General More Climate Change BS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
That guy is as corrupt as they come. Look at who has funded him and heartland.

He is arguing that a global temperature trend is proven false by a single month in a small faction of the globe. That is retarded.
I don’t know the guy in the tweet. What I do know as an indisputable fact though, the US is the only country in the world with a documented history of tracking weather & temperature long term. Most other countries are 100yrs behind & many are more than that not beginning until post WW2(some European countries still hadn’t caught up by the 1980’s). Besides the US, everyone else is a forecast based off of our data.

NOAA is on the floor directly below mine at work if that makes any difference.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don’t know the guy in the tweet. What I do know as an indisputable fact though, the US is the only country in the world with a documented history of tracking weather & temperature long term. Most other countries are 100yrs behind & many are more than that not beginning until post WW2(some European countries still hadn’t caught up by the 1980’s). Besides the US, everyone else is a forecast based off of our data.

NOAA is on the floor directly below mine at work if that makes any difference.
He is a guy who is paid to spew propaganda. Most notably, by Phillip Morris and ExxonMobil.

Let's put aside the debate as to whether is a corrupt shill or an honest actor and look at that tweet insolation.

He is using their data, so its reasonable to use their data as a rebuttal.

The graph he showed looks like a bunch of up and downs to the naked eye. But if you run a regression, the trendline temperature is increasing on the very graph he used. He purposely left that out since it defeats his "america isn't warming" lie.

And the truth is worse for the globe as a whole. The USA constitutes under 2% of the earth's surface.

Using the same data as him, that source clearly states that April was the 4th hottest April for the globe in the 174 years on record.

1684428021421.png

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He is a guy who is paid to spew propaganda. Most notably, by Phillip Morris and ExxonMobil.

Let's put aside the debate as to whether is a corrupt shill or an honest actor and look at that tweet insolation.

The graph he showed looks like a bunch of up and downs to the naked eye. But if you run a regression, the trendline temperature is increasing on the very graph he used. He purposely left that out since it defeats his "america isn't warming" lie.

And the truth is worse for the globe as a whole. The USA constitutes under 2% of the earth's surface.

Using the same data as him, that source clearly states that April was the 4th hottest April for the globe in the 174 years on record.

View attachment 86120
Isn't that just using one month of data as well?

I think we need to take big step back and literally fuck our own face.

- I'm not a scientist so my observations and recommendations are not professional advice

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

View attachment 86120
We are still coming out of an ice age so warming, to some extent, is to be expected.

I also posted links to weather.gov so people can track areas in the US historical data. Global data is calculated from US records as we have been the sole country to track specific data since the 1800’s(and on a smaller scale back to the 1700’s). US data is the only source of actual information so the “world” values should be excused.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Isn't that just using one month of data as well?

I think we need to take big step back and literally fuck our own face.

- I'm not a scientist so my observations and recommendations are not professional advice
Corrupt Steven used a single month of data on America to suggest that GLOBAL warming is a hoax, despite it being the fourth hottest april globally in 174 years of aprils on record according to the site that he himself is quoting.

You dont see how thats retarded?

And yes, a single month of data can be an outlier, but the ten hottest years have all occurred this century

And no offense, but most of us are out of the game. So if you want to remain in denial, so be it. But Thuglife is one of the only people here who might still be doing young people things

So the hidden message behind my first post was actually just friendly advice that being a climate change denier in 2023 is a recipe for disaster with the pool of hotties because the younger generation isnt as ignorant as we were and are.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
, but the ten hottest years have all occurred this century

So the hidden message behind my first post was actually just friendly advice that being a climate change denier in 2023 is a recipe for disaster with the pool of hotties because the younger generation isnt as ignorant as we were and are.
The ten hottest years on record have all been since 2010.
(You should know that, you are younger than me. Lol)

And you present the best of arguments, too.....

“Believe climate change so you can pick up younger hotties.”

I’ll allow it.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
Lol same here. I think it’s more bullshit politicians made up to launder our tax money into their pockets.
That’s pretty much accurate. Prior to CV19, my 0745 meeting would have many groups attend in person. Climate forecasters would be among them. When asked directly why their publicly posted information contradicts our own internal measurements their responses were “we have a moral obligation to drive & enforce policy”.

If someone wants to have a conversation about pollution & air/water quality, we can have an intelligent discussion. If one wants to push man made climate change, I’m going to look at you either as someone that blindly believes the media or has another agenda to push.

Like I previously stated, we are still emerging from an ice age. We’re going to have both hot & cold extremes along the way. When government starts to “regulate climate” due to, largely, a singular gas that isn’t even the major cause of warming, you’re looking at a totalitarian beginning.

And just so everyone understands, water vapor is the largest contributor to warming, not CO2. CO2 is the life blood of earths plant life & has naturally been FAR higher than current levels.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don’t think anyone is a ‘climate change’ denier. Lol
I used to be a manmade climate change denier. I was so pissed at the pundits who had been lying to me and at myself for being so willfully ignorant. (Mainly 770FM. Mark Levin. Maybe Hannity too)

How many conversations did I speak up in and sound like a moron?

