Member AMA with @FeeO on 08/30/15

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
There isn't a sense of general contempt here. I'm sure you can earn scorn pretty quickly, male or female, if you act like a fool, but there's not that sense of fresh meat when you show up, like everyone's just waiting to rip you up, and that does go double if you're female, often. There's basic respect here, a high standard for intelligence, debate, and humour.

But I do think some people have an unrealistic and controlling idea of what a forum or the internet should be like. Some posters who are going to feel alienated everywhere because they want to sanitize what others say or look at or believe. Some people want to be rejected into martyrdom, and it's particularly encouraged in women to see victimization everywhere, which I find an oddly sexist and disempowering thing in itself.

This forum scores very high, for me, on respect for reason.
I never thought of it that way and you are 100% on the money. There are some here that have the tendency to be dramatic o_O but mean no harm while some others seek to garner the attention of female members like it's their due.

When they don't get it you can see the petty dismissal in their responses in some posts but overall the men here actually enjoy women.

Non Pervy enjoy our humor, opinions on & off topic, our individuality, and respect is overwhelming vibe.

We can joke about sex & not be considered a whore, have differing opinions and not be dismissed as silly.

Bunch of punks :)

Last edited:

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Never had career aspirations, really, except writing. Mostly I just wanted to find a way to make sense of life, why it seemed so easy for other people to navigate and connect emotionally while I always felt like some replicant."

Do you still write FeeO @FeeO?
Yep, I do it professionally-- manuals, menus, brochures, corporate docs, etc.-- and I've published short stories in a few minor Canadian literary magazines. I'd like to write an MMA novel but it's slow going.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Yep, I do it professionally-- manuals, menus, brochures, corporate docs, etc.-- and I've published short stories in a few minor Canadian literary magazines. I'd like to write an MMA novel but it's slow going.
Autobiography of a fighter or fiction?

Do any MMA writing?

Have you checked out that fuckass site Boring Women on MMA? (Men write there and that offends me deeply).

Do you have time to co host an occasional audio only female podcast with fighter guests?

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
How did you meet Mr FeeO?
Did you want a boy or a girl before you got pregnant?
What do you do for money? (Hope it's not strange o_O)
He and I went to elementary school together. Didn't know each other very well but knew who each other were. Ran into one another many years later on a ball-hockey team in Vancouver. He was still nice, handsome, and an uncommonly good athlete. I was an uncommonly aggressive defenseman.

Didn't mind one way or the other. Both terrified me equally.

Content writing. Not strange but no one's asked me to write anything too weird yet.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Autobiography of a fighter or fiction?

Do any MMA writing?

Have you checked out that fuckass site Boring Women on MMA? (Men write there and that offends me deeply).

Do you have time to co host an occasional audio only female podcast with fighter guests?
Fiction. The MMA fiction I've read is quite clinical, too focused on technique for pages. Technique is great and necessary but I'm fascinated by all the insanity that goes on around the fight, the politics, the physical asceticism, the things that make a fight beautiful or hideous, the chemistry between fighters. That said if Nick Diaz needs a ghostwriter-- though I hope he doesn't, because his own free-flowing autobiography would be a thing of majesty-- I'd do it for free.

Nah, I'm no good at the non-fiction aspects of it. Not good at journalism in general. I want to add too much that isn't fact.

I haven't checked out that site but will.

I wouldn't be a good podcaster-- I speak too fast, and digress too much, but I'm a very good researcher, pattern-spotter and data-collector, if you ever need help acquiring background or thinking up questions.

Last edited:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
What is your most embarrassing moment?

If you could go back in time what is one thing you would change in your life?

Favourite food?
Favourite restaurant?

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015

Favourite food?
Favourite restaurant?
1. I was hired for a summer to do some research at the local college, working in a section of the English Department that was housed separately from the main campus. It was made up of a few small rooms. At the same time, a building crew was doing repairs to the roof. I was alone in an office deep in reading when I realised I was going over the same sentence over and over and it was making no sense. So I apparently got up, staggered into the meeting in the next small room, bellowed "I AM PEACING YOU ALL OUT" at a bunch of academics, and lurched outside through the fire door (fortunately the alarm was disabled), where I dry heaved into some juniper bushes for awhile.

The building crew was using sealant improperly and the fumes had somehow seeped into the office I was working in. Everyone saw the humour in it, happily for me, but I cringe every time I think of it. I wasn't a good fit for academia anyway.

2. Fried chicken cooked in a cast-iron pan.

3. There's this diner in Vancouver called the Templeton that's my favourite place to eat.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015

Favourite food?
Favourite restaurant?
Oops, forgot 2.

The night my best friend died he said he was okay to drive and I insisted he wasn't but I didn't stop him. I'd find a way to stop him.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Who's your favourite mma fighter?

Which fighter would intimidate you the most if you met them in person?

How did you start following mma?

Whos sexier, Rockhold or Condit? (slight homo)

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Does your mother in law throw down when cooking egg rolls with the see through noodles? Them shits FIRE
She died when my husband was a teenager, but by all accounts she made great Chinese food. His sister makes fantastic Chinese food too.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Who's your favourite mma fighter?

Which fighter would intimidate you the most if you met them in person?

How did you start following mma?

Whos sexier, Rockhold or Condit? (slight homo)
1. Nick Diaz. I love his ferociousness, eccentricity, loyalty, and insistence on getting his. (No more driving drunk, Nick!) Also adore Joanna Champion.

2. Ronda Rousey, War Machine, or, if I had a pocket full of money or an invention I didn't want stolen, Chael Sonnen.

3. My grandfather ran a little boxing gym. My brother and I were raised by him for a few years. Boxing was just something around all the time, and I thought it was cool, but didn't love it like my brother did. Then BroO got me into watching these crazy fights on VHS and later other stuff out of Japan. i couldn't believe what I was watching, and the unpredictability made my heart race like boxing never did. The personalities are so compelling, too.

4. Eh, neither of them really do it for me. They're both handsome guys, just...I'll take prime Shogun, thanks.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Other than soccer/football what other sports did you participate in?

Why did your grandfather raise you and BroO for a few years?

Any family dysfunction growing up?

What are your main insecurities and what have you tried to overcome them?

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Other than soccer/football what other sports did you participate in?

Why did your grandfather raise you and BroO for a few years?

Any family dysfunction growing up?

What are your main insecurities and what have you tried to overcome them?
1. I didn't, really. I'm tenacious but graceless. My grandfather made us do pushups every morning and we went running and spent time sparring (never each other) and hit bags, and I still exercise regularly out of that lifestyle, but I'm not really an athlete.

2. My father was (is) a drunk and drug addict, and my mother left him when we were small. She was very young and had a lot of stuff going on, working a lot, and my grandparents took us. It was very happy there. Then my parents got back together and we went back home.

3. I probably answered this above. Haven't talked to my father for years, no point. Close to my mother now. My brother and I are straight Diaz bros. for life.

4. I'm quick-tempered and prone to anxiety. For example, I hate to fly. I'm doing my best to think less about shit I can't control. I also have a hard time backing down if someone tries to bully me or condescend to me.

Last edited: