you do something three times it's no longer a fluke, hell call it twice. I'm seeing a guy who has finished five guys in the first round via KO. And yes I include TKO as a KO if that's the disconnect in the three vs five here.

Lawler. Right hand followed by a swarming of more rights that gets the ref stoppage.

Kim. Right hand lands at end of spinning shit followed by swarming to get ref stoppage.

Koscheck. Right hook lands followed by more rights to get the ref stoppage.

Hieron. Right hand lands followed up with a swarming to get ref stoppage.

Galvao. Right hand lands that finally keeps him down before he follows up then gets the refs stoppage.

When keeping all that in mind (minus the Lawler example of course assuming we didn't know the outcome in question) no. I don't see any possible way somebody could have knowledge of that background and still watch Lawler go down and think it's a fluke. If you want to split hairs and seperate TKO/KO even after watching those clips fine. ESPN, UFC, Sherdog, Wiki, Tapology and other sites all list them as the one and the same. If someone has seen tape of Woodley coming into a fight and don't think a first round blitz KO is likely then they need a strong coaching staff to get get them up to speed.

but ultimately the vast majority of his wins comes via submission or decision.

No they don't, it's quite a balanced resume. Unless you're comparing two categories against one of course but that would be silly.

There's so much wrong with your post, I honestly have no idea where to even begin. Let's start here. Look at the Lawler gif then look at all the others, what difference do you notice?

M

member 3289

There's so much wrong with your post, I honestly have no idea where to even begin. Let's start here. Look at the Lawler gif then look at all the others, what difference do you notice?
You're better than this.

Not much better, but better.