QF2: Vision vs Gladiator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Vision vs Gladiator

• Vision

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Leigh @Leigh good point about the immense forces. After reading about these 2, I would actually suggest using some form of the intangible ability like this is the only way Vision could actually win. I don't see him actually hurting Gladiator any other way. Also, is Gladiator the guy whose powers are tied to his confidence?
Yes. It got retconned out but now it's retconned back in. So if Vision can make him doubt himself, Gladiator will lose strength. Easier said than done though - he's banged out Hyperion and taken punches from Juggernaut and then slapped him away.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
I find it hard to lose confidence against an artificial life form created by a sub-optimal species, when I have battled & beaten the avatar of the Phoenix Force. Plus my "Hawk of Mo" is Badass.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Has anyone considered whether or not Gladiator's unique radiation weakness is the type Vision emits?

If so, he could do that, then become intangible, and sacrafice his fist in Gladiator's heart @ 90 tons.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Has anyone considered whether or not Gladiator's unique radiation weakness is the type Vision emits?

If so, he could do that, then become intangible, and sacrafice his fist in Gladiator's heart @ 90 tons.
What is his radiation weakness?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What is his radiation weakness?

"This has been shown more then once and it seems to be something people like to argue about. Some say that because it was not "actually" shown we do not know if it is true. My scans disprove that....

Of course here is the scan most commonly referred to, silver surfer knows his weakness and by the way Lilandra is acting gladiator seems to be heavily affected by this special kind of radiation.

The hulk fight, where he is actually shown to be affected by radiation, it even says "some" types of radiation. I have seen people say this fight "got his weakness wrong" but it appears gladiator has multiple instances of being shown to be affected by radiation.

Just thought I would post this for future reference in fights where he is facing someone who could exploit this."

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"This has been shown more then once and it seems to be something people like to argue about. Some say that because it was not "actually" shown we do not know if it is true. My scans disprove that....

Of course here is the scan most commonly referred to, silver surfer knows his weakness and by the way Lilandra is acting gladiator seems to be heavily affected by this special kind of radiation.

The hulk fight, where he is actually shown to be affected by radiation, it even says "some" types of radiation. I have seen people say this fight "got his weakness wrong" but it appears gladiator has multiple instances of being shown to be affected by radiation.

Just thought I would post this for future reference in fights where he is facing someone who could exploit this."
I did blast him with some before the impact.... Maybe it's time for a few passes around the sun to charge up

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

Gladiator is a superman rip off. Super strength, super speed, flight, super breath, lasers from his eyes and susceptible to a certain form of radiation. Comic writers are inconsistent and I would argue that Gladiator has demonstrated resistance to radiation found in a nuclear reaction.

As with superman and kryptonite, an opponent would need to know and then produce the specific radiation type. Silver Surfer could do it.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Gladiator is a superman rip off. Super strength, super speed, flight, super breath, lasers from his eyes and susceptible to a certain form of radiation. Comic writers are inconsistent and I would argue that Gladiator has demonstrated resistance to radiation found in a nuclear reaction.

As with superman and kryptonite, an opponent would need to know and then produce the specific radiation type. Silver Surfer could do it.
Right, but The Vision is about as all-knowing as Surfer regarding radiation, maybe even the Power Cosmic.

"The Vision is described as being "...every inch a human being—except that all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials."[40] The Solar Jewel on the Vision's forehead absorbs ambient solar energy to provide the needed power for him to function, and he is also capable of discharging this energy as optic beams; with this, he can fire beams of infrared and microwave radiation. In extreme cases he can discharge this same power through the Solar Jewel itself which amplifies its destructive effects considerably, albeit at the cost of losing most of his resources. The Vision also possesses the ability to manipulate his density, which at its lowest allows flight and a ghostly, phasing intangibility, and at its heaviest provides superhuman strength, immovability, and a diamond-hard near invulnerability. The Vision is capable of reaching a density ten times greater than that of depleted uranium.[41] On one occasion, the Vision uses this extreme durability to render unconscious the villain Count Nefaria.[42] The Vision often uses his ability to alter his density against foes, by phasing an intangible hand through them and then partially re-materializing it—a process he describes as "physical disruption." This effect typically causes great pain and results in incapacitation, as is the case when used against the Earth-712 version of the hero Hyperion.[43] Being an artificial life-form/android of sorts, the Vision possesses multiple superhuman senses—as well as superhuman stamina, reflexes, speed, agility, and strength (even without being at high density). The Vision was trained in unarmed combat by Captain America, and is an expert in the combat use of his superhuman powers. The Vision is an expert on his own construction and repair, and is a highly skilled tactician and strategist. The Vision controls his density by interfacing with an unknown dimension to/from which he can shunt or accrue mass, thus becoming either intangible or extraordinarily massive. The Vision also possesses superhuman analytical capabilities, and has the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.

