Lee is a better version of Khabib

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Didn't read.

If you think Kevin Lee has a legit chance against khabib then you need to stop smoking filthy vagabond cigarettes.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
LOL your fight IQ is downright horrendous, are you sure you want to stick with what you are saying. Are you saying that you could not tell that Khabib was on purpose standing iwth Al the 2nd part of that fight? LOL the guy was trying to get time on the feet, he is so dominant that he takes guys down to easy so he stood with Al to practice his striking, its plain to notice homey.
6 of 15 take-downs in that fight...yet he was choosing to stand with him? Fukin lol...stop talking about my IQ, bud.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Khabib has two rounds in him of dominate wrestling...the rest of the fight he is open for strikes and counter-wrestling.
Even still a fresh Lee in rds 1&2 is capable of stopping Khabibs takedowns imo.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
6 of 15 take-downs in that fight...yet he was choosing to stand with him? Fukin lol...stop talking about my IQ, bud.

Sorry, if you saw that fight and could not tell that Khabib on purpose was standing iwth Al in rounds 3 to 5 then shame on you.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Maybe you're right...it's not like his corner was also telling him to take him down.

Do you have amnesia???????

LOL, ever heard of Javier Mendes, he said right away that on purpose Khabib was practiving his stand up. The guy is so dominant at getting it to the ground that he literally has to let fighters stand with him just to practice his stand up.

You are failing the IQ test, study and come back and do better por favor. Peace

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Ortega is better than everyone at 145....
The context I was using that example was about Barboza, or anyone else like Edgar, that if you've been taking and accumulating damage throughout your career, eventually you'd be easier to KO.

Nut Hugger talking about how Lee is better than Khabib because Lee got to finish Barboza but doesn't consider the damage Barboza took from Khabib's fight.

Same thing with Frankie Edgar. All the credit to Ortega and I do believe he's no.1 featherweight today but Frankie's got lots of miles on his chin, eventually it'll go.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
The context I was using that example was about Barboza, or anyone else like Edgar, that if you've been taking and accumulating damage throughout your career, eventually you'd be easier to KO.

Nut Hugger talking about how Lee is better than Khabib because Lee got to finish Barboza but doesn't consider the damage Barboza took from Khabib's fight.

Same thing with Frankie Edgar. All the credit to Ortega and I do believe he's no.1 featherweight today but Frankie's got lots of miles on his chin, eventually it'll go.
Fair points.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Khabib is too solid for Lee. Unless Lee clips him, then Khabib controls the tempo of the fight and wears him down on the ground or clinch. Pretty soon Lee's fast twitch goes and he's much less likely to clip him and his maneuvers on the feet slow considerably and fall out of timing; his bouncing footwork doesn't operate well when the legs get heavy.

And I think Khabib takes him down often and easy enough to do it when he needs it, to rest and to change the flow of the fight. It's not about if you can sprawl or base out with Khabib, it's about if you can get away from the 5th move in the series that is meant to take you down. He plays chess with people on the ground. He puts them in bad, awkward position after bad, awkward position until they finally make the mistake that he uses to take them down grind them into dust; and all the while, he's making them absolutely exhausted, and he's resting. He breaks guys routinely. And his hands and everything else is getting better as he's going along too, his base looks better and his timing, even though his shots are sluggish in a way, is good enough to connect and block at important times and control his space and take away his opponents.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well I said this in another thread and the Khabib-lovers got a little triggered, but the fact remains Khabib has been matched up primarily with strikers.

His whole game is predicated on taking guys down and grinding them down... so what happens when he runs into a guy that he can't take down? Or a guy that takes HIM down? Can he fight off his back? Can he change gears and find a way to win?

There's so much that is unknown about Khabib. I'd really like to see Lee get a shot at him.
26-0

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Lee needs to go up to Welterweight

Hell still kick ass there AND always make weight