General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
i live in an apartment complex and smile and say hi to everyone bc they are alive. even the sparrows and squirrels. and even the annoying bitch across the way

a couple years ago, she bitched at me for something. i cant even remember ohhhh it was for feeding birds actually. she told me that we arent allowed to feed birds

i said "okay" and walked away. no apology. no fight. but i wasnt willing to waste another second on someone like that

we havent spoken since. but a day or two ago, i heard her come outside and yell at kids for making noise.

they were laughing and shit. just kids being kids. i was working at the time, but in hindsight, their innocent happiness was pleasant background noise i guess

but she came outside and told them to stop. they said okay. but no apologies. im guessing they were shocked and scared bc her delivery was aggressive and she is huge woman. but they did say "okay" in scared voice. then q pause. then she started going off like "you are rude. do you realize that? you are very rude"

i almost freaked out. should i have? or would that make the situation worse

im not even suggesting i beat her unconscious. just words.

if i went out there and told her to "shut the fuck up and leave the awesome kids alone," would that have made the situation better or worse?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just booked this house for 2 nights in March, for my birthday. 12 of us going. Five couples, two singles, no kids. All of us known each other for years and years.

It's about twenty minutes drive from this lake, so rain or shine we're gonna do some fishing.

About an hour away from this badass long skinny lake, which we plan to visit as well.

There's rivers around too.

Place is next to the largest of the world's 13 designated dark sky reserves, so if we get a clear night we'll turn off all the lights in the house and it will be spectacular. We'll get a good view of the Milky Way, apparently. I'm a pessimistic bastard, so I assume it'll rain. Still looking forward to it, though.

??
Awesome
Enjoy

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
i live in an apartment complex and smile and say hi to everyone bc they are alive. even the sparrows and squirrels. and even the annoying bitch across the way

a couple years ago, she bitched at me for something. i cant even remember ohhhh it was for feeding birds actually. she told me that we arent allowed to feed birds

i said "okay" and walked away. no apology. no fight. but i wasnt willing to waste another second on someone like that

we havent spoken since. but a day or two ago, i heard her come outside and yell at kids for making noise.

they were laughing and shit. just kids being kids. i was working at the time, but in hindsight, their innocent happiness was pleasant background noise i guess

but she came outside and told them to stop. they said okay. but no apologies. im guessing they were shocked and scared bc her delivery was aggressive and she is huge woman. but they did say "okay" in scared voice. then q pause. then she started going off like "you are rude. do you realize that? you are very rude"

if i went out there and told her to "shut the fuck up and leave the awesome kids alone," would that have made the situation better or worse?
I probably would have said something, especially if she was speaking like that to my child (which I know is not your case). She sounds like a cunt. Want me to beat her up?

Also, I HIGHLY suggest making friends with any and all crows in your vicinity, including feeding them. It may very well pay off in an altercation with her. I think pigeons also will be protective of those who care for them.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

is everybody masked in these scenarios?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I probably would have said something, especially if she was speaking like that to my child (which I know is not your case). She sounds like a cunt. Want me to beat her up?

Also, I HIGHLY suggest making friends with any and all crows in your vicinity, including feeding them. It may very well pay off in an altercation with her. I think pigeons also will be protective of those who care for them.
i loveee crows. but we have a bunch of common grackles around here most of the time. and they only allow morning doves, sparrows, and woodpeckers

when crows or hawks fly in the area, the grackles swarm them like the psychos they are

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
is everybody masked in these scenarios?
lmao well played

i rememberwd what i was gonna say when i saw red

i was about to run out and tell her that she is a sad woman. and to stop hating on people that are happy

but i controlled myself bc i had a vision of my words being the reason she kills herself

but ahhhhhhh. the kids responses were so scared. and kids can be scarred from situations like that. fuck that woman

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lmao well played

i rememberwd what i was gonna say when i saw red

i was about to run out and tell her that she is a sad woman. and to stop hating on people that are happy

but i controlled myself bc i had a vision of my words being the reason she kills herself

but ahhhhhhh. the kids responses were so scared. and kids can be scarred from situations like that. fuck that woman
I'm not playing

I just have to know what these people in these stories are wearing on their face, I need to know if they are good people.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
i loveee crows. but we have a bunch of common grackles around here most of the time. and they only allow morning doves, sparrows, and woodpeckers

when crows or hawks fly in the area, the grackles swarm them like the psychos they are
I get a lot of boat-tailed grackles at the birdfeeder, but I have had so many pigeons lately.

