General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fuck.... is the world coming to an end:

“More than 200,000 north Fort Worth residents are now being urged to boil their water prior to consumption after a power outage at a water treatment plant, the city says.

A city news release on Tuesday said the issue affects 210,000 people in North Fort Worth. Cities that buy water from the plant -- Haslet, Keller, Lake Worth, Northlake, Roanoke, Saginaw, Southlake, Trophy Club and Westlake are being told to boil their water as well.

The issue stemmed from a power outage at the Eagle Mountain Treatment Plant, which provides water to the affected cities. The plant and raw water pump station in the 6800 block of Bowman Roberts Road lost power Monday afternoon and has since experienced multiple outages.”
Thanks for posting this, I've let my parents know.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Fuck.... is the world coming to an end:

“More than 200,000 north Fort Worth residents are now being urged to boil their water prior to consumption after a power outage at a water treatment plant, the city says.

A city news release on Tuesday said the issue affects 210,000 people in North Fort Worth. Cities that buy water from the plant -- Haslet, Keller, Lake Worth, Northlake, Roanoke, Saginaw, Southlake, Trophy Club and Westlake are being told to boil their water as well.

The issue stemmed from a power outage at the Eagle Mountain Treatment Plant, which provides water to the affected cities. The plant and raw water pump station in the 6800 block of Bowman Roberts Road lost power Monday afternoon and has since experienced multiple outages.”
So boil the water...
While not having power?

They should have followed this up with an alert that there is a "no outdoor fire ordinance" to protect against possible wildfires.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Before the temp gets above freezing, make sure you kill the main water line.
An unpressurized broken pipe will leak a little as the ice thaws. A pressurized broken pipe is like having a pressure washer.
Yep, can be the difference between 1-10 gallons and 1000s of gallons

I wouldn't even wait
I would clear off the valve box and git er done

make sure you have the a key or whatever you need to twist that valve...some houses have a valve at the city meter and one inside the house(I have one underneath my house in the crawl space)

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Bunch of slack jawed pussies over there. It gets cold for a bit and y'all cry like little bitches.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Yep, can be the difference between 1-10 gallons and 1000s of gallons

I wouldn't even wait
I would clear off the valve box and git er done

make sure you have the a key or whatever you need to twist that valve...some houses have a valve at the city meter and one inside the house(I have one underneath my house in the crawl space)
I’ll get’er done tomorrow if I can get back over there. Let’s see how bad this snow/sleet/freezing rain thing is tonight.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
We’re fucked.

The news is reporting that we’re about to have natural gas shortages in Texas. Somehow, the natural gas may be “frozen“ in wherever it is stored and the natural gas that many of us heat our houses with may very soon be unavailable.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
this world is fucked beyond repair . this guys first instinct is to make a tiktok vid and not run and shut the power and water off when there is water pouring out of the lights. somehow we lost that part of our psyche that told us "this is real fucking bad" and replaced it with "this would make a good tiktok"
It's probably a rental and the owner told him to get fucked so he's letting the fucking commence.

At least that's what I would do. I am not proud of my character flaws but sometimes I do feel the need to lean into them when I'm really pissed.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Well, still no power. Sun is setting, so I’m about to get the fireplace going again.

I didn’t go, by apparently the two nearby HEB’s had 2-3 hour lines in order to get in for groceries. We still have food, so fuck that.
My wife actually just made a big vat of meaty spaghetti sauce, and having that simmer for a long time actually warmed up the kitchen hah. For now, We’re full and warm enough. Fireplace is a lifeline for sure. I can’t handle too many more nights of fire with how low my supply is getting though.

see what happens tomorrow. We still have water and gas, but water pressure is down a bit.

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
The weak will parish?

Is that scripture?

More congregation for the religion of forgiveness?