Marvel's The Punisher

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I blame the influence of the flu but against better judgement I finished the season. Didn't get any better for me.

A super extended version of a poor man's John Wick.
I blame the influence of the flu for your judgment thinking it didn't get any better.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Haven't read anything in the thread.

Is it worth watching? The marvel tv series have been pretty lacklustre lately.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Haven't read anything in the thread.

Is it worth watching? The marvel tv series have been pretty lacklustre lately.
Very worth watching. I think it's my favourite, I only watched a couple of episodes of Iron Fist before giving up so I've not seen them all.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
The action and the story gets more intense further into the season. Some of you have ADHD or something. Every scene in a season long series can’t be action packed.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The action and the story gets more intense further into the season. Some of you have ADHD or something. Every scene in a season long series can’t be action packed.
Jon Bernthal described it as being a "13 hour long movie" which fits appropriately if you think about the pacing.

Ghost_of_my_Sex_Life

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Oct 24, 2015
I'm thru 6 episodes so far and love it. Lots of focus on PTSD which I like. He is not quite the badass we have seen before. At least not yet. Hopefully he gets his vest back soon.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just started a marathon, made it to 5 or 6, really liked where it was going then it began to plateau & get wimpier/less defined.
Then I talked to my brother, he said first I gotta see Daredevil, then Iron Fist, Jessica Jones etc.etc.

I can't do all that man, I just wanna see some ass whoopin by Punisher.
I knew his best friend was his worst enemy...think I'm done.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
You really only have to watch like the last half of the season.
Thats when it starts to pick up.

I think most people thought it was going be like a hard hitting action flick.

But the series is more of a drama action type of thing.

Character development with great action scenes etc.

To me it defines the action and makes it more exciting but to others i can see how it would be boring.

I liked it and can't wait for the second season.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I've heard that they plan on adapting the Punisher Max: The Slavers for season 2. That's a pretty rough story. I'd like to see how they do it.
That has good potential given that it's free of micro and away from the "beaten path" so to speak.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did you watch the first season?
I saw the season with shane from WD season 1

I think that is the only comic book show/movie I have finished out of all of the recent ones...I liked how dark it was

still not sure what micro or beaten path is...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I saw the season with shane from WD season 1

I think that is the only comic book show/movie I have finished out of all of the recent ones...I liked how dark it was

still not sure what micro or beaten path is...
Micro was the computer nerd dude that helped him, but reunited with his family at the end of the first season. In the comics he was kind of like Punishers right hand man, but there were some stories where he wasn't around, or was a badguy, but I digress. At the end of the first season the government group very clearly told Punisher to lay low, right?

While the slavers story line is basically about breaking up a Russian sex trafficking ring. So it's a storyline they could explore that would let him not need Micro's help, and also be on the DL from the feds.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Micro was the computer nerd dude that helped him, but reunited with his family at the end of the first season. In the comics he was kind of like Punishers right hand man, but there were some stories where he wasn't around, or was a badguy, but I digress. At the end of the first season the government group very clearly told Punisher to lay low, right?

While the slavers story line is basically about breaking up a Russian sex trafficking ring. So it's a storyline they could explore that would let him not need Micro's help, and also be on the DL from the feds.
right on