I was gonna say I bet if I looked down there right now, there would be one... but nope, there is a cardinal on the feeder and a raccoon under it, lol.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I'm not playing

I just have to know what these people in these stories are wearing on their face, I need to know if they are good people.
I don't see how wearing a mask and being a cunt are correlated, but I will let you have your thoughts.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't see how wearing a mask and being a cunt are correlated, but I will let you have your thoughts.
It is a joke

I haven't read his story fully yet

I do want specific descriptions(masking included) if I am to picture the exact scene he is describing

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Just booked this house for 2 nights in March, for my birthday. 12 of us going. Five couples, two singles, no kids. All of us known each other for years and years.

It's about twenty minutes drive from this lake, so rain or shine we're gonna do some fishing.

About an hour away from this badass long skinny lake, which we plan to visit as well.

Place is next to the largest of the world's 13 designated dark sky reserves, so if we get a clear night we'll turn off all the lights in the house and it will be spectacular. We'll get a good view of the Milky Way, apparently. I'm a pessimistic bastard, so I assume it'll rain. Still looking forward to it, though.

??
I'm thinking of taking my family to this nice here hotel. In fact they're gonna pay us to keep the place habitated during the off-season. Check it out:
Overlook_Hotel.jpg

That's it from the outside, kind of the money-shot.

Inside it's got a nice elevator that looks like a friendly face almost.
mqdefault.jpg

It has a nice maze outside, though we'd be there in winter, probably a bit cold to be playing outside and get lost in there. Anyway here is a photo of an exact miniature copy. some guy in the pic sorry bout that
fbdfff112c95da658cbf169500e80b54.jpg

Did I mention I love this rocking carpet??!
E2335a1bd7a0cafa21d38cc5ac43739d.jpg

I've been told they also have a fantastic bar. But I'll let myself be surprised.

Anyway, gotta go. See ya soon but bye for now, they don't have internet or cellphone reception up there.
Probably good, that way I'll be able to focus more on my work^^

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

??

Something something a wife swapping party you say?

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021

You can't win against people like that. A very reasonable "They're just kids being kids" won't stop a bitch from being a bitch. Let her stew in her sourness.

M

member 3289

"Shut the fuck up" is my go-to any time someone is making noise in my neighborhood.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I think the best thing you can hope for is to try to show the kids how to calmly let someone spin their wheels.
With me, I'd be an unfortunate object lesson in how not to handle simple conflicts with grace.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I think the best thing you can hope for is to try to show the kids how to calmly let someone spin their wheels.
With me, I'd be an unfortunate object lesson in how not to handle simple conflicts with grace.
lol same. my heart was in the right place, but since i went from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds, i figured id just make things worse if i went out there

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Just called the pharmacy line for a refill of my migraine prescription.

30-pack of pills for $US3.30.

I have private health insurance, but that's not a private plan price. That's just what it costs for whoever gets a prescription.

Out of curiosity, I googled rizatriptan usa price.

Drugs.com says that without insurance, a 12 pack of rizatriptan (not a 30 pack), is $US10.82.

Per pill.

I pay 11 cents per pill, without insurance.

If I was unemployed, the government would pay it.

Obviously, I'm not going to take a 2 second Google search linking to drugs.com as the definitive resource.

Splinty @Splinty - off the top of your head, does this sound normal? If I'm uninsured, is that price or something close to it what I'm going to be paying for migraine medication?

??