Heroes who sought out power

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Your criticism of his methods are a strawman. He still developed his abilities to be a hero. I answered your question
His methods are not what I'm criticizing. His motives are the problem. But in either case, the two are indistinguishable. Bruce has elevated his personal trauma above all others and used that as a rationale to enforce his own vision of justice upon a whole city (arguably a whole planet at times). He is noble in his values, one could argue, but dangerously fascistic in his ideology for meting out those values.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
His methods are not what I'm criticizing. His motives are the problem. But in either case, the two are indistinguishable. Bruce has elevated his personal trauma above all others and used that as a rationale to enforce his own vision of justice upon a whole city (arguably a whole planet at times). He is noble in his values, one could argue, but dangerously fascistic in his ideology for meting out those values.
So you agree. Job done.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The other hero I thought of who meets the criteria is Falcon but the whole thing with the Snap Wilson retcon by Kirby ruins it.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Bruce deserves that mockery. He has appointed himself an extrajudicial serial assaulter against other victims of trauma who chose a life of crime when he could have devoted his life to preventing crime in far better ways, particularly with his massive wealth in a city so rife with inequality. Batman is a quasi-hero at best.
I will punch you right in the beanbag sir.

P

Punch

To some, the batman is a hero. To others a vigilante. To a few, a villain.

Pepper Russ

Oct 13, 2015
Good and evil at points are highly subjective unless you are dealing with extremes. Batman's main credit is that most of the people are at best worst than him. What is up to debate is his methods. He may have been able to do more good spending his money to help the city and tackle the underlying issues in Gotham city than spending so much on bat equipment and caves.

See

Knight Templar - TV Tropes
Well-Intentioned Extremist - TV Tropes