Poor Helwani

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So, he did what people think he did? lol
I figured this was the case. People just want to be divided. "If you don't think this then you must be....blah blah".
Pretty much. I don't think he went far enough to actually call out the asshats rocking the Nazi flags but for a lot of people who agree with me on this they feel that he went too far by pointing out that some of the asshats that showed up in opposition to the Nazis were there to stir up shit. The Trump fans think he did nothing wrong and focus on the lefty asshats and kind of gloss over the Nazi asshats.

Basically, people getting caught up being asshats due to asshats being asshats.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I don't think he went far enough to actually call out the asshats rocking the Nazi flags but for a lot of people who agree with me on this they also feel that he went too far by pointing out that some of the asshats that showed up in opposition to the Nazis were there to stir up shit.
So Trump politicized his condemnation of the Nazis by emphasizing the role of Antifa. It's strange to me that people are surprised by this. It's like when Obama refused to use the words "radical islam" during one of those attacks. Politicians will be politicians, that doesn't mean they're the personification of Hitler or Khomeini. It just means that their scum all by themselves :)

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony, maybe it's just me & my snowflake tendencies, but I'm not interested in finding common ground with people who support a president that minimizes racism, white supremacy, or Nazis. That bullshit speech he gave the other day was little more than 'whataboutisms' he probably picked up in secret meetings with the Russians.

I bet most of the guys LOL'ing at Ariel are white & don't really have to worry about this shit. I went to see an old grunge band I love, The Melvins, last night. I've heard of emboldened, Trump-loving Nazis acting out. Being that I'm brown & these fucks hate brown people, I spent the first part of the night looking over my shoulder. Then I saw that the band & audience were completely against that POV. Nazi & butt-hurt Trump guys were not welcome. Plus the metal detectors & searches were nice, so none of those bastards go into the show gun-larping in the name of FREE-DUMB.

Regardless of how I or anyone feels, I'd rather avoid Trump all together & focus on MMA, but I guess these things happen in MMA sometimes...

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
And lol @ people that block others simply because they disagree. Or come on a discussion board stating an unwillingness to discuss. That is funny to me.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
*resumes intellectual constraint*
That word "intellectual" -- it doesn't mean what you think it does, bro.

You don't have to come from a good uni, or even any kind of uni, but you have to be able to hang with em, as opposed to thinking not being able to hang means you're special in a good way.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And lol @ people that block others simply because they disagree. Or come on a discussion board stating an unwillingness to discuss. That is funny to me.
I resemble that remark, because I block 4 or 6 people on here, but it's not because they disagree. It's because they're fundamentally attention-starved assholes, deep down, and ain't nobody got time fo dat.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So Trump politicized his condemnation of the Nazis by emphasizing the role of Antifa. It's strange to me that people are surprised by this. It's like when Obama refused to use the words "radical islam" during one of those attacks. Politicians will be politicians, that doesn't mean they're the personification of Hitler or Khomeini. It just means that their scum all by themselves :)
Don't have time to read through thread. He (probably Bannon and Roger Stone) invented this term "alt left" to try and create an equivalency (moral/political/semiotic) between "alt-right," a self-named real "thing," and "alt-left," a creation of the "alt-right" whose intent is to legitimize itself (morally/politically/semiotically), in order to reduce the force of opposition by making the opposition semiotically equivalent to itself (robbing the opposition of superior moral status). It's the POTUS being a tool of the "alt-right," disseminating its intentional "straw-man" equivalency and strategy from the most authoritative post the national institution has.

To downplay that, or overlook the lie, is a mistake, imo.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I don't know Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony, maybe it's just me & my snowflake tendencies, but I'm not interested in finding common ground with people who support a president that minimizes racism, white supremacy, or Nazis. That bullshit speech he gave the other day was little more than 'whataboutisms' he probably picked up in secret meeting with the Russians. I

I bet most of the guys LOL'ing at Ariel are white & don't really have to worry about this shit. I went to see an old grunge band I love, The Melvins, last night. I've heard of emboldened, Trump-loving Nazis acting out. Being that I'm brown & these fucks hate brown people, I spent the first part of the night looking over my shoulder. Then I saw that the band & audience were completely against this shit. Nazi & butt-hurt Trump guys were not welcome. Plus the metal detectors & searches were nice, no none of those bastards go to the show gun-larping in the name of FREE-DUMB.

Regardless of who I or anyone feels, I rather avoid Trump all together & focus on MMA, but I guess these things happen in MMA sometimes...
I understand people being upset about the orange one but the anger towards him is misdirected in my opinion, for he is not the heart of the matter. The divide between the people of your nation and their overbearing unwillingness to agree to disagree for the betterment of the county is the underlying issue. I can see how Trump is a lightning rod for activism but the real culprit is the American people. Everyone seems to want to pick sides or political parties and refuse to make any compromises. Until you all find a way to settle your differences and let go of wrongs done in the past this situation will continue to escalate.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm a Canadian.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
did you miss the day after? all the major news sites are covering it, condemning him after he showed his true colours.

