Photoshop thread for tips and advice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Lined up yes but I couldn't do that step to show more of the orange layer
yeah? in the screenshot your bottom orange is showing so it looks good. only the bottom is suppose to show.

can you send a screen of how it looks right now. maybe take the paint brush in another layer and explain which part you were trying to move?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
yeah? in the screenshot your bottom orange is showing so it looks good. only the bottom is suppose to show.

can you send a screen of how it looks right now. maybe take the paint brush in another layer and explain which part you were trying to move?
My current state. I thought I needed to have the top 2/3 or so orange?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
so now is the next step. Take the eyedropper tool and take a sample of the Yellow behind Anderson Silva's burito

Then make a new layer use the Paint Bucket Tool to fill it in with that Yellow and then resize it so it takes up that square we made.

It should look like this now:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
use the navigator to zoom in and get it to snap to the line if you feel it off a bit. Cause snapping at a farther distance sometimes doesnt it to snap perfectly.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
so now is the next step. Take the eyedropper tool and take a sample of the Yellow behind Anderson Silva's burito

Then make a new layer use the Paint Bucket Tool to fill it in with that Yellow and then resize it so it takes up that square we made.

It should look like this now:

AHHH...I was trying to make this happen without adding a new layer. I assume its possible but this will work too

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
AHHH...I was trying to make this happen without adding a new layer. I assume its possible but this will work too
its best to put different shapes in different layers so when you screw up you can delete that particular layer and fix it. If you put 2 shapes in one layer it merges them both and so when you use the transform tool to resize them the whole thing gets resized. not just one shape.

also you would have to do both shapes again if you decide to redo.

You can always merge the layers afterwards when are done. and want to consolidate layers.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tough to see there but there are dark brown boundaries on either side.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
looks good.

so now we are going to change the blending style of the orange layer.

click on the orange layer and change the blending style to LINEAR BURN. That should burn that orange with the Paper texture in the back. That will make the orange appear to have a texture. Its at the top in the Layer palette. It says NORMAL right now as the default.

You can switch between NORMAL and LINEAR BURN to see the difference.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
looks good.

so now we are going to change the blending style of the orange layer.

click on the orange layer and change the blending style to LINEAR BURN. That should burn that orange with the Paper texture in the back. That will make the orange appear to have a texture. Its at the top in the Layer palette. It says NORMAL right now as the default.

You can switch between NORMAL and LINEAR BURN to see the difference.
I get this...turns burgundy

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I get this...turns burgundy

whoops wrong layer. Set that back to NORMAL.

We should probably name the layers. Double click on a layer to rename them.

LAYER 3 = YELLOW LAYER
LAYER 2 = BROWN LAYER
LAYER 1 = ORANGE LAYER

Orange layer should be set to LINEAR BURN

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
whoops wrong layer. Set that back to NORMAL.

We should probably name the layers. Double click on a layer to rename them.

LAYER 3 = YELLOW LAYER
LAYER 2 = BROWN LAYER
LAYER 3 = ORANGE LAYER

Orange layer should be set to LINEAR BURN
2 layer 3s?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
easiest way to change the blending layer is in the layer palette rather than double clicking on the layer.