General Lets talk about the Kavanaugh allegations and confirmation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kav will be confirmed as Supreme Court Justice???

• Yes, he's voted into the Supreme Court

• No, the vote fails or his nomination is withdrawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I wish that it wasn't Avenatti involved in this. Even if his client is authentic and truthful, he's going to bring her down and weaken her story as the only thing he's good at is getting his face in the news.

Then again, maybe it will take a tabloid style attorney to get people to really pay attention... This is the Kardashian era after all.
Say what you want about Avenatti, but he got Trump to blink against Stormy, (hence us being blessed with her book and "mushroom dick"), and he has Mystic Mac level prediction abilities.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
If Kavanaugh was a total dirtbag, I would think the #metoo movement would have other women coming out all over the place with their own stories. The fact that not a single person has said anything speaks volumes. Not even a "He grabbed my ass at a party" story. Nothing. On the contrary, 65 women have signed a letter vouching for his character, both present day and dating back to his high school days.
I guess I spoke too soon. Apparently another woman has come forward with her own story. Again in the 80s. Again they were both drunk.
The New Yorker has had the story for awhile, but there were so many holes in the story they didn't immediately release it. To their credit, they did some investigating and everyone they found denied the incident took place.

There will be more. This shit tends to snowball.
And I wouldn't be surprised if they are all bullshit, like this one appears to be...''

Friends of both Kavanaugh and Ramirez, however, disputed the allegations. — three of whom spoke to the New Yorker on the record. The others remained anonymous.

“We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it — and we did not,” the group said in a joint statement. “The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending.”
Libs have no shame. Even if it means betraying an innocent friend from your past.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well...I may have to change my vote. :oops::sweatsmile:

This is like House of Cards
We've been following in the office today on TV.

All the back and forth then Monday comes and just throws a Molotov cocktail into the whole thing!

I can't get enough! What will happen next with the Kinky Kav?!?!

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This is like House of Cards
We've been following in the office today on TV.

All the back and forth then Monday comes and just throws a Molotov cocktail into the whole thing!

I can't get enough! What will happen next with the Kinky Kav?!?!
Ain't you easy sheep lol.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I guess I spoke too soon. Apparently another woman has come forward with her own story. Again in the 80s. Again they were both drunk.
The New Yorker has had the story for awhile, but there were so many holes in the story they didn't immediately release it. To their credit, they did some investigating and everyone they found denied the incident took place.
"Ramirez was initially hesitant to speak publicly, she told the magazine, partly because her memory contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. She was unsure of his role in the incident at first, but after six days of carefully assessing memories and consulting with her attorney...she felt confident enough in her recollections to say she remembers it was Kavanaugh who had exposed himself."

from CNN

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
"Ramirez was initially hesitant to speak publicly, she told the magazine, partly because her memory contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. She was unsure of his role in the incident at first, but after six days of carefully assessing memories and consulting with her attorney...she felt confident enough in her recollections to say she remembers it was Kavanaugh who had exposed himself."

from CNN
Haha.
Oh yeah. Now I remember. It was definitely that guy.
Maybe we can have a penis lineup like Michael Jackson did.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"However, Montgomery County police chief J. Thomas Manger has told the Washington Examiner that he knows of no investigation that his department is taking in relation to Kavanaugh.

“I have spoken with my Chief of Detectives, and neither of us have any knowledge of anyone coming forward to us to report any allegations involving Judge Kavanaugh,” he said."

LOL at facts, run the headline. #sad

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
I could of told you this as soon as we found out he kept a detailed calendar in high school.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I could of told you this as soon as we found out he kept a detailed calendar in high school.
Based on the fact that he apparently still has the calendars I'm willing to bet that he still hasn't had intercourse.

But it also hasn't stopped him from trying

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
So the delay strategy with ford has made it so kavenaugh cannot be on the supreme court at the start of the term, which starts October 1st. The term goes through June or July of next year. Interesting that politics is at a point where one party is willing to smear a person, destroy character and reputation, and potentially ruin a family over a sure thing vote. The gain? Half a term to a full term without him on the bench.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
So the delay strategy with ford has made it so kavenaugh cannot be on the supreme court at the start of the term, which starts October 1st. The term goes through June or July of next year. Interesting that politics is at a point where one party is willing to smear a person, destroy character and reputation, and potentially ruin a family over a sure thing vote. The gain? Half a term to a full term without him on the bench.
I'm shocked at anyone who has any level of "trust" in US politics nowadays. It's been laughable, corrupt and basically a joke for over a decade now. The only thing it's good for is humor at this point. There will be a few up and comers who will flash a glimmer of hope from time to time, until the money and power influence of the DNC, GOP, or lobbyists steals their soul and takes over their bag of bones and plays them on the grand stage for us all to make fun of.

Meanwhile, a certain percentage of Americans will continue to buy into the tribalism thinking they are actually leading a cause for the greater good. After spending 8 hours, or more a day, trying to educate everyone else on what makes a free country work.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I should refrain, but I'm here to further stoke the flames of this argument ladies and gents:

Deborah Copaken: My Rapist Apologized - The Atlantic

On Friday morning, President Donald Trump tweeted that he has “no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents.”

