General I bought a watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Still wearing the watch every day. Losing about 2 seconds per day, which I think is pretty good. No winding since the day I bought it

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Just an Apple watch for me. Before they were introduced, I had around 10 watches. Most were cheap, but I still liked them. I had a Gucci and Rolex that I bought in the 90's. I can't remember how much I paid for them, but I remember they were very cheap. A shady guy had a briefcase full of them. I knew they were fake, but didn't care. I was a kid and it said Rolex, that was good enough for me.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Just an Apple watch for me. Before they were introduced, I had around 10 watches. Most were cheap, but I still liked them. I had a Gucci and Rolex that I bought in the 90's. I can't remember how much I paid for them, but I remember they were very cheap. A shady guy had a briefcase full of them. I knew they were fake, but didn't care. I was a kid and it said Rolex, that was good enough for me.
I wanted to buy the wife a watch. They had a woman's Rolex datejust but she just wants to keep her Apple watch. So I'm getting her a Lagos bracelet

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
On October 1, 2001 Fossil Inc. acquired the worldwide rights to the Zodiac brand name for approximately $4.7 million for use in connection with watches, clocks and other timekeeping devices.

Still made in Switzerland as far I can tell.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Bulova watches are far from common, down here. I really want to get a blue or black face marine star

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Garmin Instinct purchased about a month ago. So far I’m very happy with it. I’m not using anything like text messages on it but like the compass, alt, baro, HR and so on.

FAB8BF37-C61C-4783-BB48-78D128221CEE.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Nice piece. One thing I dont have is a digital watch in my collection.
I'm shocked by how much I love mine, and how much I use the digital functions for just little things. My favourite 3:

* My current watch face is a Skyrim theme that displays all relevant information, and the backdrop is a series of images of Skyrim locations. But the cool thing is, it reads the weather conditions and gives you a different image depending on conditions outside. Sunny, overcast, morning, night, rainy - all different. I really get a kick out of that, for some reason.

* Fuck , I put my phone down somewhere in the house, where is it? Watch, where's my phone? Ah, thank you.

* When I'm in bed, half asleep with a podcast on, and a bunch of ads come on. I skip ahead 10 seconds at a time with a couple taps on my watch. Don't have to move or look at any phone screen to skip past annoying ads. Actually legit amazing how satisfying that is. :smile:

??

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
It'll be another year or so before I buy another watch but I really want a bronze. I love the Tudor bronze boutique but almost no chance I get the opportunity to buy that retail. The Hamilton field bronze looks like a damn good option for under $900 though

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It'll be another year or so before I buy another watch but I really want a bronze. I love the Tudor bronze boutique but almost no chance I get the opportunity to buy that retail. The Hamilton field bronze looks like a damn good option for under $900 though
It's easy to get into a collectors mindset and never be satisfied. I know guys that limit themselves to one model from each brand, forcing themselves to branch out and have their favorite from each line. Maybe an idea to consider when choosing between those two.