General Hot Tip Thread- Ways to Stretch Your Dollar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Really? How do you possibly find it offensive? As far as I’m aware it’s never been used as a racial slur. Then again I’ve never met a Filipino in North America.
I'm just fucking with you.

I used to buy my wife skate shirts by a company called Flip because I found it funny.

M

member 3289

I find it very strange that you say ‘she is a Japanese’ rather than ‘she’s Japanese’. It is more than likely an idiolect issue and I’m not implying that you meant any disrespect to your wife when referring to her. I would be just as surprised to hear someone say ‘she is a black’ or ‘she is a Portuguese’.
Saying "a Japanese" is common in some American dialects, particularly in the northeast among people middle-aged and older.

It's considered offensive by some Japs.

anon_7832587268

Sep 2, 2015
Hot tips that I actually do-
Reuse your tinfoil and plastic wrap
Use grocery bags, leftover boxes, empty chip bags as garbage bag replacements. You won't go through as many big garbage bags and they are free.

Cut open your toothpaste thing to get the last time bit out.

Rinse your utensils and plates off with hot water right after you eat, no need for soap.

Only shower when you are actually dirty.

Use bar soap, it lasts much longer than that faggo t liquid stuff.

Always shit at work to save money on TP.

Only way your clothes when they are physically dirty or smell.

Only shop at Goodwill type places for clothes.

Only drink tap water

That's a good start for you guys to become more frugal like me

karasu

Jan 11, 2019
*note before reading this. If you don't "keep up with the Jones'" but have a extensive gun collection then you are not being frugal*

#1: The Millionaire Next Door

I didn't read The Millionaire Next Door until I was solidly on the path to financial independence. However, before I read this, I considered us to be the cheap people in our neighborhood. This book helped me to understand that the folks who are buying all the fancy stuff are usually the folks that really don't have any money. The wealthy are generally the folks living frugally and not worrying about trying to keep up with the Joneses and just show off their material crap. It actually gave me comfort to understand that we're on the right path and doing things the right way.-------

I asked 100 millionaires about the books that helped them build wealth, and 7 books kept coming up