General Let's talk cars

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What make and model do you drive? Are you a Ford guy? Chevy? Honda? Toyota? Thoughts on Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Infinity, Lexus, Cadillac, Acura?

My wife drives a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum with 132k miles on it. I love it. Has every option imaginable and has been super reliable. I drive a 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 85k miles and it has all the options & has also been super reliable. Our daughter drives a 2017 Honda Accord Sport with 135k miles and it's also been super reliable. Oil changes, tires, and me changing wiper blade, air filters & brake pads when needed. That's about all we've had to do them.

But I do a lot of fishing and I need a truck, and I'd like to get my wife a newer SUV when rates drop. Like to hear who's driving what, and your experiences.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
2018 Ford f-150 have 45,000 miles on it, been bullet proof.
That's exactly what I'm looking at because my max budget for a truck is $35k and that's kinda the range that 2018-2020 F150's with 40k to 60k miles fall into. The four neighbors closest to me all drive F150's and love them. I've borrowed one a couple of times for lumber runs and I love the interior. The cab room especially.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I drive a camaro ss (douchemobile). Not practical, but fun to drive, absolutely not bulletproof. At just over 40k a clicking noise appeared and it turned out it was the valve lifters. Fortunately that happened under warranty (expires in November) but that is completely unacceptable for a car driven the way I drive it and the mileage. There is no way I'm going to own it much longer since I can't trust another major problem after the warranty expires.
Other than classic cars, I have pretty much steered clear of American made vehicles since most are horribly built, dash and interior rattles after 40k-50k, and everything goes wrong after warranty. My personal experience with an exception, I had a Bronco when I was 18-20 (the OJ Bronco) and I absolutely beat the shit out of it. Those were basically F150's without a bed. Other than constant suspension issues (lifted and I brought it to the desert and jumped it and shit), it rarely had issues. My mom has a Cadillac and it has random problems quite often and she's out of warranty, but barely over 40k. I had a Range Rover and it had, well, Range Rover reliability. Very comfortable, refined, and well thought out, but unfortunately not reliable after 75k. I have a BMW 550i and it had zero problems until I hit 80k. Now it's not driven very often. I had a WRX, Supra, and 4Runner and those cars were absolutely bulletproof. Japanese built cars are far superior, in my opinion, to anything built elsewhere. I've had Suzuki and Honda sportbikes and dirtbikes and those were bulletproof as well.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
That's exactly what I'm looking at because my max budget for a truck is $35k and that's kinda the range that 2018-2020 F150's with 40k to 60k miles fall into. The four neighbors closest to me all drive F150's and love them. I've borrowed one a couple of times for lumber runs and I love the interior. The cab room especially.
It's amazing what those F150's go for now if you want new and some bells and whistles. $75k+ and it's not even a raptor. Tough sell, imo.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
2015 Toyota Tacoma, 126,000 miles on it, bought it used 2 years ago for 15k after someone blew a red light and totaled my 2021 Tacoma. Ive never had a Tacoma with major issues except a gen1 with frame rot. Always a Ford guy cheap and easy to fix at home maybe not so much toady, 67 Mustang GT rag top 302, 1970 F100 3 speed straight6, 74 ranchero 302, drove anything I could get a good deal on growing up. Changed over to Tacos for resale and they off road great here in the tight wooded trails of new hampshire, spend a lot of time off road hauling things ATV, sleds, motorcycles whatever never an issue no trailer needed, down most trails bigger trucks cant fit. Reliable, great on and off road, decent milage, haul or tow most anything i'll ever need, bigger then a ranger but smaller then the F150. I'll probably get what i paid for this tacoma at 200,000k when im ready to change up

Jamie999

Aug 13, 2024
Drive an Audi Q5 right now. Everyone shits on German vehicles but they really do just drive so much better. It's very difficult to drive anything else after.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
2019 Ram Rebel
97k miles

Absolutely love it. I plan to keep it as long as possible with how much trucks have gone up in recent years.

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024
2023 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range with FSD package

Best car I've owned. The software is incredible.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
What make and model do you drive? Are you a Ford guy? Chevy? Honda? Toyota? Thoughts on Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Infinity, Lexus, Cadillac, Acura?

