General I bought a watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i don't understand wrist watches in the modern day and age.

a pocket watch seems much more functional AND anachronistically hipster.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It is. It's an outdoor/sports watch.

Look, I know this is a delicate topic to some like shoes is to women, but it has everything to qualify as a watch, plus a little bit extra.
It doesn't have the time on it, ffs.

M

member 3289

I know this will shock most of you...but I don't wear a watch. They annoy the fuck out of me.
They're like contact lenses in that you can always feel that they're there and you'd be a lot more comfortable not wearing them.

But less useful than contacts because you don't really need one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Q @Qat - i'm digging the utility of a compass/clock/weather widget in my pocket that doesn't require batteries...are there any pocket-watches in that flavor?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Q @Qat - i'm digging the utility of a compass/clock/weather widget in my pocket that doesn't require batteries...are there any pocket-watches in that flavor?
Like a smartphone huh.

Actually there are pocket smartwaches tho, but I don't know em in detail and what they can do. But I'd guess you'd have to set the trend for the market to react.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Like a smartphone huh.

Actually there are pocket smartwaches tho, but I don't know em in detail and what they can do. But I'd guess you'd have to set the trend for the market to react.
i was trying to stay away from anything that required batteries. I like the utility and dependability of the automatic mechanical watches, thought maybe there was something along those lines...

i didn't mean app-widgets, just multi-function.

I did find some quartz-battery ones that have all the app-widgets that looks pretty cool.
I guess it's a trade-off between forgetting to change the battery and forgetting to wind it every day. :)

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Not a huge watch guy but I like the watch the main character(Josh Brolin) in Hail Ceasar keeps flashing...
tnYee92.pngtumblr_ocy0ddhDe51teygvgo1_400.gifMV5BOTI1M2FlMzItY2VjYS00Y2VkLWI5OTQtMzA0MWMyNmQzZmQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah you do. :smile:

Buy a case before you buy another watch, I reckon. Shame to not have them all lined up in an aesthetically pleasing way.

??
The plan was to get one before we moved. The wife & I were looking at a couple of nice ones. She has a few watches herself. Life gets in the way sometimes ?‍♂
Maybe I'll get one for Xmas or my birthday.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i don't understand wrist watches in the modern day and age.

a pocket watch seems much more functional AND anachronistically hipster.
They're like contact lenses in that you can always feel that they're there and you'd be a lot more comfortable not wearing them.

But less useful than contacts because you don't really need one.

Bees don't spend time telling flies why honey is better than shit.

Also I am cracking up at the two of you finally agreeing on something. Just a matter of time before you kiss.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Bees don't spend time telling flies why honey is better than shit.

Also I am cracking up at the two of you finally agreeing on something. Just a matter of time before you kiss.
i still don't own a pocket watch, and bees communicate with dancing.