Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i used to be able to right click, copy image, then paste it right into the reply box....
now i cant
Discussed here. Sorry for the trouble.

it's the worst part of the upgrade by far
I have an entire thread dedicated to making sure things are tweaked for you. Stop peeing into the wind my friend.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
neither of us are talking about saving images

We want to copy and paste them straight into the reply box rather than having to copy the url, open the insert image option, paste the URL, then press the insert button. If you can't handle some negativity in a feedback thread you're going to hate the coming months :D

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
neither of us are talking about saving images

We want to copy and paste them straight into the reply box rather than having to copy the url, open the insert image option, paste the URL, then press the insert button.
In that case we have already discussed it in this thread. I'm hoping to find a solution.

If you can't handle some negativity in a feedback thread you're going to hate the coming months :D
That's not what's happening.

As I said, I have a thread here so I can give you answers if you want them. I can't answer 10 different places randomly finding your posts.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
In that case we have already discussed it in this thread. I'm hoping to find a solution.

That's not what's happening.

As I said, I have a thread here so I can give you answers if you want them. I can't answer 10 different places randomly finding your posts.
it wasn't a new suggestion so doesn't matter where it was posted, but anyway.....

I support the damn upgrade Splinty, you're doing god's work, and I've been praising this forum tech for the last 5yrs. I haven't brought many people here but I've brought a few and almost entirely promoted by the work you do, it's just hard to prise them away from sherdog.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Honestly my only problem is the copy/paste thing. Was so intuitive.

I used to pay for that feature on OG and here it was free and even easier.

Other than that, it is very solid.

If Copy Paste doesn't come back it will probably cut my visual postings to 25% or less of what I normally do

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My only complaint is the new version insists on logging me off every time I navigate away from the forum on my phone, despite me clicking the “remember me” box. Am I just a dumbass and there is a “keep me logged in” option that I am missing, or is the site passive aggressively trying to get me to leave?
The issue is 99% change your cache. Please help others with this knowledge. SuperPig @Willthiswork , Atto @Atto, and Sex Chicken @Lips & Lungs have seen the same thing...

For anyone else skimming this thread.

You can clear your cache (must make sure you really clear it fully).

Or you can change your password (changing password breaks security links to the old site forcing a new session and seems to be an accidental fix here even though the caching is the real problem).

Technical:
The issue appears to be the site grabbing old images from the old site (same image and location but cached with the old site login security and session). When you change pages it sometimes is grabbing your old site session (cached) and sometimes grabbing your new site session data. When it sees a new user (new you vs old you session) it logs you out.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
The issue is 99% change your cache. Please help others with this knowledge. SuperPig @Willthiswork , Atto @Atto, and Sex Chicken @Lips & Lungs have seen the same thing...

For anyone else skimming this thread.

You can clear your cache (must make sure you really clear it fully).

Or you can change your password (changing password breaks security links to the old site forcing a new session and seems to be an accidental fix here even though the caching is the real problem).

Technical:
The issue appears to be the site grabbing old images from the old site (same image and location but cached with the old site login security and session). When you change pages it sometimes is grabbing your old site session (cached) and sometimes grabbing your new site session data. When it sees a new user (new you vs old you session) it logs you out.
Thanks for the answer and for moving this to the right thread (I had not seen the q/a). I will clear Tuesday cache and see if that fixes it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Have you guys cleared your cache on these devices?
I've been logged in continuously on mobile for a week and then since the move.

This is going to sound really stupid, but open an incognito tab and run like that for a little. It should keep you logged in.
If it does, the issue is your old history and cookies.

Also what device are you using?
Not enough RAM. I've had no issues ?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
basically a new way of calling someone a pussy, got it, cheers.
If you click on a rating count you will get a pop-up showing the list of who has rated that post and with what. On that pop-up it shows you the name of each rating received.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
If you click on a rating count you will get a pop-up showing the list of who has rated that post and with what. On that pop-up it shows you the name of each rating received.
I can't remember which thread I am supposed to report issues in, but will check it's still an issue shortly

was showing wrong rating icons for some of the ratings on our "ratings received page"

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can't remember which thread I am supposed to report issues in, but will check it's still an issue shortly

was showing wrong rating icons for some of the ratings on our "ratings received page"

Just checked and it looks okay on my end. Let me know if it's still an issue.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty this isn't particularly about the upgrade but more so a problem that is still around after the upgrade - any idea why so many devices post pictures sideways? Tbh I don't know of any device that correctly posts vertical photos taken by a smart phone camera.

I usually just crop the photo slightly and then it posts upright. I've also heard that pictures taken with the phone turned sideways don't come out sideways. You've mentioned to me before that it was an issue with our phones. If that's the case then it's an issue with a lot of phones.

I believe this is fixed.
Try it out please

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
look! look at the scratch on his hand! he has been scrambling through bushes, that guy's definitely a fucken peeping Tom. knew it.