General Pulled my kids from school 4 Remembrance Day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Masato Toys @Masato Toys - have you heard of the book "Regeneration", or the film adaptation?

fairly contemporary, and makes for a good discussion

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"The good thing about the internet is that it allows people to educate themselves in many ways. The bad thing about the internet is that it makes stupid people think that they are educated."

- Me

the lack of self-awareness in this specimen is truly amazing .

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
Masato Toys @Masato Toys I guarantee you what your kids are getting in Canada is nothing like indoctrination here in the United States

Look at someone like John McCain he grifted his way in politics for years being a warmonger and no one could ever criticize him until Trump

Human history is nothing but a Chronicle of scam Wars

M

member 3289

Masato Toys @Masato Toys I guarantee you what your kids are getting in Canada is nothing like indoctrination here in the United States

Look at someone like John McCain he grifted his way in politics for years being a warmonger and no one could ever criticize him until Trump

Human history is nothing but a Chronicle of scam Wars
Let's show John McCain some respect, seeing as he endured a lot more than any of the dorks you follow on YouTube

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I can't stand to hear that Canadian pro-war propaganda any more, and the way they lay it on the children at school is a brainwashing crime imo, not to mention all over the TV and media for a few weeks every year around this time.

I pulled them out today, told them if they wanna stay home they have to spend 1.5 hours with me going over some other perspectives of war history that they will never hear in school. We will be watching a WWI doc this afternoon together.

We've already had some good discussions. My daughter pointed out that whatever the truth may be, the soldiers BELIEVED they were fighting the good fight. I think they were sold a load of BS propaganda but she is right, in their minds they were doing good, and in this sense their actions are indeed super brave and heroic.

But at least here in Canada, there are certain catchphrases and rhetoric that they keep repeating repeating repeating repeating from fucking Kindergarten and through our entire lives that I think is not only inaccurate but irresponsible to teach.

Here are the phrases we hear every year here that makes my stomach churn, especially in regards to WWI:

- the soldiers 'served our country'
- the soldiers were 'defending us'
- they 'fought for our democracy'
- they 'fought so we can be free'
- thanking them for their sacrifice
- 'never again'
etc etc

IMHO ^^ none of this is true. They fought and died for entirely different reasons that had little to nothing to do with Canada, unless if you possibly consider that we are a British Colony and if the British Empire was possibly defeated it might affect life here on the other side of the world.

Yet they keep perpetuating this bedtime story about how we all had to stand up to fight the evil Germans, or else we'd all be - what exactly? IMO it is this kind of rhetoric that precisely allows wars to CONTINUE TO THIS DAY (never again? lol they never stopped) - this idea in the back of our undeveloped and uninformed minds that soldiers are fighting the noble fight, defending us from an evil enemy, that they did it 100% for us and that we should thank them for doing this so we can enjoy the good things we have today, etc etc etc. I just can't stomach this anymore, and take great offence that people who don't know SHIT about world war history are feeding this stuff to children. Propaganda at its thickest imo.

Anyways, come at me. I know this pisses many people off, but I bet hearing the fairytale propaganda pisses me off more.
Didnt Canadians have to go go to war in WW1, and 2 for that matter, because they are part of Her Majesties Army?

Jan 21, 2015
Ww1 right? That's what your post references.
Well it doesn't make a difference really, Remembrance Day here pretty much celebrates/glorifies soldiers of all wars we had troops in. I guess WWI vets are long gone already.

But if you're talking what soldiers were told vs reality sure we can start to crack that in regards to WWI. What do YOU think the soldiers thought they were fighting for? Let's dig up some Canadian WWI propaganda of the day. I bet if you told them the truth it would seem so alien to them Canadians would have just laughed at the notion of even remotely participating

How do you get people to go and fight a war for you?

There was a lengthy interview I remember with an author of a book called 'The Vilification of Germany', but i can't seem to find any links at the moment. Was super interesting, how much concentrated effort was made in both wars to get as many people as possible to hate Germany. Not just hate like the word is used today, I mean really HATE, dehumanize, see them as beasts. And it worked for the most part. We still hate the Germans culturally from those times, no remorse or pity for the soldiers that died equally gruesomely on the other side. As in, how dare you even think of offering compassion for them? You can't even say it most places

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What about the rainbow war? Do you celebrate the survivors of that?

Jan 21, 2015
Here is the doc I'm gonna watch/discuss with my kids in place of 'Yay War Day':

Watch that, and tell me if you would have gone to fight.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
My dad took me out of sex Ed class for the unit on the vagina. He didn’t want me to waste my life looking for the lie that is the clitoris.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But if you're talking what soldiers were told vs reality sure we can start to crack that in regards to WWI
That's what I'm referencing because that's what you said.

What do YOU think the soldiers thought they were fighting for?
Hey now, don't turn it around on me. You are the one who made the post and referenced it as a reason to pull your kids out, that you guys were having a day of it. So what's the delta there between reality and not?

