Poor Helwani

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Remember what I said about picking sides and not wanting to compromise?

Wild @Wild wrote a post expressing his opinion, explained his side, spoke of his dissatisfaction with the media, talked about his personal life and how the political situation affects it and did not try to provoke or blame anyone other than the media.

You then came in with 'if you like trump I'm leaving the site'. You can't talk things out if you're unwilling to listen to others.
Yeah, I heard what you said. I don't agree on getting along. We already talked about that.

You obviously didn't hear what I said. You saw what you wanted to hear. I said, "Are you gonna keep pushing this, or can you let it go?" I said, "I'm not gonna get into some bullshit or idiotic circular arguments". I said, "if you're not gonna let this go, then I don't need this place." I never said, 'if you like trump I'm leaving the site'. I said if he kept pushing a debate I would leave. There's a difference there. I already know he likes Trump, & I'm still here, aren't I?

Maybe you need to listen better if you wanna insert yourself into other people's conversation.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
You and I have always gotten along, both here and the other place. It's why I personally invited you to join us, and why you're here (I think). We agree on a lot of things when it comes to MMA. I apologize for creating this thread, but Helwani shared his opinion on social media for the world to see and he's an important figure in the MMA media. I don't see any harm in debating it. With all due respect, you don't have to click on this thread. I don't think it's necessary to put me on ignore or leave lol. I hope you don't anyway. I rarely mix politics & MMA, and I wouldn't have done so in this instance if Helwani didn't post what he did. So this isn't a common occurrence, and I apologize if anything I've said offended you. I am just giving my opinion on how I see things and the agenda that is clearly out there on both sides. No hard feelings between you and I on this end.
Alright then, barring any last words from Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony, we'll let this go. Just know that there are people creeped out by the whole Trump admin on many levels. Ties to white nationalists are one of many things people have a problem with.

I'll leave you with 3 things. Do what you will with them. Write them off as libral lefty media.

You asked before, "So because he didn't say the words Nazi or terrorism 20 minutes after the car incident happened, and the situation in Charlottesville was still happening...he's a defender of bigotry and racism, and an apologist for the KKK?"

Here's how many anti-Trump people saw his first speech:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXszx68uhsY

Here's a lefty propaganda piece on the 2nd:

Trump’s rhetorical ricochet on Charlottesville highlights basic truths about the president

Here is a breakdown on Trump's little 'alt-left' frame:

What's the Alt-Left? For Starters, Not a Thing

So there you go. That's as far as I go with this. But if you want some sort of explanation of how the other side feels, those are good places to start.

Last edited:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Yeah, I heard what you said. I don't agree on getting along. We already talked about that.

You obviously didn't hear what I said. You saw what you wanted to hear. I said, "Are you gonna keep pushing this, or can you let it go?" I said, "I'm not gonna get into some bullshit or idiotic circular arguments". I said, "if you're not gonna let this go, then I don't need this place." I never said, 'if you like trump I'm leaving the site'. I said if he kept pushing a debate I would leave. There's a difference there. I already know he likes Trump, & I'm still here, aren't I?

Maybe you need to listen better if you wanna insert yourself into other people's conversation.
I don't like trump, haven't since the start. Generally I stay out of this bullshit but it seems everything that happens gets blamed on him whether he's at fault or not. Half of the country voted for him. Does that mean half the country is

I'll agree to disagree with you, and have no want to start for the sake of getting along.
Alright then, barring any last words from Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony, we'll let this go. Just know that there are people creeped out by the whole Trump admin on many levels. Ties to white nationalists are one of many things people have a problem with.

I'll leave you with too things. Do what you will with them. Write them off as libral lefty media. You asked before, "So because he didn't say the words Nazi or terrorism 20 minutes after the car incident happened, and the situation in Charlottesville was still happening...he's a defender of bigotry and racism, and an apologist for the KKK?"

Here's how many anti-Trump supporters saw his first speech:

Trump’s rhetorical ricochet on Charlottesville highlights basic truths about the president

So there you go. That's as far as I go with this. But if you want some sort of explanation of how the other side feels, that's a good place to start.
I'm not trying to provoke anyone and for the record I think trump is a fool. But that doesn't mean that all who support him are idiots or racists.

I respect the opinions of people here on both sides for two reasons. One, sometimes good open discussion without prejudice can change your opinion on issues that you thought you were sure about. Second, know your enemy.

Mainly though, I'm just tired of all the fighting on the site.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I don't like trump, haven't since the start. Generally I stay out of this bullshit but it seems everything that happens gets blamed on him whether he's at fault or not. Half of the country voted for him. Does that mean half the country is

I'll agree to disagree with you, and have no want to start for the sake of getting along.

I'm not trying to provoke anyone and for the record I think trump is a fool. But that doesn't mean that all who support him are idiots or racists.

I respect the opinions of people here on both sides for two reasons. One, sometimes good open discussion without prejudice can change your opinion on issues that you thought you were sure about. Second, know your enemy.

Understand & respect that, but I get tired of people putting words in my mouth or misrepresenting what I said. It felt that's what happened with us.

We're good, though. Sorry if I got heated & aggro. I'm tried & grumpy from the show last night. All the Nazi/alt-right hyper-vigilance & head-swiveling is exhausting & puts me in a bad mood.

