Society Political Memes - Not a Safe Space

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Student loan crisis is a myth.
I dont know what it is like in America but they are a bitch in Canada and I am sure we still have it better.

Way too many predatory schools who are pumping out short term programs with certificates in industries who are way over saturated (less than degree or diploma programs).

A less extreme example, as a teaching degree and certification *will find you some work be it not always in your field)... but here in BC, the current rate of those graduating with a teachers degree is 3-1 over the expected job opportunities.

Shit, ten years later and I am finally out from under my student loan.

If its not too personal, what did you invest into med school ? Did you have to go the student loan route?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I dont know what it is like in America but they are a bitch in Canada and I am sure we still have it better.

Way too many predatory schools who are pumping out short term programs with certificates in industries who are way over saturated (less than degree or diploma programs).

A less extreme example, as a teaching degree and certification *will find you some work be it not always in your field)... but here in BC, the current rate of those graduating with a teachers degree is 3-1 over the expected job opportunities.

The student loan is the new mortgage. Just another bubble waiting to burst. 1.2 Trillion outstanding debt. That will go poof! Call it a myth, call it a funny joke, but we can't claim this is anything close to sustainable. Another bloated industry waiting to crash.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The student loan is the new mortgage. Just another bubble waiting to burst. 1.2 Trillion outstanding debt. That will go poof! Call it a myth, call it a funny joke, but we can't claim this is anything close to sustainable. Another bloated industry waiting to crash.
Again, not sure if its the same, but here in Canada student loan debt is the only debt you cant get wiped off if you go bankrupt.

Or that's what I've heard. I gotta fact check that now that I've typed it out ;)

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Again, not sure if its the same, but here in Canada student loan debt is the only debt you cant get wiped off if you go bankrupt.

Or that's what I've heard. I gotta fact check that now that I've typed it out ;)
Here as well. And I have no problem with that. But the rising cost of tuition are simply putting too much pressure on current and future students. The rising costs are not easily explained away either.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

If its not too personal, what did you invest into med school ? Did you have to go the student loan route?

Yes I took a lot of student loans.Near 250k. We'll talk about it another time.I'll ask you to consider why the average percent of debt for auto loans is essentially the same as student loans, and growing at a faster rate...

New car auto loans have hit in inflation-adjusted all-time high while there is no shortage of cheap entry-level cars.

Will we start calling this the auto loan crisis?

School prices are way up. There's lots of problems but...Millennials are spend happy morons as a generation.

I have lots to say on the matter but no time while shitposting....I'm here to meme!

Even Hitler didn't spend 10% of his income on a new car loan