You have conflated ww1 propaganda (vs legit involvement) with all modern war propaganda going on to this day. I can't wrap my mind around the string that connects all of those to the extent that I would mention it all in the same breath as you do. You even said:

especially in regards to WWI:
So what about WW1 was so egregious that it makes up the bulk of your post in angering you?

Jan 21, 2015
That's what I'm referencing because that's what you said.

Hey now, don't turn it around on me. You are the one who made the post and referenced it as a reason to pull your kids out, that you guys were having a day of it. So what's the delta there between reality and not?

You have conflated ww1 propaganda (vs legit involvement) with all modern war propaganda going on to this day. I can't wrap my mind around the string that connects all of those to the extent that I would mention it all in the same breath as you do. You even said:

So what about WW1 was so egregious that it makes up the bulk of your post in angering you?
You always sound like you're disagreeing with me! That's OK but I'm curious as to your stance... do you think WWI was a just war? Do you think the rhetoric of the vets sacrificing and serving their country (Canada in this instance) 'so we can be free' is even remotely accurate?

Really I am more concerned with the gap between the reality of war and the sentiment of modern Remembrance Day rhetoric. Here we always honor the fallen, and reflect on the horrors of war - which is all fine and good - but they NEVER EVER examine the REASONS for the wars, nor ever give the slightest hint that maybe the wars were unjust in the first place. The unconscious sentiment is always that they were legit wars that had to be fought, and of course we were on the side of the 'Good Guys'. This is what I have a problem with. This is what imo allows the perpetual war machine to keep rolling. They skew the propaganda from war to war, but yes I do see great similarities in this regard for all modern wars. That's why I mention it in the same breath. In fact, I think that most wars since WWI have actually been concocted basically by the same groups.

Here in Canada, the sentiment for WWI propaganda seemed mostly to be about GUILT. I bet there was a huge effort to make men feel like they should be ashamed if they did not go, as if 'Real Men' would and should all go. If you choose to stay and take care of your wife and kids and farm you should be ashamed. Honestly, I bet most soldiers didn't have a fuckin clue what the war was even about... they just went because of foggy manufactured social pressures.

Do you really think a single average Canadian was presented with any facts about what the war was about, or how it affected Canada? Do you think it was in the interest of the war machine to have the population educated on the issue?

Here is a SMALL sampling of WWI posters of the day. I have a huge interest in war propaganda artwork, have studied several wars from this perspective, and ALWAYS find them to be absolutely ridiculous.

(I dare not even open the vault of US propaganda lol)

Questioning men's masculinity/honor:

lol - if you don't leave your family to go get slaughtered in Europe you will be caught with your pants down:

As if it was a fucking Hockey game:

I wonder sometimes if the line in our National Anthem 'We Stand On Guard For Thee' was a result of some sort of war propaganda:

And if you couldn't actually leave your wife and kids to go slaughter other human beings for god knows why, they guilted people into giving over their MONEY. Who knows what kind of corruption went on here? Where that money actually went?

LOLOLOL:

How much was being taken advantage of ECONOMICALLY via war-guilt? How many industries might have been shifted around, competition eliminated, monopolizations seized, etc etc as a result of using war sentiment to change people's buying patterns?
It would make a very interesting study imo

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
And here are some samples that I really hate the most - cartoonishly demonizing the 'enemy', and making it seem as if they would have ACTUALLY INVADED CANADA if they had lost. I don't think this is the case for EITHER world wars, yet the propaganda made it seem like some Hollywood plague that would have eventually come to Canadian's doorstep. Demonizing the enemy, making people hate and dehumanize them - this dehumanizes everyone! It is the nastiest of business, it makes me sick. Making people lose their humanity, their compassion, and turn them into beasts willing to maim and kill other human beings so they can increase their profits - this is real evil imo

Read this shite, actually manipulating women via fear, guilt, and social stigma to send their husbands and the fathers of their children to war. 'You have read what the Germans have done in Belgium. Have you thought what they would do if they invaded this country?'
WTF

This looks like a US poster but same idea:

Seriously, tell me if any of that ^^ is rational or makes sense. Tell me there isn't a gap between what people were told/sold about WWI and what it was really all about.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
If Canada would make Remembrance Day about REALLY exposing the horrors of war, lamenting the loss of our loved ones for bullshit reasons, showing people the REAL reasons that bring wars about, and the nature of the people/groups/interests that fund them and make them possible... I would be completely on board.

If they showed documentaries on Remembrance Day like the one I posted, showing stuff about Cecil Rhodes' Round Table etc, and explained war-profiteering and how Banking fits into it all... THEN maybe people would be horrified enough to ACTUALLY say 'never again'.

But until that is part of it, all this 'Lest We Forget' is just bullshit. As long as we keep this subtle unconscious sentiment that the wars that are fought are just and right, that the 'enemies' truly had to be defeated and that soldiers were simply fighting so we can be free etc... the war machine will keep rolling.

The sick irony is that imo Remembrance Day as its presented here is actually just continued War Propaganda. It has the same underlying sentiment as those stupid posters ^^

Jan 21, 2015
Fuck! All the images are gone

lol. I will try to dig them up again

that sucks I had a good selection of images