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
Don't have time to read through thread. He (probably Bannon and Roger Stone) invented this term "alt left" to try and create an equivalency (moral/political/semiotic) between "alt-right," a self-named real "thing," and "alt-left," a creation of the "alt-right" whose intent is to legitimize itself (morally/politically/semiotically), in order to reduce the force of opposition by making the opposition semiotically equivalent to itself (robbing the opposition of superior moral status). It's the POTUS being a tool of the "alt-right," disseminating its intentional "straw-man" equivalency and strategy from the most authoritative post the national institution has.

To downplay that, or overlook the lie, is a mistake, imo.
Wasn't the alt right made up by the alt left?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Understand & respect that, but I get tired of people putting words in my mouth or misrepresenting what I said. It felt that's what happened with us.

We're good, though. Sorry if I got heated & aggro. I'm tried & grumpy from the show last night. All the Nazi/alt-right hyper-vigilance & head-swiveling is exhausting & puts me in a bad mood.
No problem dude, I'm sorry I paraphrased you and misspoke of your intent.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I resemble that remark, because I block 4 or 6 people on here, but it's not because they disagree. It's because they're fundamentally attention-starved assholes, deep down, and ain't nobody got time fo dat.
That I can agree with just fine :)

That, and pineapple on pizza should be a go.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Don't have time to read through thread. He (probably Bannon and Roger Stone) invented this term "alt left" to try and create an equivalency (moral/political/semiotic) between "alt-right," a self-named real "thing," and "alt-left," a creation of the "alt-right" whose intent is to legitimize itself (morally/politically/semiotically), in order to reduce the force of opposition by making the opposition semiotically equivalent to itself (robbing the opposition of superior moral status). It's the POTUS being a tool of the "alt-right," disseminating its intentional "straw-man" equivalency and strategy from the most authoritative post the national institution has.

To downplay that, or overlook the lie, is a mistake, imo.
I agree with you here. Yet another big mistake on Trump's part being oblivious to what state America is in. I think for sure that the radicalized left (not all left) is a problem, but these Nazi gatherings should be addressed first and foremost. It should be a priority at the least. One problem at a time.

And yes, labeling is becoming more common to describe a much more complicated cultural and political ailments. No discussion, just buzzwords used to portray the "other" side. And this president definitely doesn;t shy away from that. So we have deviding shouting matches without really listening. We have so much division right now, but I think there's a vast majority of people that are willing to come together. They probably have jobs and are too busy :)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I agree with you here. Yet another big mistake on Trump's part being oblivious to what state America is in. I think for sure that the radicalized left (not all left) is a problem, but these Nazi gatherings should be addressed first and foremost. It should be a priority at the least. One problem at a time.
I think he's fully aware of it but for whatever reason he has refused to take action, on both sides. If I were him, the directive to all Governors, Mayors, Law Enforcement and local Prosecutors across the country would be "All future protest rallies are to have extensive police presence, with clear instruction that anyone blocking a road, inciting violence, committing assault or battery, making terrorists threats, committing vandalism, or any other crime is to be arrested immediately and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law"

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

I just read my post and have no clue what the fuck happened at the first part. I must have deleted a chunk and somehow not noticed.

I guess the moral of the story is don't try to write a post in more than one sitting in between stints of sledgehammering 1" rebar into 6x6's when it's 30 above outside.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I just read my post and have no clue what the fuck happened at the first part. I must have deleted a chunk and somehow not noticed.

I guess the moral of the story is don't try to write a post in more than one sitting in between stints of sledgehammering 1" rebar into 6x6's when it's 30 above outside.
Ok pizony, ok.......

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I'd be happy to put a bullet in everyone in this photo
I'd be happy if we could make them understand that race doesn't make a difference and they have been led to believe in doctrines that are able to be disproven both scientifically and socially.

Violence begets violence and the world (as well as the US on its own) has been done that path before with dire results.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

I'll leave you with 3 things. Do what you will with them. Write them off as libral lefty media.

You asked before, "So because he didn't say the words Nazi or terrorism 20 minutes after the car incident happened, and the situation in Charlottesville was still happening...he's a defender of bigotry and racism, and an apologist for the KKK?"

Here's how many anti-Trump people saw his first speech:

So there you go. That's as far as I go with this. But if you want some sort of explanation of how the other side feels, those are good places to start.
You're not gonna get a 'Trump supporter" to denounce his dog whistles and obvious bias in favor of white supremacy and neo nazis.
Not even if other respectable republicans came out and condemned his speech... which they did, including the two Bushes.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
This whole situation with Trump/riots/racism is set up just like everything else they do. They divide us, make us angry and fight each other, and then have the perfect excuse to come in with martial law and control us further.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
This whole situation with Trump/riots/racism is set up just like everything else they do. They divide us, make us angry and fight each other, and then have the perfect excuse to come in with martial law and control us further.
You mean it's another Team Trump stroke of genius? He does appear to be able to dodge all the bullets

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
You mean it's another Team Trump stroke of genius? He does appear to be able to dodge all the bullets
he might have some power but overall i think he's a puppet, it's the people behind the scenes who are running things