Photoshop thread for tips and advice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
I'd be down for this, would appreciate recorded walk-throughs though since I'm not always online.

I'm pretty much a noob with PS, I can do some stuff out of necessity but it takes me a while since I have to pull out a youtube tutorial first. The amount of things that you can do with PS overwhelms me lol, I'm amazed at people who can do this on the fly.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Learning to use Photoshop now. I've been using After Effects for work for years but never bothered to really learn Photoshop for whatever reason. Doing the Lynda fundamentals course hehe

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok I've had a very busy last two weeks but I'm hoping to get in some PS time over the next two. I'll be hitting up lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale and @MasatoToys any day now.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm good for today I'd say. I'm just messing around with some PS tutorials ATM so hit me up whenever. If today doesn't work no worries man, I don't want to bother.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I'm good for today I'd say. I'm just messing around with some PS tutorials ATM so hit me up whenever. If today doesn't work no worries man, I don't want to bother.
*takes off pants and shirt*

*puts on bath robe*

alright my body is ready.

lets do this.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
*takes off pants and shirt*

*puts on bath robe*

alright my body is ready.

lets do this.
Alright, I'm in my TMNT Gi/PJs. So we can do this via chat or I can make this thread go live and others who want a tutorial in the future can follow along, your call sea mammal.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Alright, threads gonna go live so anybody including myself can refer to it in the future.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
k.. so what are we making here hehe.

like what poster did you want to mimic or have trouble making kind of deal?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
k.. so what are we making here hehe.

like what poster did you want to mimic or have trouble making kind of deal?
Lets just walk through a poster of any sort, if the one that Masato Toys @Masato Toys did is a reasonable start then at least we have a clear finish line. It doesn't have toi be exact but I want to learn things like different fonts, gradients, template size and all that good stuff.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
k so after saving that poster or right clicking on it and going to properties it shows that the size is

647 width x
951 height

So in Photoshop go to:

FILE -> NEW and type in those numbers for the width and height.

Resolution will be 72 since that is the standard for internet graphics.

Background contents - Transparent.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
k so after saving that poster or right clicking on it and going to properties it shows that the size is

647 width x
951 height

So in Photoshop go to:

FILE -> NEW and type in those numbers for the width and height.

Resolution will be 72 since that is the standard for internet graphics.

Background contents - Transparent.
Got it...