Tbh, probably not many. I couldn't even tell you if my past gfs were dems or Republicans with the exception of one hardcore conservative who I went to a Bush rally with in 2004. I was mainly into gym, tan, and laundry. Getting drunk and dancing the night away. My friends never talked politics or social issues.

But im sure I mentioned it here or there, and knowing me, i probably said something like "how could scientists measure the temperature around the entire world. That's retarded!" in an arrogant voice.

The irony

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
That’s pretty much accurate. Prior to CV19, my 0745 meeting would have many groups attend in person. Climate forecasters would be among them. When asked directly why their publicly posted information contradicts our own internal measurements their responses were “we have a moral obligation to drive & enforce policy”.

If someone wants to have a conversation about pollution & air/water quality, we can have an intelligent discussion. If one wants to push man made climate change, I’m going to look at you either as someone that blindly believes the media or has another agenda to push.

Like I previously stated, we are still emerging from an ice age. We’re going to have both hot & cold extremes along the way. When government starts to “regulate climate” due to, largely, a singular gas that isn’t even the major cause of warming, you’re looking at a totalitarian beginning.

And just so everyone understands, water vapor is the largest contributor to warming, not CO2. CO2 is the life blood of earths plant life & has naturally been FAR higher than current levels.
Do you think NASAs chart of CO2 is wrong?

1684449294093.png

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I rarely do this but I'm going to answer with another question. Do you think we currently have the highest CO2 levels or has there been higher CO2 levels and extensive life on Earth?

Like many other charts, selective editing is common practice.
Based off that chart, NASA claims that we have the highest levels of co2 in 800,000 years.

What is also concerning is the exponential rise since the industrial revolution.

I used to be a denier, but in hindsight it makes sense. Humans have manufactured so much over the last hundred years or so. And it required energy to do so.

Although it is marvelous, it came and comes at a cost.

That is why I believe we should be focused on transitioning away from coal and fossil fuels towards nuclear and other sources of energy

1684455239776.png

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
Based off that chart, NASA claims that we have the highest levels of co2 in 800,000 years.

What is also concerning is the exponential rise since the industrial revolution.

I used to be a denier, but in hindsight it makes sense. Humans have manufactured so much over the last hundred years or so. And it required energy to do so.

Although it is marvelous, it came and comes at a cost.

That is why I believe we should be focused on transitioning away from coal and fossil fuels towards nuclear and other sources of energy

View attachment 86128
I'm getting ready to hit the road so this will be short.

Water & ice absorb CO2. The best way to check temps with CO2 levels is to make that comparison. Doing that you will find we are in a normal temp range for levels. You'll also be able to see large swings in historic values (far past 4,000ppm let alone 400ppm) as ice has melted and refrozen(trapping CO2 again).

As far as pollution. I'm not going to argue. I agree that we can have an intelligent discussion there. I do believe we are going about it incorrectly but that's part of a separate discussion.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Corrupt Steven used a single month of data on America to suggest that GLOBAL warming is a hoax, despite it being the fourth hottest april globally in 174 years of aprils on record according to the site that he himself is quoting.

You dont see how thats retarded?

And yes, a single month of data can be an outlier, but the ten hottest years have all occurred this century

And no offense, but most of us are out of the game. So if you want to remain in denial, so be it. But Thuglife is one of the only people here who might still be doing young people things

I only pointed out you both were using a single month.

I don't know what "out of the game" means...

I'm not a climate change denier, Climate has never remained constant. It is always changing, it will always be changing. What is causing the change? Well previously cooling and warming was thought to be due to natural cycles of solar, volcanic activity, impact from meteor/comet/etc... I'm not convinced that humans are driving the change right now, at least to the extent we are being told.

If we literally take a step back from being alarmed over a single month, or a single year, or a single decade, or single century...we are left looking at a very large equation with numerous variables and inputs that cause the change.

Also I don't know what young people things means...

I also don't think the younger generation is "less ignorant", what brings you to that conclusion? My observations don't jive with that line of thinking.

Hope your doing well, always enjoy shooting the shit with ya.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I only pointed out you both were using a single month.

I don't know what "out of the game" means...

I'm not a climate change denier, Climate has never remained constant. It is always changing, it will always be changing. What is causing the change? Well previously cooling and warming was thought to be due to natural cycles of solar, volcanic activity, impact from meteor/comet/etc... I'm not convinced that humans are driving the change right now, at least to the extent we are being told.

If we literally take a step back from being alarmed over a single month, or a single year, or a single decade, or single century...we are left looking at a very large equation with numerous variables and inputs that cause the change.

Also I don't know what young people things means...

I also don't think the younger generation is "less ignorant", what brings you to that conclusion? My observations don't jive with that line of thinking.

Hope your doing well, always enjoy shooting the shit with ya.
The less ignorant is in reference to younger generation having access to information that we didn't have due to the internet

Good and bad information

I'm going to tap out. We can agree to disagree on the topic.

For what's its worth, young people things referred to all those Filthy animals that go bar hoping, parties, etc looking for mates for the night.

My guess is that most girls in their 20s would consider climate change denial a red flag, no pun intended