Sports NFL 2022-2023 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It sounds like it's a bit harsh to lay the blame at Carroll's feet for that.
He was in charge.
Pretended he didn't know anything.

Basically gave them a death penalty and skipped away to the NFL.

I don't know. I'm biased. I can usually read people pretty well and I think he's a prick.

Plus - he chews gum like a cow.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He was in charge.

I don't know. I'm biased. I can usually read people pretty well and I think he's a prick.

he's like Lou Holtz, ran a dirty program everywhere he went.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
He was in charge.

By the sounds of it, you should dislike every college coach from that time, because they were all complicit. Hell, I remember a documentary about a college football star from the 1980s who was saying how he got a car for free, and his grandmother was bought a small house as a way to tempt him to attend a certain college. I reckon most college coaches for many decades were aware of the reality.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
By the sounds of it, you should dislike every college coach from that time, because they were all complicit. Hell, I remember a documentary about a college football star from the 1980s who was saying how he got a car for free, and his grandmother was bought a small house as a way to tempt him to attend a certain college. I reckon most college coaches for many decades were aware of the reality.
I think you have your years a little jacked up, because that sounds exacrly like what went down at USC with Reggie Bush, Pete Carrol and Reggie's Grandma.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
LoL. No, the guys who ran successful dirty programs were the only ones saying "everybody is doing it"

Tom Osborn and his ilk.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
I think you have your years a little jacked up, because that sounds exacrly like what went down at USC with Reggie Bush, Pete Carrol and Reggie's Grandma.
Nope, I looked it up - this one was about Marcus Dupree, who was a college star drafted by a team in the USFL after his sophomore year.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Changing the subject, I saw a thread over on the OhGee about "Most overrated QB in the NFL."

The OP stated Kyler Murray, fair choice IMO given the huge contract he signed. Others saying Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, I can see both of those too.

Two others that multiple posters have been mentioning caught my eye though - Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert.

WTF?

If i was just one poster saying it I'd brush it off as a hater or a troll, but both got several mentions, especially Herbert. It seems bizarre to me.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
LoL. No, the guys who ran successful dirty programs were the only ones saying "everybody is doing it"

Tom Osborn and his ilk.
tom osborne the goat. something your racist coach will never be known as. how many former players signed that letter? 60?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Changing the subject, I saw a thread over on the OhGee about "Most overrated QB in the NFL."

The OP stated Kyler Murray, fair choice IMO given the huge contract he signed. Others saying Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, I can see both of those too.

Two others that multiple posters have been mentioning caught my eye though - Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert.

WTF?

If i was just one poster saying it I'd brush it off as a hater or a troll, but both got several mentions, especially Herbert. It seems bizarre to me.
Makes no sense. If anything, both have far exceeded expectations so early in their careers.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Has there ever been an exciting Giants/Cowboys game? Fuck me what a boring game.

NFC East sucks.

I'm going to bed.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
bulshit. im close to not watching nfl anymore. done watching nba years ago because of the refs and now the nfl has gotten just as bad.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why did the Dallas offense forget about Noah Brown after the first series? He's the only receiver who can catch tonight.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
bulshit. im close to not watching nfl anymore. done watching nba years ago because of the refs and now the nfl has gotten just as bad.
woke reffing

The offensive and defensive PI calls before and shortly after halftime were both super sensitive bullshit

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Why did the Dallas offense forget about Noah Brown after the first series? He's the only receiver who can catch tonight.
never heard of him
QB seems to throw a good ball and has some poise for a young dude

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
College is just as bad. They're so concerned about 'protecting the QB' and targeting that it's made the game virtually unwatchable.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He was their leading WR last week and had a couple of nice catches the first series tonight. They havent went back to him since.
Nice
they need more targets

I am not hearing names because I am watching manning bro commentary, plus i missed first drive or two