July 10 is the first day fans can finally tip fighters live during matches with the new app, TapStats! #TipYourFighter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Allen_TapStats

Jul 1, 2021
The unfair payment of MMA fighters has long been an issue in the MMA community - most recently highlighted by Sarah “Too Sweet” Alpar, who had to launch a GoFundMe in order to train full-time for her upcoming UFC fight.

The answer to this is tipping, just as we do for content creators. TapStats is the world’s first platform that allows fans to tip athletes directly as the action happens.

Be among the first CORE MMA community to send a tip on the very first day it goes live. Only MMA insiders have been invited so they can get a special place in the history of our sport

On July 10th, the first version of our app will be on the app store. Feel free to try it (sign up using the link below) and let us know what you think. We’ll be adding more exciting features in the upcoming months, stay tuned!

#TipYourFighter

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I think the idea has some merit.

Sure the middle man will want to make dough as well, but that can be made fair I guess, I dunno how it works here.

But generally micro-transactions are a concept that has proven itself, especially looking at younger people.
They pay for really stupid shit like the color of a hat in a game - why not try to tap into that and get some of this going to support fighters?

I suppose most here are older and not really the target group, but I believe it could work. Even though ideally it would not be needed at all.

Just depends now on how the middle-man arranges it.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
OP how do you make money off of this? I assume you aren't doing it for free.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
The app actually sounds cool - it lets you tap to count strikes yourself.

I think this is especially good for bettors like when a high roller tips the croupier.

But they don't say what kind of fee they take. They must say it somewhere before you pay, but I didn't see it in the ad. Shady

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
lol love the whole thing, gambling shitstorm of greed, winnings, tips for the successful meat and blood everywhere.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I had a similar idea for a betting platform that gave a chunk of the prize to the fighter. Of course the idea was born out of UFC not paying their fighters enough.

Allen_TapStats

Jul 1, 2021
Wow, this doesn’t seem like a scam at all.
TapStats is not just a platform for tipping athletes - TapStats also provides a gamified experience for watchers through tapping. Taps records live strike data which TapStats project as a variety of performance indicators - they can help you better understand the fight.

At the end of the fight, you're given an accuracy score and we will introduce a reward system in the upcoming months. This app is totally free for MMA fans that want to tap or follow the live data - tipping is just if you want to.

Additionally, TapStats end goal is to bring awareness and exposure to lesser known, upcoming fighters in the smaller leagues. We know that the tips and exposure from the app will impact their career the most.

Allen_TapStats

Jul 1, 2021
The app actually sounds cool - it lets you tap to count strikes yourself.

I think this is especially good for bettors like when a high roller tips the croupier.

But they don't say what kind of fee they take. They must say it somewhere before you pay, but I didn't see it in the ad. Shady
Thank you Nuraknu! TapStats was born with the hope to provide the combat sports industry with accurate crowd-funded live data that will guide bettors and help people to understand the fight. We take a 5% platform fee + app store fee for tips but the rest of the app is free to use!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Noted, we are working hard to be as transparent as possible, without making our app walk through page confusing or too cluttered. Will bring this up with the management team, thank you!
We have a really big transparency advocate here, maybe D241 @D241 could help you out with this aspect of your business.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Hahaha I was conflicted if I should be direct or slowly warm myself to the community. Nice to meet you Dick Niaz:beercheers:
That’s what I like to see! Thanks for taking the joke in stride.

Welcome to the community! We have a great place and strong community here. Hope you fuck stick around and find out! Join our live event threads during the fights!!
7963ACE5-C016-4974-BF10-62D582540DEC.gif

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
TapStats is not just a platform for tipping athletes - TapStats also provides a gamified experience for watchers through tapping. Taps records live strike data which TapStats project as a variety of performance indicators - they can help you better understand the fight.

At the end of the fight, you're given an accuracy score and we will introduce a reward system in the upcoming months. This app is totally free for MMA fans that want to tap or follow the live data - tipping is just if you want to.

Additionally, TapStats end goal is to bring awareness and exposure to lesser known, upcoming fighters in the smaller leagues. We know that the tips and exposure from the app will impact their career the most.
Ohhhhh wow! That changes everything!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'll get right on tipping fighters right after I make sure Dana gets his cut of the PPV money