Ok, it's official. Jones is the GOAT.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
most humble and gracious champion as well. great post fight interview with Joe, 2nd best interview ever on the post fight show.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I was thrilled to see Jones beat D.C. BUT you can't be P4P or GOAT as a known cheater. Now GPEDOAT sure.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Who would you put ahead of him? My Top 5, in order.

1) Jones
2) GSP
3) Cormier
4) Fedor
5) Anderson
In your list would have to be GSP. 1 and 5 out with PED suspensions.

wanderlei_sonnen

I want to Fuck Chuck.
Feb 29, 2016
Who would you put ahead of him? My Top 5, in order.

1) Jones
2) GSP
3) Cormier
4) Fedor
5) Anderson
I agree that Jones is the current GOAT. The GOAT argument is kind of silly, there are many MMA fighters that are legends of the sport and they all took very different paths. It's impossible to objectively compare them.

I mean is A. Silva's 16-fight UFC run better than W. Silva's 17-fight Pride run? Maybe. No love for Nick Diaz, who hasn't been finished in 15 years? The actual GOAT list would be so long that it gets impossible to compare so many fights/fighters. IMHO

Edit: Props to Jones. I've always been a hater. His post-fight speech actually seemed sincere. Outstanding work Jon!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
On a personal note I reckon I could knock Jones out. I saw a Chink in his armour and could definitely take him out if I ever had to fight him

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He cuts less than Cormier. Are you talking about someone who's taller than him? Longer reach? Good luck.
It's a Gus thing

Gus is only lhw with that body type

If jones can beat Gus convincingly....then he will be the best lhw ever

His knee kicks are effective against all the former top lhws....chuck...shogun...wand...dc....etc

So damn big at 205...his head appears bigger now...freak show big dude

Finished dc who finished some hws

Impressive stuff....this wasn't a natural 185 he finished, like Chael lyoto or belfort

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If MM goes up and beats a couple of top 10 135'ers, it's hard to argue anybody else belongs above him p4p, ever.

JJ's getting some p4p credit for DC having done that right now. MM actually fought the top guy in the weight class up, before he was the fighter he is now. JJ hasn't done that yet. He's just getting credit p4p-wise for beating the guy a guy that dominated in that class without competing for the belt there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's missing chuck, Tito and Randy. But let's be realistic

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Speak up

Jones beat the lhw goat list and annihilated them for the most part
People seem quick to forget how thin the LHW division has been, and for how long. It's not a secret that

Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen = Middleweights.
Shogun, Rampage = Dominant wins over guys with incredibly high fight mileage.
Gus, Texiera, OSP = decisions.

Want to re-evaluate your case?

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
most humble and gracious champion as well. great post fight interview with Joe, 2nd best interview ever on the post fight show.
lol that post fight interview was the biggest crock of shit i have ever seen.jon jones may be a great fighter but he is fake as fuck

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
lol that post fight interview was the biggest crock of shit i have ever seen.jon jones may be a great fighter but he is fake as fuck
Good Credit Jones. It's also the gimmick he uses when asking someone for permission to date their daughter or when he's getting a bank loan.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
People seem quick to forget how thin the LHW division has been, and for how long. It's not a secret that

Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen = Middleweights.
Shogun, Rampage = Dominant wins over guys with incredibly high fight mileage.
Gus, Texiera, OSP = decisions.

Want to re-evaluate your case?
This is the same tactic all the Fedor haters have used for so many years. It is easy to pick apart the list of opponents all these guys have faced and make a mockery out of it. I can do it with the opponents of Gsp and Anderson too. This is my logic behind my list:

4) Anderson
The reason he is number 4, is because he had losses before joining the ufc, the guys he beat were mediocre and he was also popped for steroids. Having said that, he was one of the most savage fighters ever, a real assassin who had some really entertaining performances.

3) GSP
With only one defeat in his record there is a strong case there. That defeat though was to a very mediocre fighter, and during GSP's prime as well. I can't put him highere than 3 though, because he was boring as hell to watch and was clearly favored by ufc's ruleset. In an environment like Pride he would have had a tough time laying on his opponents and keeping them down for minutes without doing much damage.

2) Jones
He is clearly talented, there is a lot of variety in the skills he possesses and he is entertaining. He has been quite dominant in his division. However, his story is not yet written. Popping for steroids, eye pokes and fighting against people who are much shorter than him are minuses that keep him away from the number 1 spot.

1) Fedor
Not only was he the baddest man on the entire planet for 10 years, he did so while being smaller than the majority of his opponents. And in the most dangerous division there is, the heavyweight division where any punch can potentially knock you out.

- He was not only victorious, he was also an absolute savage. When he entered the ring, you always knew it was with the purpose to kill someone.
- The combination of speed and explosion for his size is still unparalleled to this day. A few days ago someone posted a gif of Weidman ground and pounding Belfort, as if it was an example of good gnp. I thought it was laughable compared to this

- He was never associated with any hostility or douchebagery outside of the ring. Always respectful, always an ideal sportsman.
- Even in the few fights where he won by decision, he mauled his opponents so much that there was no question as to whether he truly won or not.
- During his prime he was excellent in all facets of fighting, stand up, wrestling and jujitsu (or judo/combat sambo as his actual case was). His wins came by way of knock-outs, chokes and arm-bars, Anderson was never a great wrestler. GSP was not superb at stand-up. Only Jon Jones comes close to how complete of a fighter he was.
- The only thing his haters have to say is about the "level of competition". And they do so, 10 years after his reign. As if nowdays the guys gsp and anderson defeated seem like a row of killers. Not to mention that back in the day pride was the number 1 organization and ufc the number 2.

Fedor's only flaw was that he grew old and his mileage in the ring grew too damn much. That happens to all fighters. If Jon Jones manages to remain undefeated in his late 30s, I'll concede he is the goat. I really doubt that though.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
GOAT is an impossible discussion.it is ever evolving. not too many years ago anderson was the best fighter on the planet.look at him now .a few more years back fedor was GOAT.right at this moment in time jon jones is unbeatable.father time will defeat him .he always wins.the big difference between GSP,anderson.fedor etc is jon jones is actively sabotaging himself with actions outside of the ring.we have no idea if jones is going to be the next daryl strawberry .he has all the talent in the world and still finds a way to fuck his career up continually .for jon jones to be truely considered GOAT we have to judge his career as a whole when it is closer to the end.at one time fedor was destroying everyone only to fall later in his career same with anderson.if you judged them in their prime like we are doing to jones it is a much different picture than it is present day. if jones were to retire tomorrow the based on his current accomplishments in the ring then GOAT status would be fair.no one knows what the future brings

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
3) GSP
With only one defeat in his record there is a strong case there. That defeat though was to a very mediocre fighter, and during GSP's prime as well.
You: GSP had a loss in his prime (It was actually 2, both were avenged) Therefore Fedor is the GOAT (got his brains beaten in during his prime and avoided avenging the losses)