I don't support that narrative ofc because I'm a Pro-Trump Brit, but it would appear he's caused outrage across the world.
Here's his original statement. Time stamped to where he begins.

View: https://youtu.be/fzXxnCL9M0w?t=54s

Cliff Notes:

"We're closely following the terrible events in Charlottesville Virginia" (i.e - this is like 20 minutes after the car ordeal, little facts known)

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms, this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence...on many sides" (Ok, he didn't label it "terrorism" - the thing was still playing out. But he says bigotry and violence right there. He just happens to point out it's happening on both sides. Are Antifa not hateful bigots and violent thugs also? I certainly believe they are...just no one likes to hear that)

"It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It's been going on for a long time" (is he wrong? Racism, bigotry, and violent protests date back hundreds of years. It's just that George Soros wasn't spear heading it and paying protesters when a Democrat was in office. And the MSM (the evil entity CNN specifically) weren't vile shit stirrers that promoted and reported it 24/7/365 like they do now because of they're far left agenda and obvious objective to damage Trump)

"It has no place in America. What's vital now is a swift restoration of law & order and protection of innocent lives" (damn right)

"No citizen should ever fear for their safety & security in our society" (damn right again)

"I just got off the phone with the Governor of Virginia and we both agree the hate and violence must stop, and must stop right now" (damn right again)

"We have to come together as Americans w/ love for our nation, and true affection for each other" (what a horrible concept)

"We have so many good things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very very sad" (sure is)

"I want to salute the local and state law enforcement in Virginia. Great people. Incredible people. And the National Guard who have been working hard and smart. Incredible people." (agreed)

"Federal authorities are also providing tremendous support to the Governor of Virginia. He thanked me for that. And we're here to provide whatever other assistance is needed. We're ready, willing, and able" (so arrogant that Trump)

"We must remember this truth. No matter our color, creed, religion, or political party...we are all Americans first. We love our country, we love our God, we love our flag, we're proud of our country, we're proud of who we are." (what an asshole)

"So we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville and we want to study it. And we want to see what we're doing wrong as a country, where things like this can happen" (how dare he. Wanting to know and understand the facts, so future events like this can hopefully be avoided)

"My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty of this nation and it's citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds and loyalty among one another" (how dare he put any of the burden on the citizens of the United States)

"We must love each other, respect each other, cherish our history and our future together" (oh the madness)

So because he didn't say the words Nazi or terrorism 20 minutes after the car incident happened, and the situation in Charlottesville was still happening...he's a defender of bigotry and racism, and an apologist for the KKK?

WTF did he say (or didn't say) in that statement that has Helwani and everyone else so offended?

Bottom line, people in this country need to stop being brainwashed by the MSM, think for themselves, educate themselves on the facts with an open mind, and stop blaming the President and white America for everything wrong in this country at the moment. I'm white. I wake up every day, work & socialize w/ people of all color and religion, treat people of all color and religion with respect, take care of my family, mind my own business...and I live a relatively peaceful existence. I don't fuck with people and they don't fuck with me. I'm 45 years old and have lived in a diversely populated area all of my life. No fight I was ever in growing up was about race or religion. No friends or enemies I made were influenced by race or religion. And I haven't been in a physical confrontation in 20+ years. These rabble rousers in the KKK, Antifa, and BLM go looking for confrontation and they find it, and I don't feel sympathy for any of them when they do. What I do sympathize is innocent people (like the girl that died) being injured or losing their lives because the idiots on both sides can't accomplish anything peacefully. That is a shame.

Apologies for the FRAT.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
By the way, I always wonder what kind of fucked up do you have to be to be parading around like that. That's some hardcore shit right there. We like to believe that stuff is of the past, and here it is, alive and kicking. Mind bottling.
Like something you would see in a 3rd world country. And it has accomplished absolutely nothing besides giving the MSM more material to fan the flames with. That's what these dumbfucks can't seem to grasp. The MSM is the puppetmaster and they are the puppets.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Here's his original statement. Time stamped to where he begins.

