Sports NFL 2024-25 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
West coast best for football, starts at 10am ends by 8:30-9

UFC starts at 7, over 10-10:30

Couldn't imagine having UFC or primetime football finishing past midnight
That's perfect. You could have a dinner reservation after a game if you wanted

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Someone just needs to sign Burfict for a week when they're playing the Chiefs.

Mahomes needs to take a sideline hit to recondition his bullshit of cutting back after the defense lets off.
100%

It's not brilliant or sly like Collinsworth likes to claim. It's bullshit. He knows he isn't going to get blasted so he sideline dances for 10 extra yards after it's obvious the defense has lightened up. If I was a LB I'd knock that cocksucker into next week. Fuck him.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Well, he's the only one who pussy foots it as well.
It's faggotry

It's the same thing as fake sliding...which they have made illegal
While we are discussing Mahomes faggotry, can we take a moment and talk about that gay signal he makes with his left hand after a play when he wants everyone to huddle up? I can't be the only one who gets annoyed as hell with that gay ass shit.

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024
100%

It's not brilliant or sly like Collinsworth likes to claim. It's bullshit. He knows he isn't going to get blasted so he sideline dances for 10 extra yards after it's obvious the defense has lightened up. If I was a LB I'd knock that cocksucker into next week. Fuck him.
You really feeling the Bengals window closing up
While we are discussing Mahomes faggotry, can we take a moment and talk about that gay signal he makes with his left hand after a play when he wants everyone to huddle up? I can't be the only one who gets annoyed as hell with that gay ass shit.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
I have not been following Mayo closely as a coach compared to other coaches but calling his players soft to the media seems like a really really stupid this to do.

Someone will have words with him shortly.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
I was thinking about how a few days ago a few of you said the NFL was rigged and what evidence would I need to see outside of money changing hands or someone coming forward from the inside.

If Mahomes challenges/surpasses Brady for most SBs and then after Mahomes starts to fall off we get another QB to be crowned the future goat and do what Mahomes is doing now.

We sent like 40 years of SBs being damn hard to get. It was insane and a big deal that Montana and Bradshaw had 4 SBs. Marino could not get one. Elway was in the goat conversation with a few. Then a unicorn that is Brady came along and changed what we thought was possible and won 7. If Mahomes does the same and then someone else comes after mahomes to me that would be pretty strong evidence of the NFL being rigged.

It would make no sense that we got back to back to back goats after having decades of evidence that one is something really had to get. It would to me show that the elite QB is being propped up.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I was thinking about how a few days ago a few of you said the NFL was rigged and what evidence would I need to see outside of money changing hands or someone coming forward from the inside.

If Mahomes challenges/surpasses Brady for most SBs and then after Mahomes starts to fall off we get another QB to be crowned the future goat and do what Mahomes is doing now.

We sent like 40 years of SBs being damn hard to get. It was insane and a big deal that Montana and Bradshaw had 4 SBs. Marino could not get one. Elway was in the goat conversation with a few. Then a unicorn that is Brady came along and changed what we thought was possible and won 7. If Mahomes does the same and then someone else comes after mahomes to me that would be pretty strong evidence of the NFL being rigged.

It would make no sense that we got back to back to back goats after having decades of evidence that one is something really had to get. It would to me show that the elite QB is being propped up.
NFL loves a narrative, once they pick it they back it if possible.

IMO this got a lot easier with centralized replay and another huge factor is that there is a lot more room for a ticky tack penalty IMO. Player safety calls have increased as there have been more rules put in place for enforcement. Pass interference is called a helluva lot closer than it used to be. Offensive holding seems to be the most powerful penalty to sway a game or attempt to change momentum, it could be called, or not called, every play under the current criteria.

Lotta money on these games and even more money to be made off of a Narrative. I feel like we would be naive to ignore that.

That said I do think if a team completely dominates the trenches it is nearly impossible to rob them of a Victory, but that can be hard to do against the top teams because they are fairly even talent wise.

IMO Brady got a ton of help, Manning got some help in Denver because "comeback", and Mahomes certainly gets a narrative boost.

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024
West coast best for football, starts at 10am ends by 8:30-9

UFC starts at 7, over 10-10:30

Couldn't imagine having UFC or primetime football finishing past midnight
West Coast better for all sports.

MLB goes into extra innings, or NHL playoffs into multiple OT periods, it's not gonna end at 3am local time most likely.

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024

Bradshaw and Montana’s careers over lapped. In the gap between Brady and Montana, Troy Aikman got three rings. It’s not like there have been decades pass where GOAT conversations weren’t considered.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If Tampa’s defense can play like this the rest of the year, they’re serious SB contenders.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
Bradshaw and Montana’s careers over lapped. In the gap between Brady and Montana, Troy Aikman got three rings. It’s not like there have been decades pass where GOAT conversations weren’t considered.
Lol even as a Dallas fan Troy was never in the GOAT debate. He should not even be in the HOF. Hes by far the worst HOF QB.

Point being Mahomes if he presses Brady he blows by Montana. Then the next goat does the same. That would be suspect as we all agreed that getting 1 one hard. Shit people say Eli should be in the HOF for 2 rings.

I'm talking about 3 guys would win 20ish SBs in a very short time relative to the history of the NFL and what we though possible. Montana/Bradshaw 8 would mean very little compart to that hypothetical group.