Ok, it's official. Jones is the GOAT.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You: GSP had a loss in his prime (It was actually 2, both were avenged) Therefore Fedor is the GOAT (got his brains beaten in during his prime and avoided avenging the losses)

Gsp had too many close fights for me. I actually like the fact he lost to Serra and Hughes because he avenged them good. Towards the end tho he had questionable wins against Carlo, Hendricks, Diaz

Which fair play are good wins but he looked like he had had enough in those fights. It wasn't as dominant as we'd come to expect, and if he comes back he better have gone up a level not down a level (like Anderson did) or he's not in for a good time.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Gsp had too many close fights for me. I actually like the fact he lost to Serra and Hughes because he avenged them good. Towards the end tho he had questionable wins against Carlo, Hendricks, Diaz
Diaz and Condit were not questionable. They were one sided clinics. Hendricks was close, and to be honest I thought Hendricks won, but the results speak for themselves. He walked away with the W even if it wasn't pretty.

if he comes back he better have gone up a level not down a level (like Anderson did) or he's not in for a good time.
If he comes back, it's to fight the champ of a weight class 15 lbs heavier than he ever fought. It's honestly incredible watching the mental gymnastics people do to throw shade on the undeniable GOAT because "He wasn't exciting enough"

GSP's resume: Didn't duck top fighters in his division, didn't fail a PED test, 0 unavenged losses, walked away as champion. Fedor, JBJ, and Anderson will never be able to claim all of those accolades. Shit, most of those guys can't claim 2 of those 4 things.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Jones is just the best fighter in the world, thats why he was able to do what he did.

I was surprised he had very little ring rust, atleast in terms of offense. But DC Landed some good shots, as we all excepted him to be able to do atleast somewhat.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
I was thrilled to see Jones beat D.C. BUT you can't be P4P or GOAT as a known cheater. Now GPEDOAT sure.
Jones hater spotted. USADA Jones already beat his greatest opponent. All these flavors and you chose to be salty.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
People seem quick to forget how thin the LHW division has been, and for how long. It's not a secret that

Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen = Middleweights.
Shogun, Rampage = Dominant wins over guys with incredibly high fight mileage.
Gus, Texiera, OSP = decisions.

Want to re-evaluate your case?
Jones beat the next very best guy in his division every time. And he beat DC twice, who was wrecking havoc at HW before moving down. Go cry about it some more.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
1) Jones
2) GSP
3) McGregor
4) Fedor
5) Anderson

fixed
If Conor beats Mayweather in their boxing match next month, then exhumes the remains of Wilt Chamberlain and beats him in a 1-on-1 basketball match, then he'll be the undisputed GOAT without one lick of doubt.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Gus pretty much beat him last time. And avoiding him again will make sure that doesnt happen again. Stipe would knock him out pretty easy
I'm not disagreeing with you, but avoiding the most competitive fights automatically excludes you from being GOAT.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If Conor beats Mayweather in their boxing match next month, then exhumes the remains of Wilt Chamberlain and beats him in a 1-on-1 basketball match, then he'll be the undisputed GOAT without one lick of doubt.
Still has to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
Definitely an impressive win but he wasn't dominating exactly. I'll have to do a sober re-watch... :D

But I definitely think Gus gives him an equally as hard fight as the first if not a harder fight.

Then Volkan...you just don't know with this guy. He's just a wildcard that we can only doubt for so much longer.

That all said, Jon has definitely proven his greatness...as much as I hate to say it...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Which fair play are good wins but he looked like he had had enough in those fights. It wasn't as dominant as we'd come to expect, and if he comes back he better have gone up a level not down a level (like Anderson did) or he's not in for a good time.
Cause GSP had actual competition.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cause GSP had actual competition.
The point is Jones very rarely has competition, even though he's defeated the elite of 2 generations. He's cut from a different crust. If he lived in Greece 3000 years ago he would have beat the shit outta Hercules

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
even though he's defeated the elite of 2 generations.
GSP also beat the elite of 2 divisions. He also fought in 1 of the 2 sports 2 deepest divisions.

If he lived in Greece 3000 years ago he would have beat the shit outta Hercules
If he lived in Greece 3000 years ago they'd have thrown him into the baby pit. Only would MMA fans look at the least successful athlete of a family and declare him as their God. This shit is embarrassing sometimes.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lhw was the deepest division in the UFC before Jones killed them all.

Nobody could hold the belt. Chuck held it longest and the new breed was too much for him. Jones destroyed them all

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Lhw was the deepest division.
That never happened. People seem to forget the division was criticized for being thin in the days of Tito and Chuck too. The cross section of the population that is eligible for that weight class is minuscule compared to 55 or 70. Bell curve, homie.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That never happened. People seem to forget the division was criticized for being thin in the days of Tito and Chuck too. The cross section of the population that is eligible for that weight class is minuscule compared to 55 or 70. Bell curve, homie.
No. Lhw had a top ten who could all be champ. Look how much it changed hands around that time. Then Jonny showed up