View: https://youtu.be/fzXxnCL9M0w?t=54s

Cliff Notes:

"We're closely following the terrible events in Charlottesville Virginia" (i.e - this is like 20 minutes after the car ordeal, little facts known)

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms, this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence...on many sides" (Ok, he didn't label it "terrorism" - the thing was still playing out. But he says bigotry and violence right there. He just happens to point out it's happening on both sides. Are Antifa not hateful bigots and violent thugs also? I certainly believe they are...just no one likes to hear that)

"It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It's been going on for a long time" (is he wrong? Racism, bigotry, and violent protests date back hundreds of years. It's just that George Soros wasn't spear heading it and paying protesters when a Democrat was in office. And the MSM (the evil entity CNN specifically) weren't vile shit stirrers that promoted and reported it 24/7/365 like they do now because of they're far left agenda and obvious objective to damage Trump)

"It has no place in America. What's vital now is a swift restoration of law & order and protection of innocent lives" (damn right)

"No citizen should ever fear for their safety & security in our society" (damn right again)

"I just got off the phone with the Governor of Virginia and we both agree the hate and violence must stop, and must stop right now" (damn right again)

"We have to come together as Americans w/ love for our nation, and true affection for each other" (what a horrible concept)

"We have so many good things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very very sad" (sure is)

"I want to salute the local and state law enforcement in Virginia. Great people. Incredible people. And the National Guard who have been working hard and smart. Incredible people." (agreed)

"Federal authorities are also providing tremendous support to the Governor of Virginia. He thanked me for that. And we're here to provide whatever other assistance is needed. We're ready, willing, and able" (so arrogant that Trump)

"We must remember this truth. No matter our color, creed, religion, or political party...we are all Americans first. We love our country, we love our God, we love our flag, we're proud of our country, we're proud of who we are." (what an asshole)

"So we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville and we want to study it. And we want to see what we're doing wrong as a country, where things like this can happen" (how dare he. Wanting to know and understand the facts, so future events like this can hopefully be avoided)

"My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty of this nation and it's citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds and loyalty among one another" (how dare he put any of the burden on the citizens of the United States)

"We must love each other, respect each other, cherish our history and our future together" (oh the madness)

So because he didn't say the words Nazi or terrorism 20 minutes after the car incident happened, and the situation in Charlottesville was still happening...he's a defender of bigotry and racism, and an apologist for the KKK?

WTF did he say (or didn't say) in that statement that has Helwani and everyone else so offended?

Bottom line, people in this country need to stop being brainwashed by the MSM, think for themselves, educate themselves on the facts with an open mind, and stop blaming the President and white America for everything wrong in this country at the moment. I'm white. I wake up every day, work & socialize w/ people of all color and religion, treat people of all color and religion with respect, take care of my family, mind my own business...and I live a relatively peaceful existence. I don't fuck with people and they don't fuck with me. I'm 45 years old and have lived in a diversely populated area all of my life. No fight I was ever in growing up was about race or religion. No friends or enemies I made were influenced by race or religion. And I haven't been in a physical confrontation in 20+ years. These rabble rousers in the KKK, Antifa, and BLM go looking for confrontation and they find it, and I don't feel sympathy for any of them when they do. What I do sympathize is innocent people (like the girl that died) being injured or losing their lives because the idiots on both sides can't accomplish anything peacefully. That is a shame.

Apologies for the FRAT.
It's confusing, supposedly people are now resigning from their jobs in protest over Trump's comments about Charlottesville, and even his own staff are trying to distance themselves from the things he said by telling reporters that "was all him" lol.

just reading this article on a more objective news sites and its a clusterfuck with everyone using the bits of his speech that suit their agenda

AP Fact Check: What Trump said about Virginia protesters

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As much as I love this place for MMA, the fact that so many Trump lovers minimize his behavior & his attitudes towards white supremacy grosses me out. No, I'm interested in 'debating' any fallacies, bullshit frames, or getting trapped in any idiotic circular arguments. Anyone who tries that shit will get blocked. I come here for MMA, comics, & that's pretty much it.

But the Trump thing? It's creepy & gross, & I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it.
I'm not defending Trump. He has his flaws. But lets be real. He's been the target of the MSM and far left agenda ever since he went from just some clown that could never win the election, to a threat to the DNC, to President. He's never been given a fair shake by the left, and he never will. What I defend are normal people in this country that just want to live their lives in peace, without all of the bullshit the MSM and these groups are spewing (on both sides). These groups make up probably less than 1% of the population, but this shit is all you see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. The stories are never about policy, employment rates, the economy, etc. It's Russia and this shit 24/7/365. And that turns a lot of people off, and the people that it pisses off begin to argue against it...then they're accused of being Trump apologists, bigots, racists, etc. Normal people in this country can't win for losing.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'm not defending Trump. He has his flaws. But lets be real. He's been the target of the MSM and far left agenda ever since he from just some clown that could never win the election, to a threat to the DNC, to President. He's never been given a fair shake by the left, and he never will. What I defend are normal people in this country that just want to live their lives in peace, without all of the bullshit the MSM and these groups are spewing (on both sides). These groups make up probably less than 1% of the population, but this shit is all you see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. The stories are never about policy, employment rates, the economy, etc. It's Russia and this shit 24/7/365. And that turns a lot of people off, and the people that it pisses off begin to argue against it...then they're accused of being Trump apologists, bigots, racists, etc. Normal people in this country can't win for losing.
Most of those CNN stories don't even have any content, just opinions and ... sensationalism.

