General if you only have a tv then you need speakers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
even the small ass JBL bluetooth speaker I use for my phone sounds better than my TV speakers.

what also works is use bluetooth headphones with a tv but on my tv it only works when I use a fire stick.

my demands for stock TV speakers are not that high because it can easily be fixed nowadays buying external sound systems I am more concerned with the picture quality.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
the sad thing is ive been thru this several times, best i get is 2 ch stereo, worst i get is no sound, eventually i give up
gonna keeep tryin....

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
best i can get is 2 channel dvd quality on the digital audio properties
anything higher than that i get no sound at all

i'll try to keep following instructions, despite my computer illiteracy
and heres a pic if anyone cares
Right click start button > Device Manager > Display Adapters

What video card does it show here? Looks old. Might not have surround capability.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
its like 10 years old top o the line for gamers i believe. but there was plenty of 5.1 sound back then.
tryin this way now and so far it sux too
mobo has the same 6 jacks

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
its like 10 years old top o the line for gamers i believe. but there was plenty of 5.1 sound back then.
tryin this way now and so far it sux too
mobo has the same 6 jacks
That would be my last suggestion. If your receiver can handle those 1/8" stereo connections, go for it.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
Right click start button > Device Manager > Display Adapters

What video card does it show here? Looks old. Might not have surround capability.
nvidia geforce 210

i got sound to the tv speakers (i use a tv as my monitor), but ive been goin out of the mobo to my old 5.1 sony receiver(no hdmi input, using optical)

btw i got another pc and denon receiver (hdmi input)with all the same problems downstairs. perfect 5.1 from the cable box but 2 channel from pc

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
nvidia geforce 210

i got sound to the tv speakers (i use a tv as my monitor), but ive been goin out of the mobo to my old 5.1 sony receiver(no hdmi input, using optical)

btw i got another pc and denon receiver (hdmi input)with all the same problems downstairs. perfect 5.1 from the cable box but 2 channel from pc
You're limited with what you've got. If you can spare the money I'd put one of these in your PC and let it handle the audio processing. Toslink directly to your audio receiver.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Blaster-Performance-Headphone-Forming-Microphone/dp/B009ISU33E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=soundblaster%2Bz&qid=1584659290&sr=8-1&th=1

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Your GeForce 210 should be able to output 5.1 over HDMI. Try to plug it into the Denon receiver with HDMI passthrougth and see if it will allow you to configure to 5.1.