Mackenzie Dern: ‘I can guarantee’ I won’t miss weight again

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
So no more twerking on the beach or....?

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
In all seriousness though, she made a poor choice and owned it, admitted to just partying and not training, and it costed her financially and in the court of public opinion...... She realized the mistake she made, and has vowed to take this career seriously. In a participation trophy society, where the trend is "blame everyone else for your shortcomings" (looking at you JJ), I'm glad she is owning it, and making the proper steps to correct it. Now it's on her, let's see if she's good for her word here.
I'm glad she's owning up to her mistake, but she still should go up to Flyweight for at least one fight.

She's missed the 115 limit twice now in five attempts, and this last one wasn't a narrow miss, she was basically a Flyweight who came in a bit light. Most UFC Flyweights of either gender could make 123.4 for their next fight if they were asked to, and apparently that was as low as she could go. If she goes up for a fight, and then does a documented practice cut to 116 with a doctor's recommendation that she could safely fight at Strawweight, then let her back into Strawweight. But until then, she shouldn't be rewarded for failure.