My wife drives a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum with 132k miles on it. I love it. Has every option imaginable and has been super reliable. I drive a 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 85k miles and it has all the options & has also been super reliable. Our daughter drives a 2017 Honda Accord Sport with 135k miles and it's also been super reliable. Oil changes, tires, and me changing wiper blade, air filters & brake pads when needed. That's about all we've had to do them.

But I do a lot of fishing and I need a truck, and I'd like to get my wife a newer SUV when rates drop. Like to hear who's driving what, and your experiences.
None of your business cop.

Ramon Maroni

Aug 13, 2024
2000 Honda Accord 204K miles, runs like a top
1996 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 100k miles, runs like a top

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I drive a camaro ss (douchemobile). Not practical, but fun to drive, absolutely not bulletproof. At just over 40k a clicking noise appeared and it turned out it was the valve lifters. Fortunately that happened under warranty (expires in November) but that is completely unacceptable for a car driven the way I drive it and the mileage. There is no way I'm going to own it much longer since I can't trust another major problem after the warranty expires.
Other than classic cars, I have pretty much steered clear of American made vehicles since most are horribly built, dash and interior rattles after 40k-50k, and everything goes wrong after warranty. My personal experience with an exception, I had a Bronco when I was 18-20 (the OJ Bronco) and I absolutely beat the shit out of it. Those were basically F150's without a bed. Other than constant suspension issues (lifted and I brought it to the desert and jumped it and shit), it rarely had issues. My mom has a Cadillac and it has random problems quite often and she's out of warranty, but barely over 40k. I had a Range Rover and it had, well, Range Rover reliability. Very comfortable, refined, and well thought out, but unfortunately not reliable after 75k. I have a BMW 550i and it had zero problems until I hit 80k. Now it's not driven very often. I had a WRX, Supra, and 4Runner and those cars were absolutely bulletproof. Japanese built cars are far superior, in my opinion, to anything built elsewhere. I've had Suzuki and Honda sportbikes and dirtbikes and those were bulletproof as well.
Thanks for the takes on BWM 550 and Range Rover.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
2015 Toyota Tacoma, 126,000 miles on it, bought it used 2 years ago for 15k after someone blew a red light and totaled my 2021 Tacoma. Ive never had a Tacoma with major issues except a gen1 with frame rot. Always a Ford guy cheap and easy to fix at home maybe not so much toady, 67 Mustang GT rag top 302, 1970 F100 3 speed straight6, 74 ranchero 302, drove anything I could get a good deal on growing up. Changed over to Tacos for resale and they off road great here in the tight wooded trails of new hampshire, spend a lot of time off road hauling things ATV, sleds, motorcycles whatever never an issue no trailer needed, down most trails bigger trucks cant fit. Reliable, great on and off road, decent milage, haul or tow most anything i'll ever need, bigger then a ranger but smaller then the F150. I'll probably get what i paid for this tacoma at 200,000k when im ready to change up
Appreciate this write up. Looking at Tundra's for me. You're right, they sure do hold their resale value because man they're expensive lol. The only thing I dont really like about Toyota's is they haven't done much to make the interiors 'nicer'.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Drive an Audi Q5 right now. Everyone shits on German vehicles but they really do just drive so much better. It's very difficult to drive anything else after.
This is one my wife likes a lot. How has it been in terms of reliability and little shit going bad here & there?

Jamie999

Aug 13, 2024
This is one my wife likes a lot. How has it been in terms of reliability and little shit going bad here & there?
I only have 90k KM on it. So obviously zero issues so far. Nothing outside scheduled maintenance.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
This my first German car, a vw, and yes.. the fit and finish is night and day. You can feel the chintz and corner cutting on domestic. Very sad.

Revenant

Built to Last
Jan 25, 2020
I've had maybe a dozen Audis, from top to bottom, over the years. Loved them, but when automatic transmissions became the only option and touch screens and push button e-brakes crept in, I bowed out. In fact I have pretty stopped giving a shit about 99.9% of new cars. Now I'm down to an '01 Tacoma and a '90 240sx.

'83 Quattro, '01 S4, '03 RS6.

Audi S5 (2).JPG
2000TT_7.jpgA3 Gulfport.jpg