General If Trump was still president...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
that's a deployable SCIF, I validate those for a living. Making a SCIF and maintaining a SCIF are not the same thing.
Also, the classified documents were not stored in a SCIF, and were not signed out.

thanks for playing "How Much More Does Filthy Know About Security Protocols and Apparatus Than Me?".

we have some lovely parting gifts for you.
You laughed at Mar-a-Lago being a SCIF. I showed you that it was. Simple as.

I'll take whatever gift you're offering though.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You laughed at Mar-a-Lago being a SCIF. I showed you that it was. Simple as.

I'll take whatever gift you're offering though.
It's not a SCIF, it was never a SCIF.

They set up a SCIF there when he was POTUS. Not the same thing. I laughed at the idea of a former President having a SCIF at his resort.

Because it was, and still is, completely laughable.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's not a SCIF, it was never a SCIF.

They set up a SCIF there when he was POTUS. Not the same thing. I laughed at the idea of a former President having a SCIF at his resort.

Because it was, and still is, completely laughable.
Him getting bounced from Presidential briefings is laughable. Wouldn't a SCIF be required if he were still getting them?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
being coerced in to carrying water for the MAGAstanis is hard labor

EDIT - and those people are soooo fucked.
are you saying their life got significantly worse after the relocation?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Him getting bounced from Presidential briefings is laughable. Wouldn't a SCIF be required if he were still getting them?
Did he get bounced from a briefing while President? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at...?

A SCIF isn't a specific requirement of a Presidential briefing, only a briefing where TS-SCI information is being discussed.

FWIW - I had a TS-SCI clearance when I was in the USAF, and regularly worked in a SCIF. I also validated SCIFs. Senior administration officials commonly travel with a deployable SCIF which can be set up and validated in a short period of time. But that's not the same as having a space at Mar-A-Lago as an accredited SCIF. SCIF's have to be validated and assessed periodically to ensure they aren't compromised.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Did he get bounced from a briefing while President? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at...?

A SCIF isn't a specific requirement of a Presidential briefing, only a briefing where TS-SCI information is being discussed.

FWIW - I had a TS-SCI clearance when I was in the USAF, and regularly worked in a SCIF. I also validated SCIFs. Senior administration officials commonly travel with a deployable SCIF which can be set up and validated in a short period of time. But that's not the same as having a space at Mar-A-Lago as an accredited SCIF. SCIF's have to be validated and assessed periodically to ensure they aren't compromised.
Considering how often Trump worked out of Mar-a-Lago while President, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think they had a space designated for just that. And I'd assume he'd still be using that space for sensitive Presidential briefings if he hadn't been bounced from them as political punishment for The Insurrection™.

We can only speculate as to the materials seized until the Special Master business plays out.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Considering how often Trump worked out of Mar-a-Lago while President, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think they had a space designated for just that. And I'd assume he'd still be using that space for sensitive Presidential briefings if he hadn't been bounced from them as political punishment for The Insurrection™.

We can only speculate as to the materials seized until the Special Master business plays out.
It's incredibly far-fetched, building a SCIF is no small undertaking.

they literally say in the article you posted that they "set up a SCIF in the dining room". That's a deployable SCIF.

if there was a SCIF on site, they would have used it. There's no evidence that a permanent SCIF was there, or that its accreditation was kept up, or that Pres Trump stored classified material in it, or that he had a need to know associated with the documents he kept.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's incredibly far-fetched, building a SCIF is no small undertaking.

they literally say in the article you posted that they "set up a SCIF in the dining room". That's a deployable SCIF.

if there was a SCIF on site, they would have used it. There's no evidence that a permanent SCIF was there, or that its accreditation was kept up, or that Pres Trump stored classified material in it, or that he had a need to know associated with the documents he kept.
It wasn't an article, it was a press briefing transcript. And I'm certain you got that quote wrong. Read it again.

