General Hot Gossip!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not really... Is this some kind of an alternative safe space for MMA enthusiasts?
You sir are the Stephen Hawking of MMA forums. The only person that's ever made that analogy in an attempt to dismiss our site.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Banchan @Banchan tell Yossarian about your last week on Sherdog ;)
I dont even remember.
My last week at OG was very intense. People made threads about me and all these other people posting in it got exposed for some serious stuff. People fighting and getting banned everywhere. I think it may have topped any drama from Sherdog.

Thunderhead

Assman Extraordinaire
Dec 12, 2017
You sir are the Stephen Hawking of MMA forums. The only person that's ever made that analogy in an attempt to dismiss our site.

My bad. I didn't mean to be derisive with that post. But I am genuinely curious as to the origins of this message board.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But I am genuinely curious as to the origins of this message board.
They say two rednecks needed a place to hide their illicit love from their wives. That's what I'm told.

Or some kind of polish money laundering operation.

Thunderhead

Assman Extraordinaire
Dec 12, 2017
They say two rednecks needed a place to hide their illicit love from their wives. That's what I'm told.

Or some kind of polish money laundering operation.
Alright, I'm going to be hanging out here for a while. Got some...skeletons in the closet myself.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Alright, I'm going to be hanging out here for a while. Got some...skeletons in the closet myself.
If you've got skeletons and a dark desire to use grappling questions as a front for your man-love, you've found the right place.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My bad. I didn't mean to be derisive with that post. But I am genuinely curious as to the origins of this message board.
It's all good man. Trust me, Splinty @Splinty and I have heard that exact same analogy a thousand times by people on other forums that think we're somehow invading internet space they feel entitled to or whatever. It's truly some weird shit.

Anyway, the cliff notes of our existence. Splint and I are former members of the three forums mentioned in this thread. We grew tired of a lot of things associated with those forums. Dismissive ownership selling out user experience for click bait, advertising, and whatever else could make them a buck. Culture of toxicity between members w/ fighter bashing thrown in for good measure, when those places preached fostering respect for the sport and community. And the list goes on. So we decided to try to offer MMA fans something different. Our mission statement was treating one another & those that fight for our entertainment decent. The members took it to heart and have built something cool (we think so anyway). People can call it safe place or whatever they want to dismiss our existence. We simply choose to try and not be assholes, because...well, you can get that anywhere. Coming to a place on the internet where people are cool with one another is unique nowadays.

We wanted to be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.