aren't Fox news pro-Trump though?

edit: I didn't read your post properly, can ignore that question above

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Most of those CNN stories don't even have any content, just opinions and ... sensationalism.

aren't Fox news pro-Trump though?
Yes, Fox News is the opposite end of the spectrum. They do however tend to use more facts when reporting, and less sensationalism. But they are conservative, no doubt.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Yes, Fox News is the opposite end of the spectrum. They do however tend to use more facts when reporting, and less sensationalism. But they are conservative, no doubt.
Damn!! I didn't edit my post fast enough, I read your post again and realised you said "both sides"

I like that apnews site, I know I can get views from different sides without having to worry if the story is 100% agenda-driven

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I'm not defending Trump. He has his flaws. But lets be real. He's been the target of the MSM and far left agenda ever since he from just some clown that could never win the election, to a threat to the DNC, to President. He's never been given a fair shake by the left, and he never will. What I defend are normal people in this country that just want to live their lives in peace, without all of the bullshit the MSM and these groups are spewing (on both sides). These groups make up probably less than 1% of the population, but this shit is all you see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. The stories are never about policy, employment rates, the economy, etc. It's Russia and this shit 24/7/365. And that turns a lot of people off, and the people that it pisses off begin to argue against it...then they're accused of being Trump apologists, bigots, racists, etc. Normal people in this country can't win for losing.
Let's be real: Yeah you are defending him. You're minimizing because you support him. You sit here trying to 'be real', throw out bullshit about 'the left', MSM, the liberal media, & whatever other talking points you've picked up along the way. If I had the energy, I could easily dissect your post, but I just don't want to.

This is your forum. I'm not gonna argue with you. Like I said, I'm not gonna get into some bullshit or idiotic circular arguments. I though I made that clear before. We know were we stand on this. No need for stupid cyber-drama.

Now, in the spirit of being real, are you gonna respect that? Are you gonna keep pushing this, or can you let it go? If not, can I block you, or do I have to cancel my account? I'm okay with whatever.

Normally I boycott any Trump supporters, which is why I refuse to donate $$$ or buy a shirt to support his place. That being said, I'm a fan of the sport, & except for a few minor things & the Trump bullshit, I like it here. But if you're not gonna let this go, then I don't need this place. You decide. It's your forum.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Let's be real: Yeah you are defending him. You're minimizing because you support him. You sit here trying to 'be real', throw out bullshit about 'the left', MSM, the liberal media, & whatever other talking points you've picked up along the way. If I had the energy, I could easily dissect your post, but I just don't want to.

This is your forum. I'm not gonna argue with you. Like I said, I'm not gonna get into some bullshit or idiotic circular arguments. I though I made that clear before. We know were we stand on this. No need for stupid cyber-drama.

Now, in the spirit of being real, are you gonna respect that? Are you gonna keep pushing this, or can you let it go? If not, can I block you, or do I have to cancel my account? I'm okay with whatever.

Normally I boycott any Trump supporters, which is why I refuse to donate $$$ or buy a shirt to support his place. That being said, I'm a fan of the sport, & except for a few minor things & the Trump bullshit, I like it here. But if you're not gonna let this go, then I don't need this place. You decide. It's your forum.
Let what go?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus, is it obtuse day?!?

Dude...the Trump back & forth thing. For the love of Christ, can we please let this go? I'm not in the mood for this shit.
You and I have always gotten along, both here and the other place. It's why I personally invited you to join us, and why you're here (I think). We agree on a lot of things when it comes to MMA. I apologize for creating this thread, but Helwani shared his opinion on social media for the world to see and he's an important figure in the MMA media. I don't see any harm in debating it. With all due respect, you don't have to click on this thread. I don't think it's necessary to put me on ignore or leave lol. I hope you don't anyway. I rarely mix politics & MMA, and I wouldn't have done so in this instance if Helwani didn't post what he did. So this isn't a common occurrence, and I apologize if anything I've said offended you. I am just giving my opinion on how I see things and the agenda that is clearly out there on both sides. No hard feelings between you and I on this end.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Remember what I said about picking sides and not wanting to compromise?

Wild @Wild wrote a post expressing his opinion, explained his side, spoke of his dissatisfaction with the media, talked about his personal life and how the political situation affects it and did not try to provoke or blame anyone other than the media.

You then came in with 'if you like trump I'm leaving the site'. You can't talk things out if you're unwilling to listen to others.