General Lead singer of Linkin Park commits suicide

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Weird how things work out though. I immediately thought of a friend from England, and she immediately thought of me, we've only been Instagram friends for the last few years rather than my ever increasing numbers. We've now swapped numbers, and it's sweet in a way.

I watched the LP Texas DVD (albeit youtube) in its entirety again, it's so fucking good.

With You.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Tbh I'm sure that was weighing heavily on his mind and probably made him spiral in despair even more.

Look. I'm not defending him.

But if someone is at the point where dying seems like the best option , I'm gonna say they weren't in the best frame of mind
Honestly. Imo I can't begin to judge someone who is in this frame of mind. It's shitty for the family, but I don't feel right pointing any fingers bc he was in a place that I can't fathom. And the body's chemicals can cause bad decisions

Thoughts go out to him and his family

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you assume that he hated his children then yes fuck him.

But if you assume he loved his kids. Then imagine the pain and despair going on in his head to want to kill himself.
Dude must have been fighting some serious demons in his head. Drugs, alcohol, and Hollywood are a recipe for disaster IMO. Seen this time and time again. I know it's easy to say from the outside, but if I were a celeb, I'd live on a 100 acre farm is some little town like Dave Chapelle does. Too many vultures in LA.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Was he on prescription drugs?
This is the real question behind the suicide.

As we flash back to Chris Cornell's suicide, his wife suspected the Anxiety pill Antivan was the culprit behind Cornell taking his life:

"Chris's death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband. He was my best friend," Vicky wrote.

"His world revolved around his family first and, of course, his music second. He flew home for Mother's Day to spend time with our family. He flew out mid-day Wednesday, the day of the show, after spending time with the children. When we spoke before the show, we discussed plans for a vacation over Memorial Day and other things we wanted to do."

However, following Soundgarden's concert Wednesday night, Vicky noticed a change in her husband's demeanor when they talked on the phone after the show.

"When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him," she continued. "What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details. I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life."

It's sad he ended his life due to depression

I remember the first song I heard from LP before they really hit it big: "this is my December" A song Chester wrote about his friend who had committed suicide ...man that was roughly 17 years ago.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

As we flash back to Chris Cornell's suicide, his wife suspected the Anxiety pill Antivan was the culprit behind Cornell taking his life:

"Chris's death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband. He was my best friend," Vicky wrote.

"His world revolved around his family first and, of course, his music second. He flew home for Mother's Day to spend time with our family. He flew out mid-day Wednesday, the day of the show, after spending time with the children. When we spoke before the show, we discussed plans for a vacation over Memorial Day and other things we wanted to do."

However, following Soundgarden's concert Wednesday night, Vicky noticed a change in her husband's demeanor when they talked on the phone after the show.

"When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him," she continued. "What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details. I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life."

I remember the first song I heard from LP before they really hit it big: "this is my December" A song Chester wrote about his friend who had committed suicide ...man that was roughly 17 years ago.

We often neglect to consider what volatility the presence of anti-depresants/anxiety medicine bring to an already unstable emotional state. We tend to believe they work no matter what, but it is all just a guessing game. A dangerous game. A tragic one.

Mixing these drugs with alcohol, or even with a history of substance abuse, it can present a real danger, a danger which may be bigger than depression or anxiety itself.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

forgot about this song. good one. i didnt follow their new stuff too much, but a girl i was dating at this time got me into this

i think we saw them live actually. man my memory sucks

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Chester's wife tweeted this before it was quickly deleted.

Some suspect Chester and Chris Cornell were both murdered .....

What did they know?

Podesta's name pops up once again ....

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Chester's wife tweeted this before it was quickly deleted.

Some suspect Chester and Chris Cornell were both murdered .....

What did they know?

Podesta's name pops up once again ....
Cornell and Bennington were anti Pedo and working on a Doc about this dark shit it has been rumored

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Never a fan, their music was pure shit to me growing up, was still sad to hear he took his life.

Never heard this theory on the 2 of them being murdered.

Hadn't seen a picture of Chris Cornell for a long time, he looked like an accountant in his old age, never saw that coming.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Never a fan, their music was pure shit to me growing up, was still sad to hear he took his life.

Never hears this theory on the 2 of them being murdered.

Hadn't seen a picture of Chris Cornell for a long time, he looked like an accountant in his old age, never saw that coming.
the guy above on right is a creepy podesta brother (politician) fyi

Jan 21, 2015
the guy above on right is a creepy podesta brother (politician) fyi
good thread bump, I remember all kinds of crazy rabbit holes about that case.

For instance I could be wrong but I thought his death came out very shortly after that video with the supposed audio of Potesta beating a kid leaked. Suspicions went around that maybe Chester had seen the vid and snapped or whatever, the resemblance to Podesta is maybe the most convincing of all those lookalike conspiracy trails...

His death was right in the thick of the pizzagate hype, no?

I also remember a good story about how 'Linkin or Lincoln' park was the name of some sort of weird child Mk Ultra type shit

Good bump see if I can find any info on this