Let me tell you what life was like as a girl in Montgomery County, Maryland, in the early 1980s. I am a year older than Christine Blasey Ford and a year younger than Brett Kavanaugh. I grew up in Potomac, Maryland, a few miles from both Holton Arms, Ford’s school, and Georgetown Prep, which Kavanaugh attended, but I went to my local public high school, Churchill. Never mind that any girl who was in high school in Potomac during that era knew, through the whisper network, not to go to a Georgetown Prep party alone. That was a given. What was also a given is that “date rape,” as a term, was in its infancy. Most of us thought getting our bodies groped at a high-school party—or anywhere—was the unfortunate price we paid for having them, not something we would ever go to the police to report.

Even in junior high school, this was true. I have a vivid memory of my friend Marcia having her skirt ripped off her body in the middle of a bar mitzvah dance floor. It had snaps down the middle. I actually heard one boy say, as she was weeping in a corner, trying to refasten her skirt, “I mean, duh. If you’re going to wear snaps on your skirt, what do you think will happen?” I made a mental note: Never wear snaps to a dance party.

Luckily, I survived high school without getting more than ickily groped now and then, but my luck ran out in college. I fell victim to a number of random assaults by strangers, including two robberies at gunpoint, all of which then became fodder for my senior thesis, but I wasn’t actually date raped until the night before my graduation, in June of 1988. Or maybe it was May. I don’t actually remember which month I graduated from college, because it was so long ago, but that does not negate what I do remember—both the rape itself, and what happened in its aftermath. I woke up, put on my cap and gown, and fetched my diploma to the notes of “Pomp and Circumstance” in front of my unsuspecting parents, just like everyone else in my class. Afterward, I posed for photos with my parents and smiled. Then, between our photo session and lunch, I excused myself to take care of what I said was an administrative issue and went straight to University Health Services to report the rape.

I was told by the intake psychologist that I had two choices: I could report the rape to the police; stay in the Boston area for several months, to deal with the trial; hire lawyers to help me through it with money I did not have; and put off beginning my life in Paris, where I’d planned to move for work, while awaiting my turn on the witness stand, where my prior sex life would be put on trial, more than the boy who raped me. Or I could stay silent.

At lunch that day, did I tell my loving parents that I’d been raped the night before? Of course not. That boy had already stolen a valuable piece of my soul. I was not going to allow him to steal my graduation day from us, too. I’d worked hard to reach that day. So had my parents. This was our day, not his.

In fact, I never actually told my parents to their faces. Instead, 13 years after the rape in question, I sent them the manuscript for my first memoir, in which I described the rape, for the first time, in detail, making sure to put an ocean between us while they read. I didn’t want to see the pained expression on my dad’s face or hear my mother crying until they’d had enough time to process it. Several notable critics of the book, after it was published, took it upon themselves either to blame me for my assaults or to ask if I was worried I’d get called a slut.

The fact that Ford did not call the police or tell her loving parents after she escaped this young man’s scary clutches has no bearing on the truth of her story. Plus, let’s keep in mind: She was 15 years old. She couldn’t even drive herself home. That’s one of the images that haunts me—young Chrissy Blasey walking out of that house and facing the rest of her post-traumatic life, on foot.

But there has been an upside to the Kavanaugh circus and Trump’s presidency. For one, it has galvanized women and the men who love us. For another, like so many rape survivors in this country living through this particular moment in history, having to relive our assaults daily—even hourly—with every new allegation of rape, I have been so brought to my knees by this latest allegation that I, too, was inspired to speak out.

Directly. To my rapist.

I wrote him a letter, 30 years after the night in question, reminding him of what he’d done and how hard it has been to overcome.

And do you know what this man did, less than half an hour later? He called me on the phone and said, “Oh, Deb. Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I had no idea. I’m filled with shame.”

We spoke for a long time, maybe 20 minutes. He had no recollection of raping me, just of the party where we’d met. He’d blacked out that night from excessive drinking and soon thereafter entered Alcoholics Anonymous. But that, he said, was no excuse. The fact that he’d done this to me and that I’d been living with the resulting trauma for 30 years was horrifying to him. He was so sorry, he said. He just kept repeating those words, “I’m so sorry,” over and over.

Suddenly, 30 years of pain and grief fell out of me. I cried. And I cried. And I kept crying for the next several hours, as I prepared for Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday of forgiveness. And then, suddenly, I was cleansed. Reborn. The trauma was gone. All because of a belated apology.

My rapist promised to pay it forward, this horrible thing he’d just learned about himself. I have no doubt, judging by the admirable life he’s led, he will. And I will keep my promise to him never to reveal his name.

But you know what? If he were being confirmed for the Supreme Court; if his decision over what would happen to my daughter’s body, should she become inadvertently pregnant, would tip the scales away from Roe; if one of the key aspects of his job as a judge would be to show and to have shown good judgment over the course of his life, you better believe that I, like Ford, would come forward and tell the committee. Even if it meant going into hiding, as she’s had to do. Even if it meant getting death threats, as she’s received.

The life of my daughter is at stake. Her bodily autonomy is at stake. As a mother who grew up being groped at house parties in the ’80s, I want to make sure that whoever is passing judgment on the next generation has, at the very least, judgment to pass.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
jesus fucking christ.. this is how most of us now semi old fucks got laid back in the day..

whip out the dick, ask her if she wants to fuck and if she says no.. move on to the next chick

life was a lot fucking different before cell phones, social media and man whore shaming..

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
jesus fucking christ.. this is how most of us now semi old fucks got laid back in the day..

whip out the dick, ask her if she wants to fuck and if she says no.. move on to the next chick

life was a lot fucking different before cell phones, social media and man whore shaming..
Still my go to move.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What is it with train running in the DMV? Wouldn't it be crazy if Kavanagh was at the same party as Lloyd Irvin?