After the Age of Ultron, Vision joins the Avengers A.I. team where his "evolve" protocols were activated and now his body is formed from millions of nanobots.[volume & issue needed]

The Vision of the Young Avengers is able to use Iron Lad's neuro-kinetic armor to recreate the former Vision's abilities, including strength, density manipulation, and flight. The yellow solar cell on the Vision's forehead can also emit a beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The Vision is also capable of energy and holographic manipulation,shapeshifting and time travel."

Although Gladiator is much more powerful, like Supes, styles make fights, and he may be fighting against his weakness, a supercomputer who knows and wields it.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Right, but The Vision is about as all-knowing as Surfer regarding radiation, maybe even the Power Cosmic.

"The Vision is described as being "...every inch a human being—except that all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials."[40] The Solar Jewel on the Vision's forehead absorbs ambient solar energy to provide the needed power for him to function, and he is also capable of discharging this energy as optic beams; with this, he can fire beams of infrared and microwave radiation. In extreme cases he can discharge this same power through the Solar Jewel itself which amplifies its destructive effects considerably, albeit at the cost of losing most of his resources. The Vision also possesses the ability to manipulate his density, which at its lowest allows flight and a ghostly, phasing intangibility, and at its heaviest provides superhuman strength, immovability, and a diamond-hard near invulnerability. The Vision is capable of reaching a density ten times greater than that of depleted uranium.[41] On one occasion, the Vision uses this extreme durability to render unconscious the villain Count Nefaria.[42] The Vision often uses his ability to alter his density against foes, by phasing an intangible hand through them and then partially re-materializing it—a process he describes as "physical disruption." This effect typically causes great pain and results in incapacitation, as is the case when used against the Earth-712 version of the hero Hyperion.[43] Being an artificial life-form/android of sorts, the Vision possesses multiple superhuman senses—as well as superhuman stamina, reflexes, speed, agility, and strength (even without being at high density). The Vision was trained in unarmed combat by Captain America, and is an expert in the combat use of his superhuman powers. The Vision is an expert on his own construction and repair, and is a highly skilled tactician and strategist. The Vision controls his density by interfacing with an unknown dimension to/from which he can shunt or accrue mass, thus becoming either intangible or extraordinarily massive. The Vision also possesses superhuman analytical capabilities, and has the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.

After the Age of Ultron, Vision joins the Avengers A.I. team where his "evolve" protocols were activated and now his body is formed from millions of nanobots.[volume & issue needed]

The Vision of the Young Avengers is able to use Iron Lad's neuro-kinetic armor to recreate the former Vision's abilities, including strength, density manipulation, and flight. The yellow solar cell on the Vision's forehead can also emit a beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The Vision is also capable of energy and holographic manipulation,shapeshifting and time travel."

Although Gladiator is much more powerful, like Supes, styles make fights, and he may be fighting against his weakness, a supercomputer who knows and wields it.
I don't think gladiator is susceptible to infrared or microwave radiation. I also don't know of any instances where it can be argued that Vision wields energy and radiation like the Silver Surfer.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah, it's a grey area. Gladiator can fly through stars, but can't handle a nuke reactor?
And is Vision's microwave radiation the kind Glad can't handle?
Pivotal question in nerdology imo.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
The power that Vision would have to tap into to even effect Gladiator would absolutely drain his battery power. Especially after an attack that caused Nuclear winter...lol.

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015
I think this fight could very well boil down to how either of them is going to hurt the other. How does Vision get past the durability of Gladiator and assuming Vision goes intangible, how does G hope to hurt him as Vision can stay intangible for as long as he wants I believe I read. After an hour or two of Gladiator swinging and hitting air, does his confidence begin to waver?

These are answers I must have! :confounded:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I would like to see what happens if I go intangible, pass through Gladiator, up my density to 90 tons inside him, while firing a radiation laser inside him.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
This match is currently tied at 5-5, so we go to sudden death. Next vote that I see wins.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
I call Shenanigans. Absolutely no way vision wins that fight. Smelling a Bit - O -

Congrats anyway A-Hole....;)

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I call Shenanigans. Absolutely no way vision wins that fight. Smelling a Bit - O -

Congrats anyway A-Hole....;)
That small dick gene is just fucking your whole shit up. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but it's out of my hands