General I want a history of this site…

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I was on Sherdog under another name since 2005. I had such a great time disconnecting my actual life to my online life for years. I made good friends, I had this almost secret identity which I loved for years.

Over the last few years online that forum, honestly the last ten, it became a disease. Too many shitty people, mods as well. Recently I got an invitation to come here from a forum member and although this place is slow it reminds me of Sherdog years and years ago.

There is support, no shit-talk arguing, etc.

Over the last week I’ve spent hours and hours reading old threads. I’ve read all of the hall of fame threads. Anything over 100 or so posts.

What happened? There seemed to be hundreds of consistent posters. I’ve had tears I my eyes I was laughing so hard at Sex Chicken threads. Some guy I thought was 3354 or something but it turns out he was Conor Nut Hugger. Vutu. I saw a video of a poster called Galt that was do drunk he break danced and got evicted. That rating a Subaru thread lol. Another where Shinkicker scratched her car. I have never laughed so hard on Sherdog.

I have enjoyed this forums past. I don’t see any of these people posting anymore. I recognize Jason’s nane, Wild, a few others. Obviously lots of name changes as well as it’s sometimes hard to follow old threads but it’s still hilarious.

I hope this place picks up again and I’m here to help. My favorite thread was those two guys wanting to fight. Wanderlust and team quest north. The shit talk was so funny.
what was your name here before you were banned?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Choads Grogan.
My guess is it is a name you previously mentioned.
You have been going through the archives for weeks, allegedly. You registered on the site on Saturday. You are asking questions about very specific people. Sell your bullshit somewhere else, we're all full here. How is that whatsapp group messaging going?

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
You have been going through the archives for weeks, allegedly. You registered on the site on Saturday. You are asking questions about very specific people. Sell your bullshit somewhere else, we're all full here. How is that whatsapp group messaging going?
My post

Over the last week I’ve spent hours and hours reading old threads. I’ve read all of the hall of fame threads. Anything over 100 or so posts.

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
The fuck outa here....
You said I’ve been reading for weeks. I only read long threads because that was where the fun shit most likely was.

Now I’m being accused of being whatever you think I am. And I thought Sherdog was retarded.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You said I’ve been reading for weeks. I only read long threads because that was where the fun shit most likely was.

Now I’m being accused of being whatever you think I am. And I thought Sherdog was retarded.
We're going to need a verification photo. Full spread.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Feels like a soft troll

Of course I welcome them either way

Tell us the origin of your SN and more details about your ducks Blast @Blast

Hope you have a good day sir
I'm having a rough one

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
sadly trump broke this site.
Yes, a man who doesn't even know what this forum is somehow broke it. Perhaps another case should be brought against him.

I'm calling you out for the obvious. Your deflection isn't fooling anyone. Keep it up though.

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

I hope it's the nut holder

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There was a great battle for the forum a few years ago, Left Leaning Liberals Vs. Right Wing Domestic Terrorists and a Nazi Mod...

The battle went back and forth the left was led by some guy named Rusty, the battle was comparable to Shogun Vs.Machida 1 ...when the dust settled Cecil People's gave the very very close decision to the Right Wingers with a Nazi Mod ..Cecil ruled leg kicks don't win fights...

The Left Wing Liberals distraught from the ruling came together and decided they must flee this forum...and on that date just a few years ago they gathered their belongings and made their grand exodus ...never to be seen or heard from again.

Peace and Prosperity returned to the MMA Community and all has been well since.
I wondered what happened, thanks for filling me in. I was absent for a while and when I got back a lot of people where gone. A friend who was here at the time told me a little bit about it.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There was a great battle for the forum a few years ago, Left Leaning Liberals Vs. Right Wing Domestic Terrorists and a Nazi Mod...

The battle went back and forth the left was led by some guy named Rusty, the battle was comparable to Shogun Vs.Machida 1 ...when the dust settled Cecil People's gave the very very close decision to the Right Wingers with a Nazi Mod ..Cecil ruled leg kicks don't win fights...

The Left Wing Liberals distraught from the ruling came together and decided they must flee this forum...and on that date just a few years ago they gathered their belongings and made their grand exodus ...never to be seen or heard from again.

Peace and Prosperity returned to the MMA Community and all has been well since.
Reported

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think politics around 2014 broke a lot of people and communitiies.
This place got stronger but then broke up over Covid, a division became very strong.
Then politics crept in with a serious vengeance. IMO, as intended.
2020-2021 broke a lot of people and communities as far as I can tell.

OG did seem to be at a low and broken during 2016-2020ish for whatever reasons.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I wondered what happened, thanks for filling me in. I was absent for a while and when I got back a lot of people where gone. A friend who was here at the time told me a little bit about it.
There was a mass banning a while back. Things went back to being civil after that.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There was a mass banning a while back. Things went back to being civil after that.
I think the reason for most bannings is people just create too much work for the mods. I came back for a day during all the drama and that Heath Herring guy was screaming at Wild like a lunatic. I couldn't believe my eyes. So I came back a few months later and a lot of people were gone. Even the mods were gone!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Numbers now are about where they were pre-exodus. We average 45-50 members who regularly visit & post per day.

IMG_6587.jpeg

And about 70-75 members on fight days/nights. Not near as many pages in the fight night threads because it’s no longer being used as a personal chat space but that’s okay.

So all in all, I’d say the site is as healthy as it’s ever been. I’d have to run 3-4 year analytics log to verify that, but it seems that way to me.

I do miss the camaraderie w/ Splint and Birdwatcher though.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Passive Jay brought his attention-seeking routine here and was given a bass guitar out of pity. Then he turned around and used that guitar as a giveaway for his UG podcast.
I wonder how many times I got in trouble for telling people about this guy when he showed up. Same with npd / Sensoria utopia. A travesty

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I ran analytics for Active Users from Jan 2021 to current. I'm going off of memory, but I think the mass exodus was summer 2022. Someone correct me if I'm off on that. Anyway, full transparency....here's the data.

1721738426802.png