General Lead singer of Linkin Park commits suicide

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Mix is reeling y'all in again and you fall for it time and time again. It's his schtick.

I'm sad, I was an adult when HT came out so no teenage strife or anything here and through the years I've gone off them, but even when I was going off them I'd see them at a festival and be right back into them again. He was infectious.

The Texas DVD was played in my house to the point of having to buy multiple copies. Shame they went downhill really.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I'm assuming you're coming at me with this comment. My good friend had her boyfriend commit suicide 4 weeks before giving birth to their child, my fiance's mother committed suicide when she was 2 years old and left her to her grandparents, my good friend in Iraq committed suicide 6 years after we'd been home. I've been around it and mental illness enough to understand it. I also know that a multi-millionaire rock star would have the available means to get help. Hanging himself was selfish.
I'm sorry you've experienced it so much. That's truly terrible.
I also know that a multi-millionaire rock star would have the available means to get help. Hanging himself was selfish.
This statement kind of shows what I'm talking about, though. Many believe they're beyond help. Seeking professional help is a very useful tool for most who struggle with depression, but many who struggle with depression don't believe that they can be helped. We are talking about people whose brains are broken. Expecting them to act rationally or be labeled a pussy or selfish is simply out of touch with what they go through. Their brains are attacking them. We have no idea what he was going through. To try to put a label on it as if you know what he was thinking is an act which requires a complete misunderstanding of how substantial it is when a brain paints a different picture of the world than what is actually there. You're applying rational expectations to a completely irrational situation.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I'm sorry you've experienced it so much. That's truly terrible.

This statement kind of shows what I'm talking about, though. Many believe they're beyond help. Seeking professional help is a very useful tool for most who struggle with depression, but many who struggle with depression don't believe that they can be helped. We are talking about people whose brains are broken. Expecting them to act rationally or be labeled a pussy or selfish is simply out of touch with what they go through. Their brains are attacking them. We have no idea what he was going through. To try to put a label on it as if you know what he was thinking is an act which requires a complete misunderstanding of how substantial it is when a brain paints a different picture of the world than what is actually there. You're applying rational expectations to a completely irrational situation.
Depression can only be understood by a sufferer. Nobody else understands.

People who tell depression victims to "just cheer up"... They don't get it.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Does it make you feel better now after denigrating some who's just died? Whom we can safely assume was dealing with severe depression etc.

RIP Chester. Tragic news.
Fuck him. He doesnt deserve to rest in peace. How about pray for his fatherless kids since he wasnt man enough to stick around for them.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Depression can only be understood by a sufferer. Nobody else understands.

People who tell depression victims to "just cheer up"... They don't get it.
They've never had a broken brain. Anyone who has dealt with depression or been around it enough realize that it's not a decision to be sad. Your brain has control over you, not the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, a majority of people who have had bouts of depression can fix themselves by meeting a professional and re-wiring their brain processes. People who end up killing themselves typically don't fall into that category, though. It's an actual chemical imbalance that cannot be fixed by just being tougher. There are people who literally see other human beings standing in front of them that aren't actually there. That in itself should show us that the brain is more powerful than we sometimes give it credit for being.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
They've never had a broken brain. Anyone who has dealt with depression or been around it enough realize that it's not a decision to be sad. Your brain has control over you, not the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, a majority of people who have had bouts of depression can fix themselves by meeting a professional and re-wiring their brain processes. People who end up killing themselves typically don't fall into that category, though. It's an actual chemical imbalance that cannot be fixed by just being tougher. There are people who literally see other human beings standing in front of them that aren't actually there. That in itself should show us that the brain is more powerful than we sometimes give it credit for being.
It's an impossible problem. You're told by non sufferers that you just need to be happier. Then you feel bad for getting help. The help is then laughable for people not suffering. So you stop.

I'm not getting into my personal life here. But as a normal rational man with a lot of reason, education and life experience I could have legit killed myself a few times and it would have been rational to me.

This is real life to some people. It's like PTSD. Totally misunderstood by non sufferers. Laughed at almost

Last edited:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Mix is reeling y'all in again and you fall for it time and time again. It's his schtick.

I'm sad, I was an adult when HT came out so no teenage strife or anything here and through the years I've gone off them, but even when I was going off them I'd see them at a festival and be right back into them again. He was infectious.

The Texas DVD was played in my house to the point of having to buy multiple copies. Shame they went downhill really.
Schtick? I preach honesty as I see it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me , because there are a lot of stupid people out there. A forum, by its very definition, is a place to discuss dissenting view points, not a communal circle jerk. If you agree with me, fine. If you disagree with me, I respect your right to do do.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Schtick? I preach honesty as I see it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me , because there are a lot of stupid people out there. A forum, by its very definition, is a place to discuss dissenting view points, not a communal circle jerk. If you agree with me, fine. If you disagree with me, I respect your right to do do.
Alright, princess.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
This is definitely not the time for laughter but this cracked me up. Jesus, Brian.

I'm sorry, if you recall I was sad Chester died, don't hate me.

"hung with"????

Korn's Head Condemns Chester Bennington for Committing Suicide: It's the Cowardly Way Out!
Head is a devout Christian, and one of the unfortunate side effects of religion is ignoring the chemicals in the brain which decide our personalities. Since believers are led to believe we have souls which decide who we are, the brain is ignored. I'm not anti-Christian, by the way, it's just an unfortunate effect.

Most serial killers are found to have had traumatic brain injuries in the past. Many people who suffer physical or emotional trauma exhibit a dramatic change in personality and brain activity as a direct effect. Chester was sexually abused as a child, multiple times if I remember correctly. Calling him a coward does nothing but showcase ignorance.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Head is a devout Christian, and one of the unfortunate side effects of Christianity is ignoring the chemicals in the brain which decide our personalities. Since believers are led to believe we have souls which decide who we are, the brain is ignored. I'm not anti-Christian, by the way, it's just an unfortunate effect.

Most serial killers are found to have had traumatic brain injuries in the past. Many people who suffer physical or emotional trauma exhibit a dramatic change in personality and brain activity as a direct effect. Chester was sexually abused as a child, multiple times if I remember correctly. Calling him a coward does nothing but showcase ignorance.
I was a devout Korn fan when he was baptised. He found Christianity because he was a drug addict and in that respect I'm happy for him because there's a possibility he'd've ended up where Chester is otherwise. He seemed to swap one addiction for the other at the time, I can't comment on where he is with his religion now, but that's some sanctimonious bollocks if I ever did read.

Still a Korn fan though and I'm happy he's back.