General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
M

member 1013

I don’t remember it that way. What I recall is a bunch of us self-sufficient Texans handling the worst that Mother Nature could dish out with grace and ease. We Texans weren’t fazed in the least by this minor cool front.

That’s how I remember this so-called media-manufactured “crisis.”
It was the biggest snow storm in the history of earf itself

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I don’t remember it that way. What I recall is a bunch of us self-sufficient Texans handling the worst that Mother Nature could dish out with grace and ease. We Texans weren’t fazed in the least by this minor cool front.

You know, this is one of the best weeks I’ve had in a long time. Sure, there were some inconveniences and concerns, but I actually had a ton of fun and joy this week. I feel really good.

positives include a break from work, tons of time with my wife and son without distractions, playing in the snow a bunch, helping neighbors get by, etc. I spent most of this week outside doing shit and enjoyed most of it (other than being sore as shit from shoveling and chopping hah)

I’m actually kind of bummed it’s melting today. So far our hose seems to be good, hoping we avoided any damage.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You know, this is one of the best weeks I’ve had in a long time. Sure, there were some inconveniences and concerns, but I actually had a ton of fun and joy this week. I feel really good.

positives include a break from work, tons of time with my wife and son without distractions, playing in the snow a bunch, helping neighbors get by, etc. I spent most of this week outside doing shit and enjoyed most of it (other than being sore as shit from shoveling and chopping hah)

I’m actually kind of bummed it’s melting today. So far our hose seems to be good, hoping we avoided any damage.
Sounds like you handled it like a self sufficient Texan.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Settle down! You had a light dusting of snow by our standards!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Sounds like you handled it like a self sufficient Texan.
Indeed we did. I have to say though that I’m non-native and have experience with winter weather, but I’ve been here for 20 years so I think I’m an honorary Texan at this point hah.

growing up in the Midwest and being an Eagle Scout paid off this week ?

I work out in inclement weather all the time too. Not usually like this, but I have lots of gear and kind of like suiting up for the elements. Bad weather is a chance for fun IMO.

there is no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing choices ?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Indeed we did. I have to say though that I’m non-native and have experience with winter weather, but I’ve been here for 20 years so I think I’m an honorary Texan at this point hah.

growing up in the Midwest and being an Eagle Scout paid off this week ?

I work out in inclement weather all the time too. Not usually like this, but I have lots of gear and kind of like suiting up for the elements. Bad weather is a chance for fun IMO.

there is no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing choices ?
Thanks for not being a pussy , Texas loves you.

M

member 1013

That’s sounds awesome. We got a foot at my house. I think that is by far more snow than many here have ever seen. Where I grew up, it wouldn’t have shut anything down. But it crippled almost everything here.
Yea you guys need to start building things like a first world country down there

maybe regulate your trades and don’t let Mexicans do everything?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yea you guys need to start building things like a first world country down there

maybe regulate your trades and don’t let Mexicans do everything?
You’re not wrong. They don’t prepare for this stuff or spend the extra money when designing/building infrastructure because it’s so rare, but when shit does hit the fan it’s real bad.

out in west texas it rains so infrequently that a lot of places don’t have any storm water/runoff infrastructure. So if they get like 1/4 inch of rain all the roads flood. And they have nothing to deal with it.

l o fucking l