Jon Jones: ‘I’m a victim of my own ignorance’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Jon Jones said adamantly in a press conference two weeks ago that he never knowingly took any performance-enhancing drugs. The interim UFC light heavyweight champion doubled down on that sentiment Monday on Twitter.

Jones, MMA's pound-for-pound king, tweeted that he has already sent "products to a lab" in an effort to clear his name. In another tweet, Jones said he's a "victim of his own ignorance." Jones seems to be leaning toward a tainted supplement test after failing a USADA drug test before UFC 200.

View: https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/755162959144292352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

View: https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/755158246134992896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On Monday, the Nevada Athletic Commission released the two substances Jones tested positive for: hydroxy-clomiphene, an anti-estrogen agent, and letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor. Both are in the estrogen blocker family. Jones was pulled from his UFC 200 main event title fight with Daniel Cormier three days before the event after the results came back from his June 16 sample.

Estrogen blockers are typically taken for one of two reasons: to reduce the amount of estrogen in your system and stimulate natural testosterone production after a period of anabolic steroid use, or to stop testosterone from turning into estrogen, hence more natural testosterone in your system. The latter is the main use of an aromatase inhibitor.

Jones, though, is vehement in his denial that he didn't knowingly take any banned substance.

Jon Jones opens up about drug-test failure: ‘I’m a victim of my own ignorance’

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Dont worry about it mate. Someone probably spiked your rainbow sherbert.

Which some weirdos might snort

M

member 3289

Respect for him taking responsibility for his (possible) actions.

Can't wait to get all this shit behind us so we can re-book Jones vs DC.

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
Will Jon Jones send self tainted (if that is a real descriptive term?) samples to the lab and publicly present the results to "prove" he took legal supplements?

Will the supplement then come after him for false claims, etc?

Where is this going I wonder?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You're gonna have to do better than this if we are gonna give you that shadow mod position.
If you give him status of mod, you do realize that he will make my life hell and quite possibly pink you then ban you, right

SolderofGod

Monica's
Jun 23, 2016
He got only account on tweet I ever make suspend for ask why we believe him. Deletes all twits that make look bad.

Stuff Jon, liar criminal and cheat.

Black victim complex.

"Not trying to be a victim, I Am a victim"

"I didn't know any better." is not taking responsibility. This guy, like most of us, cannot change the person he is. He'll take the glory but the blame will always be kind of offset.

He got only account on tweet I ever make suspend for ask why we believe him. Deletes all twits that make look bad.

Stuff Jon, liar criminal and cheat.

Black victim complex.

"Not trying to be a victim, I Am a victim"

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Respect for him taking responsibility for his (possible) actions.

Can't wait to get all this shit behind us so we can re-book Jones vs DC.
I doubt we will ever see DC vs Jones 2. DC will be pushing 40 pretty hard by the time Jon gets back. If a 40 year old DC fights him it will be even less competitive. UFC 200 was DC's best chance at beating Jones. And there was very little chance then.

Feb 28, 2015
Does anyone seriously believe his nonsense anymore? IMO another case of trying to play the game of using the new stuff that the regs haven't caught up with yet. Risk that didn't pay off. The whole supplement game is such a racket anyways, why bother? I hope he just goes away, I'm not excited to see him back.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The best way to go forward is to admit it and move on at this point. The stories are getting more creative. Makes you feel like an idiot to have given them the benefit of the doubt at one point. What people disrespect more than a cheater, is somebody who lies about it. Chael did it right, the last time he got busted. Because even though he is still a cheater, he came clean about it, and no awkward moments from here on out.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
The whole thing is a bummer.
I want to see the guy fight. He's one of the greatest ever, if not the greatest.

And now he's looking at a 2 year suspension, meaning before he's eligible to fight again, we'll have seen him fight 3 times in 5 years.