And just to be clear, the briefing — the President was briefed in a SCIF ahead of dinner. He went with his national security team. They briefed him on the situation in North Korea. Subsequently, he had a dinner, of which was attended exclusively by U.S. and Japanese delegation members. At that time, apparently there was a photo taken, which everyone jumped to nefarious conclusions about what may or may not be discussed. There was simply a discussion about press logistics, where to host the event. And then after the dinner, the President went back into the SCIF to get a further update from his team.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You all are never going to win an argument with someone who is an expert on ALL things, and a legend in his own mind. I dont even know why you try. I've learned to not even reply at this point, and will remain disciplined in not doing so.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It wasn't an article, it was a press briefing transcript. And I'm certain you got that quote wrong. Read it again.
yep, I read the part about setting up a SCIF in the dining room, which was a question, as part of the answer. My bad.

but 100% that's a deployable SCIF.
And it's still laughable to say that Mar-A-Lago was a SCIF. They set up a SCIF in a room at Mar-A-Lago, just like they do in hotel rooms when senior people travel. And none of this has anything to do with the alleged crime.

I'm willing to wager for charity on whether a permanent SCIF was built on-site and maintained. But I can be completely wrong about the presence of an actual SCIF, and it doesn't change anything about the criminality alleged.

just to be clear, unless President Trump had a documented need to know and had signed the documents in question out to storage in that SCIF (assuming there were classified documents in his possession at Mar-A-Lago), he's still guilty of the same felony that others are in the Fed Pen for committing.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You all are never going to win an argument with someone who is an expert on ALL things, and a legend in his own mind. I dont even know why you try. I've learned to not even reply at this point, and will remain disciplined in not doing so.
lol @ "winning an argument". that says everything.

BTW - when did you get your TS?

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
yep, I read the part about setting up a SCIF in the dining room, which was a question, as part of the answer. My bad.

but 100% that's a deployable SCIF.
And it's still laughable to say that Mar-A-Lago was a SCIF. They set up a SCIF in a room at Mar-A-Lago, just like they do in hotel rooms when senior people travel. And none of this has anything to do with the alleged crime.

I'm willing to wager for charity on whether a permanent SCIF was built on-site and maintained. But I can be completely wrong about the presence of an actual SCIF, and it doesn't change anything about the criminality alleged.

just to be clear, unless President Trump had a documented need to know and had signed the documents in question out to storage in that SCIF (assuming there were classified documents in his possession at Mar-A-Lago), he's still guilty of the same felony that others are in the Fed Pen for committing.
I gave you the one public example we know of. Its status beyond that is unknown. You owe me a gift and your favorite charity some cash.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Unknown because you're not cleared to know. That's the whole purpose of OPSEC, innit?
LoL.

OPSEC doesn't involve violating all other security protocols.

There's no SCIF at Mar-A-Lago, and the statement that "Mar-A-Lago is basically a SCIF because the former president has security there" is still inane.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
On multiple this far you've demonstrated you have little or no experience with security clearances. Now you're stating that people who are in the company of the president aren't vetted. This clearly isn't going anywhere, so let's cut our losses.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
On multiple this far you've demonstrated you have little or no experience with security clearances. Now you're stating that people who are in the company of the president aren't vetted. This clearly isn't going anywhere, so let's cut our losses.
LoL.

"little or no experience with security clearance"

except I'm the only person on this forum who actually held a TS-SCI. What did I state that was untrue?

People in the presence of the former president are not vetted by security agencies, because he's not paying for it and that's the only way it would happen.

They're vetted for for their pocketbooks, and little else, based on the available evidence.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
All of this for starters:
they are not. it takes a long time for a security clearance investigation, and it costs north of $100k per person to do a TS background check and it has to be redone every 5 years. A standard Secret clearance is basically a citizenship check and a credit report, but even that is expensive for the number of people at Mar-A-Lago.

the government isn't allocating resources for a civilian to have the people around him granted security clearance, there just isn't a national interest. I'm sure they were when he was POTUS, but not any more.